Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: reloaded: hydronex  (Read 64669 times)
Mr. D
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2009, 12:17:06 PM »

Wow this map is very nice and is one of my favourite , I suggest to put a portal in the flag room to escape very easy from it...maybe putting it a little highly in th wall to accede with a rocket jump(?)

(I have also play it with Nexuiz a few of days ago, but in OA is a little better to play it Smiley)

(Sorry for my bad English...)
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2009, 04:28:57 PM »

I'm going in the opposite direction, simplifying this map. I've ended with a bit of unhappiness towards both hydro3 and the latest hydro2.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2009, 04:13:03 PM »

Here's a top-down sketch of what I'm doing now.

As you can see, the center area is shorter, the snipìng houses aren't there no more. As I've said before, I guess that some map layouts from other games (the inspiration for this map was CTF-Hydro16 from Unreal Tournament, a map which has it's success on that game because of the translocator) won't work well on OA. Hell, it won't work even with the grapple. :/

Overall, the map is short in some areas, but in others maybe it's size has grown up. (vis adaption) I've added some lateral passages as well, so all the action shouldn't be attached to the outdoor area. The wall has been removed as well, and there're still more and more changes to come. It won't be as all and any of the older Hydros, although it'll look as all the past Hydros as well. Maybe I'll change the name of the map, to reflex the new route.

EDIT: ColorCodedForYourConvenience (?)
* Walls are Red
* Indoor passages are Blue
* Outdoor areas are uncolored
* Water is Cyan
* Underwater passages are violet
* Teleporters are green (I forgot to point their destinations, but are the same as in older hydros)
* Flag positions are yellow

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
*THd*BlakDragon
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2010, 02:12:22 AM »

Hello all
I know this Thread is older,but i have seen you talk about hydronex, so check out hydrore Wink

Skills for the health,
Rails for the Life,
if you hate it, use a knife!

If you watch for shaders or help (q3mapping) watch there

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2010, 03:16:03 AM »

Hitman and I had a discussion about how darker hydronex1 is compared to hydronex2 (which is normal as N.K. likely has improved lightning and such).
I thought it could have been due to patch085, however after I removed it walls are still quite dark.
IMO it's playable even if that dark, it's only the lateral walls. I can't confirm something changed.
Hitman, if you can do further testings ... Wink Note: you may pay attention to the lightning chosen (vertex or lightmap) knowing that some server will switch you to lightmap because of videoflags variable.

Todo: Walk the cat.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2010, 03:02:49 PM »

I've decided to take the same hard route I've took for am_underworks and redo hydronex from scratch.
Stay tuned for news.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: