Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: color problems  (Read 9509 times)
lanceloet
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: June 27, 2010, 09:56:40 AM »

I have installed openarena, but at the first time I played it, I used alt+tab. after that I closed the game, but the colours of my screen were in a weird way. everything is coloured very light now! I have tried to remove this effect ( restarting computer, system recovery, restarting the game and exit before even playing) but nothing works. when I restart, it shows normal until windows is completely loaded, then it turns to 'white' again. the only way to take this effect away, is playing openarena. screenshots opened on another pc show the normal colours.

I am using windows vista 32 bit, on an toshiba laptop.

anybody has an idea to solve this?? thanks in advance for the help

lanceloet
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 11:22:47 AM »

Find your graphic card settings and change gamma there.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
lanceloet
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 12:09:11 PM »

Find your graphic card settings and change gamma there.
were can I find those? I tried everything I could think of...
lanceloet
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 01:05:32 PM »

really can't find the gamma settings... btw are you sure the graphics card is the problem? the fact that windows starts up normally, and then it turns to 'very light' seems to contradict that.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 01:48:32 PM »

The game adjust the graphic cards gamma during startup and adjust it back then terminating. Most graphic drivers will not allow the change to be permanent over a reboot because this problem is well known. Your graphic card drivers likely allows it and therefore you need to find the driver's control panel and adjust. Finding this in Vista is extremely hard and depending on driver installed.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
lanceloet
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 01:51:06 PM »

the problem might be that indeed.... the first time I played the game it didn't shut down the right way, so it might be back ok when I find this... well thanks for the help, will look further for it.

EDIT: will it help to reinstall the driver? or do I still have to find those settings then?
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 02:33:18 PM »

Not sure at all, but I see some gamma setting in rivatuner which might be it (actually it'd have saved me a reinstall if i knew this earlier lol.. office2007installation+oa did the same to my system).
>This< is the download for rivatuner. Install it, then just launch the "RivaTuner" application from the start menu. In the part of the 'Target adapter' is a button right next to 'customize', click that and choose the third icon (left from the middle) which says 'Low-level desktop color schemes' if you hover over it. There is some gamma setting which for me is just set to 1, maybe it helps adjusting that.

Hope this helps!
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 01:22:25 AM »

From the DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/FAQ#The_game_crashed.2C_and_it_left_my_screen_too_bright.21]FAQs:
Q: The game crashed, and it left my screen too bright!
A: You can try solving this by using LordHavoc's setgamma tool to reset the brightness to normal. You can find it here

...it worked for me... (Windows XP)... but in my case the problem wasn't kept after a reboot...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
lanceloet
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 02:29:35 AM »

thanks! that worked... but it still comes back when I restart. (damnit) I put the program in the startup folder, that way it will set it ok every time I startup.... but it isn't an definite solution... somebody any other way to solve?
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2010, 06:14:27 AM »

I don't know, this is a strange issue...
Already tried to uninstall and then reinstall the video driver?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 08:43:01 AM »

Rivatuner had a checkbox for 'apply at windows startup', but not sure if that does the same as putting that program in the startup folder.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: