Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: New CTF maps  (Read 98841 times)
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2011, 06:29:49 AM »

For some minutes I felt like in a swimming pool when playing the map, only chlorine odor and swimsuit miss. Arbitrary perception, your map doesn't look like a swimming pool.
Smiley

Todo: Walk the cat.
Someone_mad
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

Painted nails and long haired... I'm not a witch!

« Reply #101 on: January 17, 2011, 06:56:12 AM »

huhu, I'm faster than you bod'...! ^^
       ±END¤CONNEXION±

Moixie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #102 on: January 22, 2011, 07:38:46 AM »

hmmm, the q3dm6ish remake's new version needs some more lights... it feels flat, boring..  Undecided

I found some mistakes on the 3 ctfs (the colloseum, Sweet Brutality and the other that needs another name.. but I am on !) and I fixed them, I dont think I am able to do great changements unless changing all the gameplay on maps, I can maybe change the stairs corridor of mxctf1.. other feels complete to me.. Undecided
I have already fixed every mistake I found on NetRadiant, I don't send 3 news versions now because changements are not so important and I don't think its so interressant... Can I release them 3 now ?  Roll Eyes

ps: Cacatoes, its a shame we cant add odors to maps Cry
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #103 on: January 22, 2011, 08:37:45 AM »

Well, the textures don't help that much to the lightning. Maybe the different levels should have different textures? That should be a starting point.

The size of the map is another problem, (there're many small areas for Q3/OA gameplay standards) but I don't know how much you can do there, aside of rebuilding it.

BTW, you should consider doing a CTF version of that recreation as well. I've tried it once when I've retexturized q3dm6ish, and it worked very well.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #104 on: March 09, 2011, 03:34:09 PM »

Any news of these maps?

BTW, read your Personal Messages.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Moixie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #105 on: April 06, 2011, 11:49:09 AM »

no news of these maps =/

I read your mp, I will try to see what I can do there.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 01:50:34 PM by Moixie » Logged
Moixie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #106 on: July 15, 2011, 11:45:57 AM »

download: http://dl-tm.at.ua/load/0-0-0-27-20

the map is a q3dm6ish remix with more ways, teleporters, other textures, other weapons,... I fixed some problems and changed the lights, it looks much better than the last version.
I wanted to tell more about the map but I don't know how... if someone has ideas...

The copying file and the .map are in the .pk3.
adriano

Cakes 4

« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2011, 12:27:01 PM »

wow, it looks very much better than the last version. Well done.
Just one thing: The texture of the little blue lights is missing.
Moixie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2011, 02:05:01 PM »

many new blue lights have been added with the 0.8.5, you are maybe still in 0.8.1...
I didn't add blue lights to the map, I only used ones I could use.
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2011, 02:18:13 PM »

hello moixie!

i've played a quick test against bots and here are some ideas i got while playing:

* all bots fight in the same area all the time (the narrow corridor). they don't traverse most parts of the map which is a shame. if you want to change this you might want to add some clusterportals and see if that works. you could also try and see if adding "item_botroam" to some of the unused areas of the map will change how the bots move around.

* the bots doesn't seem to be able to use the jumppad that goes from the bottom to the top floor, near a yellow armour. instead they teleport and then runs quite a long way to get to the player position. (set the gametype to team deathmatch. add one bot and tell him to follow you - then use the jumppad to see if he follows you around.)

* i would've liked to see at least the teleporters and jumppads in a different colour. sometimes it's hard to see the difference between a teleporter or a glass section in the wall. jumppads looking like pools of water are imo also a bit strange and if the colour was different they would be easier to spot.

* even though the bots can take the MH (i've tested) they fail pretty often - you might want to add a botclip of just a few units on both sides of the jump and see if they get better at it, i think it would be better.

* this doesn't affect gameplay but i would add some more space between the +5 health bubbles - they look a bit too tightly positioned (imo).

* spelling of the location "1rst floor"

* location near the shotgun on the first floor shows as "2nd floor" even though there's a location name called shotgun? maybe the location has gotten the wrong position? (this is not very important...)

* many of the spawns (yes, there are many and i like that!) are a bit uncomfortably angled when the player spawns. personally i prefer spawns that are placed either with a wall behind me or with a non-action area behind me. i hate when i spawn and die before i even can see who shot me. i also dislike spawns in doorways since it often blocks players that run around. and the viewangle upon spawns should imo also be directed towards the direction that the player is most interested in (action areas, pickups, teleporter exits etc).

here are some comments about the spawns:
* one spawn is on top of a RL, i would move this closer to the wall and change the angle towards the RL.
* RA spawn - move to the corner and change angle towards the RA.
* 2nd floor spawn near GL - change view so more of the doors are seen upon spawn.
* YA spawn - change angle so the YA is seen immediately (if it has spawned).
* spawn near RL & GL - change view so that the big room is seen in the view.
* one of the spawns at the bottom floor is directed towards the jumppad but if i spawn there i would like to see the shotgun instead.
* there's a spawn in the middle of the doorway between the shotgun and the RA - move this one to the wall and change the view?
* the spawn near the RG seem to be placed on top of the teleporter exit? move it sideways and change the view to show the RG, room and teleporter exit.

i think this map can get pretty fun and it should replace the old version of q3dm6 that was in openarena. the added parts are interesting and works pretty good. i look forward to the next version Wink
adriano

Cakes 4

« Reply #110 on: July 16, 2011, 09:25:22 AM »

many new blue lights have been added with the 0.8.5, you are maybe still in 0.8.1...
I didn't add blue lights to the map, I only used ones I could use.
Strange... I am on 0.8.5 but from the blue lights I only see the ceil_34_* .

I have a similar problem with my first map (where I need to continue): When I try to play the map offline I can see all textures (+ it is not so much bright), but when I e.g. try the map on a server then I can't see the the wallbot_BLUE-texture but the wallbot-texture (red) works.
Do you think I can fix this by putting the blue textures in the pk3 ?
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #111 on: July 16, 2011, 09:42:39 AM »

Actually, that sounds if an additional (pulchr or NK map) pk3 contains the used texture. And that causes the bug of missing texture, since most servers uses pure settings which means no additional map pk3.

Personally, I had no problem with the map, and I like it. The theme is definitely amazing.

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
Moixie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #112 on: July 16, 2011, 12:44:29 PM »

hello moixie!

Hello !

hello moixie!
* many of the spawns (yes, there are many and i like that!) are a bit uncomfortably angled when the player spawns. personally i prefer spawns that are placed either with a wall behind me or with a non-action area behind me. i hate when i spawn and die before i even can see who shot me. i also dislike spawns in doorways since it often blocks players that run around. and the viewangle upon spawns should imo also be directed towards the direction that the player is most interested in (action areas, pickups, teleporter exits etc).

I didn't change the first map version's spawns' placement. it was 1 or 2 years ago... I even don't remember if I didn't keep q3dm6ish's spawns and just added some... I don't like and I guess nobody likes spawning in the midlle of a place, it can become really dangerous. Especially on TDM, I will try to remove some of them.

* all bots fight in the same area all the time (the narrow corridor). they don't traverse most parts of the map which is a shame. if you want to change this you might want to add some clusterportals and see if that works. you could also try and see if adding "item_botroam" to some of the unused areas of the map will change how the bots move around.

I never really looked after bots, I still considered that map were played with players, by players,... I use to play almost only with players, on servers. I will try to see how I would be able to adapt the map to them.

* i would've liked to see at least the teleporters and jumppads in a different colour. sometimes it's hard to see the difference between a teleporter or a glass section in the wall. jumppads looking like pools of water are imo also a bit strange and if the colour was different they would be easier to spot.

all the ambiance theme is based on the pale blue color. I don't know how I would change the jump pads' or the teleporters' shape without changing everything around... but I will try.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #113 on: July 16, 2011, 01:16:42 PM »

Are you going to do a CTF version of your q3dm6ish remix? It would be really awesome.

VortexHU
Lesser Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #114 on: July 16, 2011, 02:43:30 PM »

all the ambiance theme is based on the pale blue color. I don't know how I would change the jump pads' or the teleporters' shape without changing everything around... but I will try.

you can try little bits of contrasting color, e.g., on the jump pads. try http://colorschemedesigner.com/. with the color of the lights, 64ffff, the complementary color given is ffaa64. others might have better color suggestions.

— VortexHU —
Moixie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #115 on: July 23, 2011, 12:00:07 PM »

Are you going to do a CTF version of your q3dm6ish remix? It would be really awesome.

Maybe, I don't see exactly how it'd look like.... but later, I guess there are still things to fix in the dm version

you can try little bits of contrasting color, e.g., on the jump pads. try http://colorschemedesigner.com/. with the color of the lights, 64ffff, the complementary color given is ffaa64. others might have better color suggestions.

grrr... nap !!! Cry
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 08:55:07 AM by Moixie » Logged
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #116 on: November 06, 2011, 05:10:58 AM »

What happened then with these maps from Moixie? Have them been completed? Are they ready to be committed?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Moixie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #117 on: November 27, 2011, 05:22:57 PM »

Here I am !!!
(that was so unnecessary !)

What happened then with these maps from Moixie? Have them been completed? Are they ready to be committed?

they were kidnapped and sequestered in a litlle room deep in the computer's memory for almost a year. But the brave Moixie found them and saved them from an undoubtful death ! Now they are happy and will have many children.

Anyway, here are the last version: http://dl-tm.at.ua/load/0-0-0-30-20

Well, there are only minor changes. Some litlle mistakes are fixed and maps are now adapted to almost all gametypes. The biggest change is surely the screenshots choice. Players thought it couldn't be worse, I proved it could !
Bah, however, globally it's still better than the lasts one. I think we can call that an improvement.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #118 on: November 27, 2011, 05:26:17 PM »

Moixie, you're forgetting something if you want to include your maps into OA.

Post them in the SVN Commits thread, at the Development subforum.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: