Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with q3map2 and a model  (Read 6870 times)
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« on: November 26, 2011, 07:40:18 AM »

By lei/FH's request, I'm replacing oasago2's torches by low-poly ones. But I'm having a problem.

The models don't appear in the map! I suspect the problem is related to q3map2. Here're the switches I use:

Code:
q3map2.x86 -fs_basepath "/usr/lib/games/openarena" -fs_game "baseoa" -game "oa" -flares -meta -patchmeta -v -verboseentities <mapname>.map
q3map2.x86 -fs_basepath "/usr/lib/games/openarena" -fs_game "baseoa" -game "oa" -vis -v <mapname>.map
q3map2.x86 -fs_basepath "/usr/lib/games/openarena" -fs_game "baseoa" -game "oa" -light -dark -fast -filter -patchshadows -gamma 1.5 -v <mapname>.map
bspc -bsp2aas <mapname>.bsp -forcesidesvisible -optimize

I'm attaching the map itself.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
PigCell
Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 10:34:30 AM »

Did you try a regular compile? It works for me, even though every single decal throws a 'degenerate plane' warning. I'm using the regular GTK radiant with q3map2, btw.

Double-check for .pk3 order, sv_pure 0 for non-pk3 map versions, etc. , no idea...
andrewj

Cakes 24

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 09:57:33 PM »

Check output of q3map2 for a message like "cannot find model xxx" or "missing model file xxx".

Your fs_basepath is a bit weird, it is /usr/lib/games which is where Ubuntu (or whatever) installs the open arena paks, and that area is usually write-protected from normal users.

What you probably should do is create a local copy in your home folder (e.g. /home/neonknight/openarena-0.8.Cool and then you can create new folders in there and place the model file in there too.
grey matter

Cakes 8

>9k

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 07:00:32 AM »

Do you use a special version of q3map2 which knowns about "oa" vfs paths? Otherwise it should behave as if you passed "-game quake3".
If it has support for OA, it'd be fine to use a write-protected fs_basepath, as q3map2 would know about ~/.openarena/ as well (and no need to pass basegame "baseoa" either).

This space is for rent.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 07:22:55 AM »

The VFS paths of the q3map2 I've compiled are these:

$HOME/.q3a/baseoa/
/usr/lib/games/openarena/baseoa/
$HOME/.q3a/baseq3/
/usr/lib/games/openarena/baseq3/

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: