Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Open Arena Player Google Map  (Read 14514 times)
skyknight
Nub

Cakes 1

« on: October 28, 2010, 05:35:32 AM »

Dear friends, I invite everyone to participate in this initiative. The Players OpenArena Map. I created a google map where everyone can enter and place his placeholder. Obviously it is not asked to enter sensitive information of where we live. Simply enter in the vicinity or in the country that you came from and set on the title own most used nickname and the others in the comment form. I hope that this initiative will help create new friendships while traveling.
You can find the link at map from the OpenArena Italian Community Home Page.
 Byeee
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 08:21:53 AM »

I'd like to... but I'm not familiar with Google Map nor can't speak Italian.

A bit of help would be acknowledged.

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
St0n3*r
Half-Nub

Cakes 6

Welcome in the ★revolution world :P

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 08:37:37 AM »

Agree  Embarrassed
I succeeded to add my "dots" but no way to understand how to set it's the little St0n3r there ^^
You should have that in english, and also have a tutorial Wink
Nice idea anyways.

PS : i'm the dots in belgium, liege called "Chemin des Trefles" if you wanna edit it Smiley

==> fun idea Cheesy

EDIT : I think you should add event like : supeR, lan on Wink so people can at same time check the travel they need to make
(and why not see if they can take someone in car by the same way Tongue)

Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 11:21:54 AM »

If you edit the URL of the map and replace the part "hl=it" (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=it...) with your countries tld, you should get the right language Wink
Anyway: you need a google account to sign up - sorry guys, i have no account...
Hitchhiker

Cakes 11

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 11:44:42 AM »

I'm on the map too

just a hint, took me some time to find it.. you need to double-click the little flag on the map to get the 'Edit' options..
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 12:04:18 PM »

The direct link (in ENGLISH instead of italian):
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&vps=1&jsv=289a&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=114105194740774540006.000493aaadff6210fec9a

edit: Oh Peter already posted, sry Tongue

edit2: ok I really can't find to get on, also no "little flag on the map" or anything.
skyknight
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 04:16:02 PM »

Hay men!

Sorry I have some problem with the need to prevent any evil intent to alter or destroy the placemarks on the map. So I had to stop until I find the solution.
Regarding how to enter the tags, when I reset the map, it is very simple:
1) Create a Google Account and login
2) Click on the link above (in English)
3) Add map in "my maps"
4) click on EDIT
5) The map will appear and drag the button to create the placemark
6) Enter your nickname on the title and then what you want in the message body (the other nickname you're using)
7) Save

I also ask you not to place your real address. Replace it with something "nice" to see your country.

If I should not be able to resolve the security problem I will try to ask the cooperation of at least one official member to the clan or nation to guide, to the insertion of placeholder, the other members of the community.
I think this idea will have a positive outcome for all and encourage the person to know (for travelers) and perhaps help to recruit more Players for the LAN party.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 04:18:59 PM by skyknight » Logged
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 12:31:34 AM »

I lost you at 3.
"insert a map" *huh what.. well i'll look..* *insert map insert map* Can't find? Only save to my maps or whatever which maybe can be inserted then? But after saving the map I don't get any insert options or whatever.
"of their favorite", favorites? Can't find it either, before and after saving to my maps (whatever that is anyway).

Modify (#4) also not there, the only thing close to it is when I click someone elses' place it lists a disabled option for editing.

Am I disabled or something? Tongue
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2010, 06:04:48 AM »

Probably the editing is disabled at the moment (he said that he has to find a solution to avoid vandalisms, and that he "stopped" it in the meanwhile)...

Anyway, that point #3 is not clear...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2010, 11:04:30 AM »

Quote from: That map's English version
Service temporarily suspended until nov-01-10, ask the administrators
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I know, I know, I know! Cheesy

Also, the satellite image is a bit outdated. It's 2 years old. Cheesy

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2010, 01:48:09 PM »

What about OpenStreetMap ?
I don't use mapping websites much.
OSM's advantage would be to allow us to legally copy the map images into our/any website without watermarks, and of course it is good to encourage its use.

Todo: Walk the cat.
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2010, 02:07:41 PM »

What about OpenStreetMap ?

+1!
Realy great idea.
any ideas to do it there?
skyknight
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2010, 04:28:13 PM »

I opened the map. I have not found a solution to vandalism except by placing the map with a private profile. So anyone taking part can change a bit 'all.
Once again I leave the responsibility for the project to the community.

Gooooood Game!
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2010, 09:17:29 AM »

Lol yeah now I don't need any guide, very easy. Maybe next time tell immediadly when you disable it, then I don't have to search and search without finding Wink

(btw I'm at the south of the Netherlands).
skyknight
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2010, 08:26:41 AM »

I'm sorry but you know,  site administrator community, forum, web programming, preparation of the final exam for my degree in physical therapy, should be understood that instant communication is slow  Grin

However, I try many times to setup a guide but someone erase or modify It with other comment. Sad
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: