Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: new map for oa!  (Read 86329 times)
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2010, 04:02:07 PM »

Wait a second, I just thought of something. Once I read some shader tuts...

Isn't it possible that LightingSpecular makes the bloom related problem?

Also if it's a shader problem, check the corresponding shader, then. You should know what name you're using for them...

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
seven
Half-Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2010, 05:24:05 PM »

Wait a second, I just thought of something. Once I read some shader tuts...

Isn't it possible that LightingSpecular makes the bloom related problem?

Also if it's a shader problem, check the corresponding shader, then. You should know what name you're using for them...

J changed paramentr in shader blendfunc add to blendFunc GL_DST_COLOR GL_ZERO but map look difrent, but bloom effects is disabled.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 07:28:04 PM by seven » Logged
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2010, 12:38:00 AM »

sorry, i have no clue on how to map with blender.
Pain
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2010, 01:31:03 AM »

cool maps. too bad they are not used on public servers  Angry (afaik)

Instantgib is serious business ... I guess.
seven
Half-Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2010, 11:51:33 AM »

sorry, i have no clue on how to map with blender.
I also use gmax.
seven
Half-Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2010, 11:57:25 AM »

cool maps. too bad they are not used on public servers  Angry (afaik)
Wink
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2010, 12:04:58 PM »

Maybe some info about mapping with blender can be found here:
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Modelling_a_map
and following the links at the end of that page...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
seven
Half-Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2010, 12:38:56 PM »

Maybe some info about mapping with blender can be found here:
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Modelling_a_map
and following the links at the end of that page...
thx! J export map to ASE format.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2010, 12:58:42 PM »

You may find some more mapping-related infos here:
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Mapping_resources_%26_tutorials

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
seven
Half-Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2010, 11:48:37 AM »

map Smiley
tbs v7
- no bloom effects on terrain
- mega health in interesting place
- add jumppads
- refresh skybox
- beter looks terrain shader
- delete unuse alpha channel (little file)
- close to the end
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 01:43:34 PM by seven » Logged
Someone_mad
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

Painted nails and long haired... I'm not a witch!

« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2010, 02:26:25 PM »

Hey looks good...!
I've put a link of a download on a french forum...!
look here ^^ http://openarena.forumactif.com/maps-f8/maps-en-vracs-t60.htm
         ±END¤CONNEXION±

seven
Half-Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2010, 03:03:18 PM »

Hey looks good...!
I've put a link of a download on a french forum...!
look here ^^ http://openarena.forumactif.com/maps-f8/maps-en-vracs-t60.htm
         ±END¤CONNEXION±
thx
Someone_mad
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2010, 03:37:57 PM »

My pleasure...!
        ±END¤CONNEXION±

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2010, 05:42:54 PM »

Remember to tell them that it is only a beta...  Wink

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2010, 06:30:30 PM »

Seven, I tried tbs7.
I like it!!!!  Grin

And this time my old machine framerate slowdown is much less than in the previous versions! Smiley I don't know if it is caused by the different shaders you used, or by different compiling options, or something else.

But I have to say that the jump-pads (except the fact that their texture is not excellent) that allow you to fly from an edge of the map to the other are funny to use, but may be dangerous for the gameplay: they allow to capture the flag in few seconds:
- Starting from your side of the map, use the jump-pad, taking the megahealth.
- While you are mid-air, push "back" button. You will land directly on the enemy flag.
- Jump down from there, and enter the teleport.
- Use the jump-pad, and push "back" button. You will land direcly on your flag. Scored!
How many seconds needs this? Maybe a little too fast?
Well, the map is small and maybe also strafe-jumping through the tunnel will take a similar short time, but in the tunnel you have to slow down a bit in the central part... and probably it could be a little more easy to the enemy team to kill you before you pass the middle of the tunnel than when you are mid-air after using the jump-pad...
Guys, what do you think about it?

PS: If you want to make the map compatible with other gametypes (like One Flag CTF and Domination), you can take a look to:
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Mapping
and
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Mapping_information_for_special_gametypes
Since that page does not talk about Overload, Harvester and One Flag Capture (yet), you can take a look to this page.

PPS: Seven, take a look to the console log: there are a couple of messages about "unknown blend mode xxxxx in shader yyyyy".

PPPS: Another strange thing is that, if I launch the map in "Double Domination" mode, it works (since the "double domination points" are simply placed where the red and the blue flags are), but scrolling (a lot) back the console log, I see "Warning: DD without point A" and "Warning: DD without point B".. these messages do not appear in some other maps I tried, and are just under the "missing AAS" error... maybe are they shown only because there is no aas file, even if this sounds a little strange, reading the error message?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 08:13:16 PM by Gig » Logged

Someone_mad
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2010, 06:52:36 PM »

Remember to tell them that it is only a beta...  Wink
HAHA!
I will Gig, for sure...!
       ±END¤CONNEXION±

seven
Half-Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2010, 07:21:23 PM »

Seven, I tried tbs7.
I like it!!!!  Grin

And this time my old machine framerate slowdown is much less than in the previous versions! Smiley I don't know if it is caused by the different shaders you used, or by different compiling options, or something else.

But I have to say that the jump-pads (except the fact that their texture is not excellent) that allow you to fly from an edge of the map to the other are funny to use, but may be dangerous for the gameplay: they allow to capture the flag in few seconds:
- Starting from your side of the map, use the jump-pad, taking the megahealth.
- While you are mid-air, push "back" button. You will land directly on the enemy flag.
- Jump down from there, and enter the teleport.
- Use the jump-pad, and push "back" button. You will land direcly on your flag. Scored!
How many seconds needs this? Maybe a little too fast?
Well, the map is small and maybe also strafe-jumping through the tunnel will take a similar short time, but in the tunnel you have to slow down a bit in the central part... and probably it could be a little more easy to the enemy team to kill you before you pass the middle of the tunnel than when you are mid-air after using the jump-pad...
Guys, what do you think about it?

PS: If you want to make the map compatible with other gametypes (like One Flag CTF and Domination), you can take a look to:
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Mapping
and
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Mapping_information_for_special_gametypes
Since that page does not talk about Overload, Harvester and One Flag Capture (yet), you can take a look to this page.

PPS: Seven, take a look to the console log: there are a couple of messages about "unknown blend mode xxxxx in shader yyyyy".

PPPS: Another strange thing is that, if I launch the map in "Double Domination" mode, it works (since the "double domination points" are simply placed where the red and the blue flag are), but scrolling (a lot) back the console log, I see "Warning: DD without point A" and "Warning: DD without point B".. these messages do not appear in some other maps I tried, and are just under the "missing AAS" error... maybe are they shown only because there is no aas file, even if this sounds a little strange, reading the error message?
I thing so about delete jumpad on top
seven
Half-Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2010, 07:23:22 PM »

Remember to tell them that it is only a beta...  Wink
How make marks on wall?
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2010, 08:10:30 PM »

Another thing: the powerline wires of that two colors look strange... what about having them simply black?

PS: What about placing some kind of item (a weapon -but not the railgun- or some kind of bonus, for example a portable medkit or a health bonus) on the two small platforms? Those that you can reach only with a rocket jump (losing health) and then you find nothing over them....

seven
Half-Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2010, 04:37:58 AM »

Another thing: the powerline wires of that two colors look strange... what about having them simply black?

PS: What about placing some kind of item (a weapon -but not the railgun- or some kind of bonus, for example a portable medkit or a health bonus) on the two small platforms? Those that you can reach only with a rocket jump (losing health) and then you find nothing over them....
good idea - done!
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2010, 05:40:53 AM »

Seven, again you posted a new version of the map without writing a new post!
Let's go to see the re-textured version....

I copy the links here, for convenience:
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/24968770/tbs7.pk3 (old textures)
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/25008016/tbs7.pk3 (new textures)

More, the name of the pk3 of these two versions is the same... tbs7... and that name has been previously used in another version of the map (I see it's not the same version, even for the "old textures" version the size of the file is different than in the previous tbs7)!

Okay, tested the new version.
About the new textures, they seem nice at the first look (even if maybe they make a little more difficult to distinguish the shape of the map), but at the highest detail level, it is possible to see something like pixels artefacts...

I suggest you to place some item (maybe series of +5 health or armor shards, but decide yourself) on the small ramps, to encourage players to use them (otherwise, peple will always simply jump down or use the teleporter).

Another thing: somebody can tell me why in this map I have big problems in rocketjumping to get on the small platforms? PS: there is still nothing over those platforms, why should one get there?

PS: I still hope that someone may help you telling how to enable marks on walls in this map.

UPDATE: Tested with bots... it seems that bots never go to the upper level. Even if I steal their flag and stop myself in the middle of the ramp that goes up, waiting for them to chase me, they stop at the first meters of the ramp and shoot from there... it seems that they can't go further...
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 06:33:00 AM by Gig » Logged

pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2010, 06:06:24 AM »

PS: I still hope that someone may help you telling how to enable marks on walls in this map.

i guess it's because the map is one large model?
seven
Half-Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2010, 09:23:55 AM »

Seven, again you posted a new version of the map without writing a new post!
Let's go to see the re-textured version....

I copy the links here, for convenience:
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/24968770/tbs7.pk3 (old textures)
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/25008016/tbs7.pk3 (new textures)

More, the name of the pk3 of these two versions is the same... tbs7... and that name has been previously used in another version of the map (I see it's not the same version, even for the "old textures" version the size of the file is different than in the previous tbs7)!

Okay, tested the new version.
About the new textures, they seem nice at the first look (even if maybe they make a little more difficult to distinguish the shape of the map), but at the highest detail level, it is possible to see something like pixels artefacts...

I suggest you to place some item (maybe series of +5 health or armor shards, but decide yourself) on the small ramps, to encourage players to use them (otherwise, peple will always simply jump down or use the teleporter).

Another thing: somebody can tell me why in this map I have big problems in rocketjumping to get on the small platforms? PS: there is still nothing over those platforms, why should one get there?

UPDATE: Tested with bots... it seems that bots never go to the upper level. Even if I steal their flag and stop myself in the middle of the ramp that goes up, waiting for them to chase me, they stop at the first meters of the ramp and shoot from there... it seems that they can't go further...
I think that low level is good for bots, cause bots walk no reason on the top level. On top bots are unsuitable.
seven
Half-Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2010, 09:35:41 AM »

i guess it's because the map is one large model?
Yes, it is. Only clips are made in Gtkradiant.The rest is made in Blender.(ASE format)
seven
Half-Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2010, 09:39:58 AM »

at the moment too many bugs to a new post but...
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/25186750/wyspa.pk3
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 04:33:10 PM by seven » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: