Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I uninstall OpenArena completely?  (Read 10152 times)
Mr. Grey
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: July 16, 2010, 04:21:30 AM »

I have Windows Vista and i want to remove OpenArena. Where are all the files of OA? Is it sufficient to delete all folders? And what is with the modifications like Defrag?
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 04:41:13 AM »

I think you have to remove (1) the installation folder (it depends from where you unzipped the downloaded files, for example c:\OpenArena 0.8.1, or c:\program files\OpenArena, or maybe on your desktop...), and (2) the configuration/autodownload data folder, that -unless you specified a different one- is %appdata&\OpenArena... under Vista it should be C:\Users\username\Appdata\Roaming\OpenArena (see also DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/FAQ#Where_are_the_configuration_files_saved.3F]here). Mods are inside subfolders of those folders.

I don't know if there are more files or settings around. I just take a quick look the the Windows Registry (regedit) of WinXP, and there OpenArena seems to appear simply in the "history" of programs like the zip manager and recently used files...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 01:54:25 AM »

Afaik OA doesn't save anything to the register. Just get rid of any shortcuts you made, the install directory and the config directory.

But why'd you wanna uninstall it Cry
Mr. Grey
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 05:04:10 AM »

Thanks for your help.
OpenArena dont work right on my computer so i prefer to uninstall it.
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 06:30:57 AM »

Maybe you should ask for help to get it work instead of an uninstall.
Usualy all of the folks here are neat and help as much as they can Smiley
Logan

Cakes 2

I'm one of those Canadians you've heard about

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 11:53:33 PM »

Yea, people here can help you if you need it.

How does it not work right?

*Logan*

Let Me Kill You In Open Arena--> Digichalk 0.8.5
Let Me Kill You In Quake Live--> Logan26
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 09:28:24 AM »

if it says 'opengl subsystem not found' you probably either don't have accelleration, or you do but sdl is stupid (i like to bet on the latter for killing off voodoo2 support and screwing up mouse input while sdl fanboys go in a war against my view like i'm an idiot who is making this stuff up)

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Mr. Grey
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 09:18:05 AM »

I know that people can help me, this is the reason why I ask my questions here  Tongue

if it says 'opengl subsystem not found' you probably either don't have accelleration, or you do but sdl is stupid (i like to bet on the latter for killing off voodoo2 support and screwing up mouse input while sdl fanboys go in a war against my view like i'm an idiot who is making this stuff up)
Is this addressed to me? I don't understand what you want to say.
Logan

Cakes 2

I'm one of those Canadians you've heard about

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 09:57:39 AM »

I know that people can help me, this is the reason why I ask my questions here  Tongue

Makes sense to me.  Grin

*Logan*

Let Me Kill You In Open Arena--> Digichalk 0.8.5
Let Me Kill You In Quake Live--> Logan26
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: