Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sarge forced in CTF  (Read 8156 times)
christooss
Lesser Nub

Cakes 3

« on: August 23, 2010, 02:42:26 PM »

I have /model "tony" and /headmodel "penguin" and when I enter CTF match me and opponents are sarge model.

Any suggestions what would be wrong? I searched q3config.cfg and my autoexec.cfg and I have nothing sarge related. Is that a feature not a bug sort of problem?

tnx for anwsers
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 05:25:08 PM »

They should be team_model and team_headmodel (I am using a PDA, now... please check the player settings page on the wiki)... how do you have them?

Strange you cannot find sarge in your q3config.cfg file...

For the look of the other players, if they look like yours, it should be "force player model" option...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 07:05:34 PM »

Force player model always goes to sarge in team games. I hate it too, and I only use forcemodel to test bot-less player models (and not for playing)

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 01:49:06 AM »

Force player model always goes to sarge in team games.
I did not notice this (I use sarge as tmy model and I don't use force player model)... is there a reason for that? :-/

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
christooss
Lesser Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 03:25:58 PM »

This was the reason for my sarge problem. Now solved Smiley
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 03:40:55 PM »

This was the reason for my sarge problem. Now solved Smiley
Solved... how? Disabling forcemodel? But I still don't understand the reason for this...

christooss
Lesser Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 04:47:08 PM »

Yes cg_forcemodel 0 solved my problem. For the second part I don't understand either.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 05:40:08 AM »

I just checked in Quake 3. If you enable force player model, during team matches your model is ignored, and Sarge is used instead...
So this was not introduced by OpenArena.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: