Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't get map to build.  (Read 5635 times)
KKCBulletBill
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: September 05, 2010, 08:12:51 PM »

I went and downloaded Q3Map2Build per a tutorials instructions. I got my cube-map ready to go in Radiant, but when I try to build it I get Error in MakeBatch: 75 Path/File access error. Then Error in cmdBuild: 5: Invalid procedure call or argument.

I'm surprised Radiant doesn't have an internal build option so I don't have to use a different program like Q3Map2Build in order to compile/build what I want.

Any help?
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 10:21:28 PM »

Windows, Linux?
Full path of the folder where you have Q3Map2Build?

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 02:12:55 AM »

I'm surprised Radiant doesn't have an internal build option so I don't have to use a different program like Q3Map2Build in order to compile/build what I want.

As far as I know Q3Map2Build is only a graphical front-end for q3map2, which is the commandline compiler for maps. But all the Radiants have support for q3map2, you will find it in the install folder and there's a menu entry for it too ('Bsp' in GTKRadiant (correct if I'm wrong) and 'Build' in Netradiant). Which tutorial did you read?

http://udionline.hu/en/projektek/openarena/
Todo list: 1. q3dm17 textures replacement (95% done)
KKCBulletBill
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 12:50:55 PM »

Actually, I just got it to build. Yeah, I saw that GTKRadiant (Windows) has a built in builder. Once I did that for Q3Map2 meta build it was fine.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: