Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: funny game last night...  (Read 46206 times)
abused
Nub

Cakes -17

« on: November 09, 2010, 06:41:26 PM »

after a couple of gg's i got banned from GoD All rockets again.. next stop is of course ROFL All rockets... now having some fun there without the infection of clan-mentality,, here enters my nemesis assrape.. he votes in oa_ctf4ish and starts to flagcamp so he can get that sweet x2 score for killing carrier. this is what he does for the rest of the game, nothing new, when someone steals he chases.

a vote passes taking us to the next map.. but before it loads up oa_ctf4ish reloads. huh?

after some changing back and forth between maps with the same result, it is clear:

assrape has such a fast load that he can re-vote back to what map he wants. he does this before anyone has time to spawn anywhere on the "new" map. thus a never ending game on the same map is created without consent. this is of course the very essence of assrape and i thank him again. for once i truly got raped, not only anally, but game-mechanically.

i am in no way complaining about this, just found it interesting. the solution is of course adding a server time-limit after a vote. meaning successful nextmap vote enables a 10 s (?) wait. (before anyone is able to cast a new vote in its place.) this way more players will have time to join server so that one single player wont be able to make a new vote before anyone else even has the time to respond or even join =)

Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 07:35:20 PM »

Ehe, this is indeed a funny story. Smiley
I'd kinda agree with the feature you describe, it would need a simple delay for when a game starts no vote provoking a map change would be possible. Hopefully there are few legitimate cases where you need to call a vote soon after you joined a server. Sometimes you like to set up fraglimit or timelimit soon after the map loaded. Sometimes you change map because the one you voted was the wrong one. There are already similar delay/protection mechanism when for instance changing team (a bit annoying but I learned to deal with that one).
Similar funny stories are one can kick about any new player coming into the server, that was particularly efficient with 081 as going spectator was a way to ease the vote to pass, when you're alone to vote it's like you have admin right, heh.

Todo: Walk the cat.
Pain
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 03:42:18 AM »

banned from a god server. nice one lol

and assrape is an idiot ^^

Instantgib is serious business ... I guess.
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 03:24:07 PM »

after a couple of gg's i got banned from GoD All rockets again..

Glad to hear!
Again insulting ppl, spaming console or something else of your usual behaviour?
abused
Nub

Cakes -17

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 08:30:43 PM »

first of all peter, recognice your nick. sad to say your playstyle isnt memorable.
with that in mind. please dont be so easily offended by words on your screen.
i probably did all the things you mentioned but....  what is your point, really?
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 02:16:11 AM »

lol i bet peters playingstyle is far more 'memorable' than yours Tongue
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 02:18:01 AM »

i probably did all the things you mentioned but....  what is your point, really?

umm? that was probably why you got booted?

but i got to say that call voting before the map has loaded for others is pretty bad. both from the player and voting system.
PopeJo
Lesser Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 02:51:46 AM »

point is: be nice Smiley

Bane

Cakes 5

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 06:45:32 AM »

I played that ass rape guy before camps a lot like you said or as others would put it “Defending the flag”. Also the spamming or insults will probably get you kick from other servers too just a heads up.
abused
Nub

Cakes -17

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 11:01:50 AM »

if you feel insulted by words on your screen you're in need of professional help.
no need to mention names because you already know if you're easily offended.
another way of knowing someone was offended is when they kick and ban you.
sad to see some players crying "buuhhuu dont offend me" in this kind of game.
i realize this message will be difficult to comprehend for most oa-scorewhores.
btw i started this thread to deal with the voting issue - not your intolerance.
dbX

Cakes 11

Shazpaca!

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2010, 12:43:58 PM »

if you feel insulted by words on your screen you're in need of professional help.
no need to mention names because you already know if you're easily offended.
another way of knowing someone was offended is when they kick and ban you.
sad to see some players crying "buuhhuu dont offend me" in this kind of game.
i realize this message will be difficult to comprehend for most oa-scorewhores.
btw i started this thread to deal with the voting issue - not your intolerance.

Ah, then you would not mind If I called you a retard.

In defeat we learn.
abused
Nub

Cakes -17

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2010, 01:13:59 PM »

of course not, but i would prefer if you did it in a creative manner.

Gerbil

Cakes -2

not so strong

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2010, 05:22:00 PM »

i am in no way complaining about this, just found it interesting. the solution is of course adding a server time-limit after a vote. meaning successful nextmap vote enables a 10 s (?) wait. (before anyone is able to cast a new vote in its place.) this way more players will have time to join server so that one single player wont be able to make a new vote before anyone else even has the time to respond or even join =)
I do agree with this part. I know urbanterror forces you to wait a minute before you can call a vote, whereas that seems a little long, 5-10 seconds seems like a fair amount of time to wait before calling a vote.
The example you posed is an extreme case of abusing this, but it is real nonetheless.

As for being rude, it does nothing productive. If you were being an asshole there's no reason why you shouldn't be banned. Players don't want to see your bs, so why should they? Smiley

Quote from: sploosh
there once was an animal called gerbil
he dreamed he was eating his turtle
he awoke with a frieght
in the middle of the night
to find out that he was a squirtle
Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2010, 05:31:21 PM »

I wouldn't ban for words, but I'd recommand people who are bothered to mute.
... unfortunately the !mute admin function doesn't work, and there is no /mute or /ignore normal client-side command (while there are for VoIP).

Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2010, 02:43:16 PM »

I wouldn't ban for words, but I'd recommand people who are bothered to mute.
... unfortunately the !mute admin function doesn't work, and there is no /mute or /ignore normal client-side command (while there are for VoIP).

I'd prefer a ban or a temp ban/kick rather than stupid things like using iptables to make a player loosing a tot of UDP packets per second so to make his/her game impossible to be played .
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2010, 03:18:07 PM »

I think cacatoes just meant not displaying the chatmessages from that player, not any connection stuff.
Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2010, 03:35:34 PM »

I think cacatoes just meant not displaying the chatmessages from that player, not any connection stuff.

Yes , I know ... but there are other admins that use iptables LIMIT module to do that ... honestly I'd prefer to be banned instead of my packets to be throttled/discarded.
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2010, 04:35:49 PM »

Uhm, I don't understand why they would do that... I mean if i would want to get you off my server, you'd just get an IPban. If they're trying to hide your ban but prevent you from playing by such things, then there isn't enough reason to ban you anyway.
Are you really sure they are doing that, and it's not your connection?
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2010, 06:31:09 PM »

Griefers will always find other ways to annoy people...

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
abused
Nub

Cakes -17

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2010, 01:27:35 PM »

it's obvious u can get attacked out of the game by either ddos or something else while playing.
so the question for me is - its only the admin who can resolve your ip-adress during the game?

Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2010, 07:34:00 AM »

Yes, AFAIK other people can't get your IP address since a client only establishes a connection with the server, not with other clients.

Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2010, 07:46:58 AM »

Right, but as an example on GoDs server most members are admins too.
Some other guys also...
Anyway: there is also a project, where admins can ban an ip, so this address is immediatly banned on some other servers too.
Usualy the administrators talk about the bans, which were done Grin

So it could be a nice idea to show some respect to other players and the persons behind the nicks. I can´t imagine, which crazy brain i should have, to insult others withour any reason.
"Call him a doctor!" Tongue
Don´t be a fool and trust on the anonymous internet (there are still the abus@provider.tld addresses Cheesy).
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2010, 09:35:32 AM »

so the question for me is - its only the admin who can resolve your ip-adress during the game?
I've once tried getting other players' IP address, but there is no way. Only /rcon status (or /status on the server console) gives you IP's. Or you have to find some way to scan the servers' network traffic...
abused
Nub

Cakes -17

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2010, 01:26:14 PM »

Peter.. Its not hard to tell from the way you express yourself here that you and other GoD (phaggotz) pass the time exploiting computers trough IP.. I didnt mention it before but of course I've had connection problems during playoffs with "GoD's" (omg the clan-name is so lame).. Seeing how u in this thread some how "demand respect" while u at the same time admit "it could be a nice idea" not to make enemies with "GoD" makes me feel kinda sick, but also a bit sad due to the fact that there are players in this game carrying your weak mentality.

Sure, I might have spoken some messed up things in the CHAT but I would never go so far as to actually ATTACK someone else's hardware/software or even try to KICK or BAN a person for anything chat-related. Maybe you should consider this next time you kick someone... and while you're at it why not reflect on the matter that you never seem to kick someone who talks trash as long as you can win the game.

REMEMBER: someone talks trash while u kick his ass - its funny, a "gg"..?
BUT: someone talks trash while YOU get your ass kicked and its a threat.
Sad to say this is the TRUE mentality of most GoD players i've played =/

Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2010, 04:35:08 PM »

it's obvious u can get attacked out of the game by either ddos or something else while playing.

I've already mentioned in another thread a patchset written for UrT that includes also one patch to limit connections from a single IP and/or the number of clients connected from a single IP : it should mitigate ddos attack and spammers action ( while waiting for a better fix from ioquake3 devs at least )

==================
connectlimit.patch
==================

Introduces two new server cvars: sv_limitConnectPacketsPerIP and
sv_maxClientsPerIP.  If sv_limitConnectPacketsPerIP is set to any value
greater than zero, the server will ignore "connect" packets coming from a
single IP address in excess of four in the past six seconds.  This is a
safeguard against a flood of connect packets from a single IP address source.
The other new server cvar, sv_maxClientsPerIP, can be set to any positive
value to mean that at most that many clients are allowed to be connected
(in-game) from any given IP address.  Both of these new server cvars default
to 0, which means they are disabled.

The entire tree ( that includes also the extra patches in the relative directory ) is available here :

Code:
svn://svn.clanwtf.net/repos/ioquake3-server-1.36

EDIT : my previous post -> http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=3206.msg32047#msg32047
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: