Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: New CTF maps  (Read 99272 times)
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2010, 12:23:19 PM »

I don't notice edits that "shrinked" the size of the two pages in their chronologies:
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/index.php?title=Mapping_information_for_special_gametypes&action=history
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/index.php?title=Mapping&action=history
Maybe you wrote in another page?

PS: We should also write the names of the entities of the runes DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Mapping_information_for_special_gametypes#Runes]here (I don't know them).

PPS: To do a better thing, we should also create a page with the list of all the possible entities... but again, I don't know them!

PPPS: Are DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/index.php?title=Mapping_information_for_special_gametypes&diff=7638&oldid=6735]these suggestions I wrote correct? In particular, about the size of LMS maps...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 05:33:06 PM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Moixie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2010, 10:21:45 AM »

hm, I ve made it again
"double dom" and "dom" work nicely, other are right too
I removed the megahealth and the 2 armors on "Dom" and only the mega on "one flag capture"

about Harvester, I dont understand what is it and how to play it x)
I put it in the .arena and there are blue and red flags now, but I dont understand  Undecided

you can download the new test version here: http://dl-tm.at.ua/load/0-0-0-14-20
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2010, 10:47:11 AM »

In Harvester, after every frag, a skull spawns in the middle of the map, perhaps at whiteflag.

To earn points for the team, you must capture those skulls by carrying them to the flag.

And of course I like you work.

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2010, 04:29:09 PM »

about Harvester, I dont understand what is it and how to play it x)

(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Gamemodes#Harvester

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2010, 04:46:03 PM »

Although in Colosseum, Harvester doesn't works.

The skulls aren't spawns and the skull-bases aren't visible.

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2010, 05:28:31 PM »

Tested.
- Domination and Double Domination work perfectly!  Grin
- In Overload mode, your teammate bots continue to shoot at you! Did you check the alignment of the flag, as suggested in the thread I linked (Sago said that the origin of the obelisk had to touch the floor)? Maybe you may take a look to the .map file (that should be available in the SVN) of a map where Overload mode works correcly, like PS27CTF or OA_REPTCTF11.
- Harvester mode does not work. The flags spawn as flags and disappear when someone touches them. Even the CTF_GATE1 map, that in the menu is listed as Harvester-compatible, does not work correctly: the skulls appear (even if no model for the skull generator is shown), but there are no skull receptacles, so you cannot score! That map should be fixed before the next version of OpenArena!
Maybe the Harvester points aren't simply flags... maybe oneone could take a look to the .map file of OA_REPTCTF11 (where the Harvester mode works correcly: the skull generator and the skull receptacles are shown, and work) to figure out what is the correct way to configure the map for this gametype.

Hey.. I found this link about the entities used in Team Arena maps... take a look!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 08:44:39 AM by Gig » Logged

Someone_mad
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

Painted nails and long haired... I'm not a witch!

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2010, 02:29:49 PM »

Hey moixie...!
I've posted yo maps on a french forum...!
http://openarena.forumactif.com/maps-f8/maps-en-vracs-t60.htm
Hope you agree...!
                   ±END¤CONNEXION±

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2010, 05:40:46 PM »

I hope you said they are still betas... and that they should check this thread for new versions...

Someone_mad
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2010, 06:45:33 PM »

I've put the mention 'work in progress' but in french ^^
Don't worry, I'm not here to steal the project, I really like open arena and its community.
I just want that the french people can use, test and comment the work (not everybody can talk english).
And anyway, I will have a look to the final version, I'm impatient ^^.
              ±END¤CONNEXION±

chaoticsoldier

Cakes 18

This space intentionally left blank.

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2010, 02:42:03 AM »

I agree with Gig.
By the way, what game does the main image on that site come from? It sure doesn't look like OpenArena  Huh

0101100101101111011101010010011101110110011001010010000001101010011101010111001101110100001000000111011101100001011100110111010001100101011001000010000001111001011011110111010101110010001000000111010001101001011011010110010100101110
Someone_mad
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2010, 07:57:46 AM »

I agree with Gig.
By the way, what game does the main image on that site come from? It sure doesn't look like OpenArena  Huh
That's true, I'm not the king of the admins then I haven't the choice ^^, but I will ask Eleckflamme...!
News soon.
(try change it)
         ±END¤CONNEXION±

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2010, 09:02:19 AM »

Returning to talk about the map... I played a bit it in Domination mode, and found it very funny! Try it!
Since the domination points are placed differently from the flags, I'd suggest to place some other item (the armor?) in the place where there are the flags in the other gametypes.

Remember to show the Colloseum map in the menu for Domination mode.

P.S.:I didn't test yet, but I suppose that this map may be funny also in FFA and Tournament modes (and maybe also TDM)...

Moixie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2010, 09:43:44 AM »

about the map, we usually play the colloseum on FFA or in TDm, it rox Wink (but we prefer mxctf5 for the tournament... xd)

then, I ll have to place again infos_player_deathmatch because in Domination or in FFa, we appear in bases and it isnt really interressant(especially for double domination, its impossible to capture =/) , same for others ctfs....

hm, others CTFs apparently work on additionnal g_gametypes, I think you ll can download a new pack in some days.

Since the domination points are placed differently from the flags, I'd suggest to place some other item (the armor?) in the place where there are the flags in the other gametypes

Good idea, I ll try to find something for diferent gametype, like a red armor for Domination or another weapon for FFA or TDM...
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 11:08:46 AM by Moixie » Logged
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2010, 12:07:00 PM »

About this page about mapping for Team Arena game modes, I noticed that they say, for Capture the Flag and One Flag Capture modes:
Place a team_CTF_blueflag in the blue base.
Place a team_blueobelisk in the blue base where the goal should be. Give it a facing angle. This forms the flag base. Do not mark any gametype.
Questions:
1) Is that "team_blueobelisk" placed there only for its graphical look, or it has some practical utility even outside the "harvester" and "overload" modes?
I took a look to my TeamArena Demo... When playing in CTF mode, there is a "thing" on the ground that emits a colored "light" (under the two flags); when playing in Harvester mode, there is no flag and the "thing" that emits light looks different and its light beam is longer; when playing in Overload mode, there is simply the obelisk, starting from the ground, no light. I'd like to know if they created the map with different items on the ground, depending from the gametype, or it is the engine that automatically chooses a different 3D model for the "team_blueobelisk" (and red, of course) depending from the current gametype. Someone knows the answer?
The TA demo contains only a map, thus I'm not sure if in other maps there is something different under the flags, but I suppose not.
2) What do they mean with that "Give it a facing angle" sentence?
3) Why did they wrote that "Do not mark any gametype" sentence? Is it because they wanted some kind of "base" shown in every gametype? Did they not plan to have a CTF map played in FFA, TDM or Tournament mode?

I'm asking these questions, since I don't know when Neon_Knight will update the page on our Wiki... now that I found that link, I may start writing by myself (even if I'm not a mapper), but I'd like to understand the things first!
I suppose that, about that "team_blueobelisk" item in CTF and One Flag Capture mode, we may write something like
"You can place a team_blueobelisk in the blue base, where the flag is, to place a "base" under it; this to point out where is the flag should be when it's not there. You can omit it if you use something else (like a colored texture on the ground) to point out the flag position. You can let it be shown in all the gametypes, or use the "gametype" key to manually select the gametypes (remember that the obelisks are much more important in Harvester and Overload modes, where they are needed).
Do you think it is correct?

Moixie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2010, 01:55:49 PM »

hm, I can repond to your question ! (thats strange punched)

1) "Blue team Obelisk. Used for Overload and Harvester game types. Facing needs to be set."
(entitie's description of the blue_team obelisk in NetRadiant)
its the same for the 2 gametypes so "it is the engine that automatically chooses a different 3D model for the team_blueobelisk (and red, of course depending from the current gametype".

2) I don't really know, I think its where it looks when the map starts
I don't think it can help but:
"angle : an angle facing needs to be set for this entity. This item has a specific facing."
(From NetRadiant too)

by the way, I didnt take care of it in the Colloseum and the neutral_flag which has the same thing worked,
I dont think its so important...

3)

-------- NOTES --------
Do not assign a gametype to this item. It is used in all four team game types. the The game will call for it as needed.
(writen in the entity description of NetRadiant)

its just because it doesn't need to...

it looks like an exam copy, I hope you won't note me.. =/

then, I ve finished every embarassing work of the 3 maps, I start placing infos (a long work really interressant..) and, do you think I should put a neutral_flag in mxctf5? one flag capture would be so... x)

ps: I tested in every gametypes, it worked =)

« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 04:09:31 PM by Moixie » Logged
Moixie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2010, 06:03:35 AM »

I ve finished !

you can download it here: http://dl-tm.at.ua/load/0-0-0-15-20

by the way, let me put some screens =)

ps: sorry for the double post.. it wasnt polite =/
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2010, 03:30:17 PM »

In the v4 of the colloseum, the central domination point misterously disappeared. The HUD shows three letters (A, ccool C), but I can find only two domination points.

And in Overload mode, the bots team-mates of yours continue to shoot at you (try set g_friendlyfire 1 to have further confirm).

One flag CTF, Harvester and Double Domination seem to work correctly.  Smiley

-----------
mx1ctf5_t2:
Good, but in Overload mode your team-mate bots shoot at you.
I suggest to place something in the place of the flags in the gametypes where the the obelisks or domination points have been placed elsewhere...
-------------
mx2ctf2_t2:
Very good, it seems to work in One Flag Capture, Overload, Harvester, Double Domination and Domination.
Yes, there in Domination your bots team-mates do not shoot at you!!!  Smiley
In domination mode, only two flags? Okay, but what about using significative names, like "upper" and "lower"? Now both of them are called "A"...
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 04:15:09 PM by Gig » Logged

Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2010, 04:19:53 PM »

And in Overload mode, the bots team-mates of yours continue to shoot at you (try set g_friendlyfire 1 to have further confirm).

If I recall correctly, this happens when the obelisk doesn't touch the ground properly.

Moixie, why do you have single, ffa and tournament gametypes defined in your arena files for the CTF maps?

http://udionline.hu/en/projektek/openarena/
Todo list: 1. q3dm17 textures replacement (95% done)
Moixie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2010, 01:55:14 AM »

If I recall correctly, this happens when the obelisk doesn't touch the ground properly.

apparently yes =/
I just tested it on mxctf5 and yes.. they don't attack me anymore Cry (I thought they touched the floor but there were some units upper, I didnt think they hsould be "buried" in the floor, then if we use: Suspended? can it solve the problem? or will they still attack us? ( we cant suspend them xd)

In domination mode, only two flags? Okay, but what about using significative names, like "upper" and "lower"? Now both of them are called "A"...

I wasnt very inspired punched
then, I like these places because with the grid which is on the 2nd floor we can see the 2 flags from the same place but we played it yersteday and bases arnt really used... I ll maybe put 2 others flag on the blue and on the red base.

Moixie, why do you have single, ffa and tournament gametypes defined in your arena files for the CTF maps?

as strange as a cat in a niche, my maps ( and especially the colloseum and ctf5) are better on FFA than in CTF ! xDD

the central domination point misterously disappeared

hm, strange
hm, I have removed it and put another one but it still doesnt work oO
3 minutes later: I put it upper, and I suspended it, it works but the flag touches the floor oO

mx2ctf2_t2

are you talking about mx2ctf1_t2? x)

then, the pak3 is comming once more...
this time I made:
---> the colloseum domination problem, fixed
---> overload's problems, fixed
---> mx2ctf1, still 2 flags but named upper and lower =)
---> mx2ctf1, obelisks removed on CTF Oo
---> mx2ctf1, new loadscreen, the last one didnt rock =/
---> mx1ctf5, at the obelisk place: when there isnt obelisks, a medkit
                            flags place: megahealth on FFa and tdm, medkit on harvester and overload
                            middle: haste on FFA or TDM (its gonna be gory !), mega on others
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 04:44:21 AM by Moixie » Logged
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2010, 06:31:15 AM »

The thing in the obelisk which should hit the floor is the origin point, not the model per se.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Moixie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2010, 06:50:59 AM »

hm?
the origin? what does it mean?
then, I dont know how so but overload apparently works on the colloseum and mxctf5
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2010, 06:53:31 AM »

I repeat, I'm not a mapper, but I suppose the "origin" should simply be the X,Y,Z coordinates you specify when placing an item...
These coordinates should touch the ground, when placing the obelisk...

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2010, 07:39:00 AM »

I repeat, I'm not a mapper, but I suppose the "origin" should simply be the X,Y,Z coordinates you specify when placing an item...
These coordinates should touch the ground, when placing the obelisk...
In fact, it is.

Do you see the green-blue-red lines when you select an entity and zoom it? That's the origin.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Moixie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2010, 09:13:34 AM »

Are you sure of this?
because... look at pictures x)

The 1rst is the colloseum before.
we can see that the origin doesnt touch the floor and the obelisk model is buried in the floor but bots attack us.. Cry

in the 2nd, it works
we can see that the origin doesnt touch the floor too , the obelisk is buried too in the floor (maybe less) but bots dont attack us. oO

I dont really understand where its diferent =/
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 09:39:10 AM by Moixie » Logged
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2010, 10:30:49 AM »

I don't see in any of the cases that the origin point (the red-green lines) are touching the floor. It doesn't matter if the model is sunk or not, as it's just the visuals (and in 0.8.5 it was fixed, AFAIK)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: