Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLVED] Problems with NetRadiant: can't navigate and lack of textures  (Read 6609 times)
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« on: November 09, 2010, 08:03:18 AM »

Here I go again... -.-

I don't know if I just forgot how to navigate around the 'Rad or what, (it's been a long time since I've used a map editor) but I can't move in any of the views. :S
EDIT: I remembered how. It's just that any time I want to do that, Ubuntu screws up and restarts. -.-

Also, there're next to NO textures in the Texture navigator. I can't even use the ones which should come with the editor.

I'm using OA 0.8.5 from the Ubuntu 10.10 repos, and I've compiled NetRadiant from the official git repo.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 11:03:36 AM by |TXC| Neon_Knight » Logged

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 08:27:44 AM »

... your whole machine reboots ? Or is it simply netradiant which crashes ?

That's serious, if only radiant crashes you might run it from a terminal and paste the error message.
In the other case there might be an issue with the video display driver or something alike.

Todo: Walk the cat.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 08:30:39 AM »

The whole machine does.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 09:02:41 AM »

The whole machine does.

Uh Huh ... kernel panic ?

EDIT : try to check for Xorg logs and/or kernel messages logs of the previous session in /var/logs
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 11:03:21 AM »

No drama, I've managed to navigate in the 3DView, it's a bit unconfortable, compared with GTKR, but nonetheless.
Oh, and I've solved the texture problem as well, it was a wrong path set in the program itself.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: