Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OpenArena menu looks distorted upon starting up.  (Read 5325 times)
Oreo
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« on: July 10, 2010, 06:57:09 PM »

Hello!

Uh, so here's the problem: I just installed Fedora 13 (previously had Ubuntu 9.04) and decided to install OpenArena so I could get back to bunny hopping and all that.

Thing is when I start OA, the menu looks distorted, diagonally, and I can't advance because I can't see the menu and try and change settings.

I don't know what the problem would be, I don't think it'd be dependencies because I installed it through Fedora's Add/Remove.

This happens as well when I downloaded OA directly from OA's website.

Tried the legacy client, same, happens in 0.8.1 and after applying the patch.

Anyone know what's wrong or what I should try?

Cakes 7

Is 7 up?

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 02:47:01 AM »

Hi, I installed Fedora 13 x86_64 a few days ago and it works like a charm.

My first question would be: did you install real 3D support for your graphics card or are you working with the open source drivers? If you didn't, follow the instructions on The Unofficial Fedora FAQ to install the nVidia drivers (ATI drivers are not out yet, so if you have an ATI card you'll have to wait).

If it still doesn't work after that, remove the q3config.cfg from ~/.openarena/baseoa and try to start the game again, it might be there is a wrong video mode (the r_mode cvar) in that config file.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 03:08:24 AM by 7 » Logged

I'm on the ten most wanted list, I've got it dead in the groove.
My face is on every wanted poster in town, for the way I move.
Oreo
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 04:58:44 PM »

Hello 7, thanks for replying.

Actually no I haven't, I went ahead and browsed through the provided site and found what I think would be the drivers for my graphics card (it's a Unichrome S3 so it's obscure almost).

However everything still looks slanted and deleting the q3config.cfg file doesn't help either.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: