Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: online right now...  (Read 10525 times)
abused
Nub

Cakes -17

« on: October 30, 2010, 06:51:21 PM »

just found this server called "K1TTY.TK #1 - 0.8.5"

it has nice server settings, all weapons, rj etc..

edit: thanks to JC Dalton and Fritz for gg =)

« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 05:32:23 PM by abused » Logged
abused
Nub

Cakes -17

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 06:44:39 AM »

what i mean with rj is no damage on self when rocketjumping (or when bfgjumping)  Wink

there also seems to be some higher speed and other gravity setting in this one..

anyways online again,,. ps join this seemz to be some kindof 1337-server punched

edit:

it was an even fight until "Jack Herer" disconnected.

i strongly recommend this server.. its fast and fun.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 08:09:02 AM by abused » Logged
abused
Nub

Cakes -17

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 05:31:34 PM »

in it again... some of those haters should take the chance and show me what they have.
for me its all about getting the max energy out of the q3-engine.. i respect powerplay.
u see it doesnt really matter who "wins".. its about what you can create together.
that is why i'll always disrespect those who play only for their score </drama>
when stronger i will always back down and pherhaps teach you some cmd.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 05:59:25 PM »

in it again... some of those haters should take the chance and show me what they have.
for me its all about getting the max energy out of the q3-engine.. i respect powerplay.
u see it doesnt really matter who "wins".. its about what you can create together.
that is why i'll always disrespect those who play only for their score </drama>
when stronger i will always back down and pherhaps teach you some cmd.

There're too much "Dan Hibiki"es and too few "Ryu"... yes... that's one of the three reasons of why I've stopped playing games online. (The other two: too much homophobic idiots -outside of OA, at least, I didn't saw that kind of attitude the times I've played OA online- and lack of time and will to play)

They aren't called Munchkins for nothing.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 06:38:14 PM by |TXC| Neon_Knight » Logged

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
abused
Nub

Cakes -17

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 06:14:36 PM »

ok.. noticed the street fighter-reference.. but dont know what you are trying to say with it..

during the time i've been online waiting one player connected.. "SILVER FOX     "

he coudnt strafe, rocketjump or kill me once.. but he could chat..

seconds before disconnecting he said something like this:

"lol man go to quake live and i'll kick your ass.."

havent playd it, using linux, is he right?

btw this server is my new home.

almost as good as excessive.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 07:25:21 PM »

Simply, IMHO a really good player should be like Ryu: it doesn't matter what's the match or where it's played, (s)he'll always play and win, with his playing doing the talk for him, like Ryu's punches and kicks and Hadoukens and Shoryukens and Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku do for him. However, there are also the Dan: they think they're the best and talk the talk, yet they suck outside of their comfort pool and can't walk the walk. They end as the joke.

BTW, I'm not a good player, and possibly I'll never be one, yet that isn't my main interest.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 08:17:26 PM by |TXC| Neon_Knight » Logged

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
abused
Nub

Cakes -17

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 08:04:51 PM »

you're already a "good player" if you realize the things you just mentioned.
it all comes down to what u want to get out of this game.. its a simulator.
after enough wins then u should start to seek other things to do with OA.
a true "gg" includes alot more than just frags.. seek and you shall find =)
i would like to go as far as to say that this game is more rpg than fps..
its like a super hacker explorer game with a rly leet combat engine..
of course thanks to open arena this now can go in any direction.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 08:59:16 PM »

I forgot the Adon as well, one of the mid ground. Unlike the Dan, the Adon is a good player, but (s)he's also also an extreme arrogant bastard with a childish attitude towards other players (insults them, trolls them, etc) who uses every kind of stuff (even dirty stuff, but not to the extent of using cheats, for example) just for the sake of winning.

This is the kind of player called the Munchkin, not the Dan. The Dan just has a "Small Name, Big Ego" case.

I've already found what's my place in OA: creating stuff for the game. Maps, for example.

abused
Nub

Cakes -17

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010, 11:13:21 PM »

too much homophobic idiots -outside of OA, at least..

story below took place during this evening of open arena gameplay:

joined a defrag server under alias "ninja turtle", and this whacko "Hades" instantly changes nick to "ninja pussy"... (wow, original twist) in a matter of seconds he is ranting gay-sexual-remarks on my behaf and even asking me for a "comeback".. "or else".. scary huh? =) this rant is nicely mixed with insults of the ordinary kind. but the interesting part here is of course the homofobia..

map changes to lick-longer by vote and i notice his player loads for a long time, implying he is auto-downloading the map.. when he joins i express how cute it is that he hasnt played this run before.. (fun to mess with someone who is so unbalanced) he then goes on to say "stfu until you've beaten me on a map".. so i go ahead and "safe-run" with the not so good time of 34secs, and after a minute or so he finishes on 37secs, heh.

i say "gr8" and now he wants to be friends.. gone are all the anti-gay movements of his mind. Hades has of course accepted his self demise in how he first acted up by trying to compromise a new player and at the same time having a good chance at the title of "mr gay reference 2010". so for me it was time to change nick back to "abused" and enjoy this quick "win" (well, it was for a while) as i sit back and spectate him instead of playing.

its all quiet now for a long time and i lay down a new personal record with 23.456 (yes rly(with tricks i just learned from the anti-gay-man himself!)) Hades eventually landed somewhere around 12 seconds i think, rly good time btw.. respect to Crotch who played trough the entire event without complaining even once about the constant gay-ranting and also getting the best time at 9 seconds...

it wasnt until i accidentaly pressed an old bind renaming me to "idclip" that i caused Hades to fall back into his old tracks, saying something like: "should have known it was you, fag", and disconnects.. i guess this player must be sum kind of super dope heterosexual straight master of his female-penetrating-penis.. but does he have to be so damn insecure about it and tell players off as gay before they even have time to join?

sum: even without homosexuals there would still exist alot of gay behaviour.

btw while previewing this i noticed forum changes word "damn" to "curse".

relieved to see all the other words used in this text are approved =)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: