Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: New CTF maps  (Read 98855 times)
Moixie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« on: October 17, 2010, 07:15:13 AM »

in first, I write because no one read the other post I made  Cry

so, since the last tim I made some new CTF maps or new CTF maps version:

The totally new mxctf1:
http://dl-tm.at.ua/load/0-0-0-9-20

I made a next version to the colloseum:
http://dl-tm.at.ua/load/0-0-0-1-20

mx1ctf5, no comments...:
http://dl-tm.at.ua/load/0-0-0-8-20

and the volcano, new since 1 week:
http://dl-tm.at.ua/load/0-0-0-12-20

I added some screens of these 4 ctfs there are under "GPL License" thing, it would be cool if you could add it to the next Oa version.... ^^'
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 07:30:45 AM »

Well, I think we've read it.. and I played mxdm1 yesterday again.

For commiting, post them into the SVN Commits thread.

I checked the pk3s and they contains two additional textures, base_door/metaldoor.jpg and base_light\jaildr1_4.JPG.  Well, the sources of these two textures should be also included for the GPL license.

Of course I'll playtest.

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
Moixie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 07:39:21 AM »

About mxdm1, I have finished the next version but it doesnt rock as much as I thought,
the sky ruins the black/white theme =/

you can download it here:
http://dl-tm.at.ua/load/0-0-0-10-20

hm, how to post them into the "SVN Commits Thread"? or where should I post them?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 07:56:09 AM by Moixie » Logged
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 08:15:04 AM »

Well, IMO the Volcano needs some work. If I see correctly, the walls are plain. But I'm not very sure, because Sergei's kamikaze attacks blocked me to see those walls fully. (Hell, I've felt I'm in a middle of a firework.) I did not even tried to get through the map.

BTW, Proxmine is unusable in non-team games.

The other three are nice, I like them, maybe try to remove the flag in DM from Colosseum. Also, it'd be better if you could cut out the UI messages from the loadscreens.

Also I saw that Kyonshi numerously went to a wall with her head on ctf5 and she stopped there... it needs some kind of optimization. Maybe forcesidesvisible at aas compiling is enough.

Oh, and to your question: http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=1945.0

UPDATE: And I think dm1 is good as-is... I didn't feel it too q3dm6ishish.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 08:26:32 AM by Graion Dilach » Logged

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 09:31:58 AM »

SVN commit thread is here: http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=1945.150

You just have to post in it, with the links of your maps (I see sources are included in the pk3 so that's good).

Todo: Walk the cat.
Pain
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 10:43:06 AM »

lava mappy map looks good. I love falling into äh taking a bath in lava. too bad it won't work for insta ... wide and open area.

mx1 reminds me of ... one level from JB:GE64  Cheesy

Instantgib is serious business ... I guess.
WingedPanther

Cakes 4

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 12:55:01 PM »

These are very fun maps.  Thanks a lot for making them.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
Moixie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 01:03:19 PM »

okok, I will fix maps.
I will change their name (Mx3CTF2 isnt really classy...) and changing the "logon message" too (if you have some ideas, tell me Smiley )

hm, Pain? sorry if Im stupid, but whats "JB:GE64"?

I will not put my maps directly on the comit thread, I wanna be sure that all is perfect, its my first time ! xDD (I feel like a... no, I wont say it x) )

ps: thx winged panther, we wrote it in the same time, I had to write this once more ! x)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 03:53:12 AM by Moixie » Logged
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2010, 02:21:56 PM »

Well, other people uses similar namings. Look at Pulchr's mapnames [pul_(mainmode)(number)(version)] or Neon Knight's/Armageddon Man's [am_(mapname)].

If you mean the long map name as logon screen... well, I can't help. I didn't care about that and it's your job to name your map.

Pain
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 08:39:08 AM »

hm, Pain? sorry if Im stupid, but whats "JB:GE64"?

James bond golden eye 64 Smiley

Instantgib is serious business ... I guess.
Moixie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 12:11:10 PM »

I ve fix some details in mx1ctf5, mx3ctf2 and mx2ctf1
there arnt any bots problem in the n°5, the flags dont appaer anymor ein the colloseum and some mistakes have been fixed

you can download these 3 ctf maps there:  http://dl-tm.at.ua/load/0-0-0-13-20

I didnt work on the Volcano because I think it needs much more work and it ll be better with news version whereas others CTF have already been update in the past ( look at the firsts and the lasts, there are surprises.. x) )

about names... I hate calling things, the most of the time, when I have to call something, I call it Bob but in this case... I dont think it ll be a nice Idea x)
give me Ideas !!!
I didnt put any screenshot on maps, are there some obligations in the screen or what are every things forbidden if there are ?
Nevermind, Im working on...
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 12:38:20 PM »

Why don't you go for the obvious route? mxdm1, mxdm2, mxctf1... Tongue

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010, 04:11:25 PM »

I suggest adding a new shader named after the map, not expanding oalite. It could give you some problems. For example, currently your new shader won't load in, because pak0.pk3 is loaded later and it overwrites your version.

Otherwise, great update. ctf2 has a misnaming in the arena script, but that doesn't stop me from try and enjoy it. I feel Colosseum (this could be a long name) a good DM map.

Moixie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2010, 11:23:35 AM »

I ve tried to improve the maps a litlle more but I didnt do so much things.. =/

--> I ve done a new shader named "mx"
--> added some target_locations to mxctf2, we see where are every members of a team with the "team overlay" now Smiley
--> made screenshots, added my name with Paint =)
--> found logon messages for maps ! The Colosseum, and others are suprises...
--> the Megahealth is higher on the Colloseum because we couldnt take it easily on straffing
--> added lights in mxctf5 and in the collseum
--> added a ceil to mxctf1's base, it felt too open before
--> added:a plasma, a Y armor and machinegun's ammos in a litlle room created at the begginning of the RA corridor of mxctf5
--> added more details in the high mxctf1 corridor

thats the only things I made... if you find some mistakes, tell me ! I wanna fix something ! x)
I ll send a new pak3 with these 3 maps in some days, I hope
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 02:54:42 AM by Moixie » Logged
St0n3*r
Half-Nub

Cakes 6

Welcome in the ★revolution world :P

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2010, 07:15:57 PM »

Look nice Wink
Will test that soon Smiley
It's uploaded on your server? (else i will download to try it on mine ^^ but.. i'm lazy you know Tongue)

Thanks a lot!
After test i come back with LOT complains  Evil Evil Evil lool

Moixie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2010, 11:04:24 AM »

Hello !
Sry, I didnt touch to the computer since the last week.. I was in Italia, at Roma Smiley
I visited the real colloseum and ruins around it, and I can say... that my version needs much work x)

Mx3ctf2, Mx2ctf1 and Mx1ctf5 are on the -dL-server, lastest version arnt in Smiley

then, I will work on these versions, new versions should be upload in some days

by the way, Im working on a dM map... I think you ll like, but ATM I ve some problems with proportions...
Someone_mad
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

Painted nails and long haired... I'm not a witch!

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2010, 11:35:00 AM »

The volcano is just sooo f'cken disturbing...! ^^
             ±END¤CONNEXION±

Moixie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2010, 11:46:00 AM »

The volcano is just sooo f'cken disturbing...! ^^

thats why i love it too Smiley
we use to play it usually on the -dL-Server, these parts are so... there are no words to describe it  x)
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2010, 02:44:37 PM »

Tried...
Nice maps!  Smiley

Rememer to add support for the additional gametypes!  Smiley

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Moixie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2010, 03:16:04 AM »

hm, I tried to but I dont really know what to do for Harvester, for the moment I made it:

--> added 2 Obelisk on the 3 ctfs
--> added a whithe flag on the midlle of eaches ctfs
--> changed the colloseum's floor

by the way, for .arena files, what are Harvest/Overload and the One flag capture name??
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 05:01:16 AM by Moixie » Logged
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2010, 06:45:19 AM »

Take a look if there is something useful here:
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Mapping
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Mapping_information_for_special_gametypes
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Mapping_resources_%26_tutorials

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2010, 06:46:01 AM »

The only thing you need to do is to put the white flag in the middle of the map. The flags are turned into the skull generator and skull receptacles without the need to do anything else. Of course, be sure to check the white flag properties in order to make it to spawn only in One Flag CTF and Harvester. Otherwise, it would be visible in other gametypes as well.

EDIT: Oh, wait, Gig answered by me. Tongue

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Moixie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2010, 08:03:37 AM »

okok, I tried to do it on the colloseum: http://dl-tm.at.ua/load/0-0-0-14-20

tell me if it works or if I have forgotten something =)

and, what about the new screenshot ?? x)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 09:06:56 AM by Moixie » Logged
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2010, 11:16:04 AM »

Tested the new version.

- One Flag CTF: seems to work perfectly (ultra-rapid captures!  Smiley)
- Overload: works, but the bots team-mate of yours shoot at you. I read something about this once, here around, but now I can't find the post... someone told that it was a bug from Team Arena, and was related with the alignment of the obelisk (that had to be perfecly aligned with the ground or something similar)... someone finds that post? UPDATE: Found, this thread (but maybe there is also another one: this one does not mention Team Arena... or simply I remember wrong).
- Harvester: There aren't the blue and the red flags, so it is unusable.
- Double Domination: There aren't the double domination points (I think they should be simply the red and blue flag), so it is unusable
- Domination: There aren't the domination points, so it is unusable. You may place one in the central square (I don't know it there is an English word for a rounded square) and two in the place of the flags... or one in the central square and two in the lateral rooms (those with the armors)... or even four points: two in the place of the flags and two in the lateral rooms (technically, you can place up to 6 domination points).

Is it possible that having some of such gametype-related object "share" the central place with the quad may give some problem? (Just a question). Maybe, when playing is these gametypes, should the quad be placed elsewere?

Neon Knight... it would be great if you could update the help pages linked above with the needed info for the One Flag CTF, Harvester and Overload gametypes...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 12:26:47 PM by Gig » Logged

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2010, 12:06:02 PM »

I thought I did that long ago... I hope nobody deleted that info out of malice.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: