Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blurry Sprites (numbers, ammo, character skins, etc.)  (Read 14506 times)
honeybadgerman
Nub

Cakes 0

I don't know what I'm talking about.

« on: November 10, 2010, 10:30:14 AM »

Hey there everybody-

I'm having an issue with blurry sprites. Here is a screen cap of the problem- http://i.imgur.com/WzhFH.jpg

It may be because I have a high definition screen? How can I fix it?

Thanks, Honeybadgerman
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 10:36:37 AM »

r_picmic 0

There are nothing offending in my posts.
honeybadgerman
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 10:42:16 AM »

I don't know what that means...
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 10:46:29 AM »

R_picmip is the variable controlled by the "Texture detail" option that you can find in the menu. See DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Graphic_options#Texture_quality_and_detail]here. Lower r_picmip value=better quality. The value can be changed manually using the DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Command_console]console, and then typing \vid_restart.

Anyway, on my machine, r_picmip seems to not affect the 2D things in the HUD... I tried to set it to 16 (that should be its maximum), but I still see them perfectly, not blurried like you see them.

But I can't try to use the same resolution you're using (from the screenshot, it seems 1366x768).

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
honeybadgerman
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 10:53:01 AM »

Alright. Here's a cap of my Graphics options- what should I change?

http://i.imgur.com/pfvzO.jpg

Also, and I don't know if this means anything, but the ratio is 4:3 in the menu and 16:9 when I play the game.

Yes, I am on 1366 by whatever resolution.
Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 11:05:30 AM »

Also, and I don't know if this means anything, but the ratio is 4:3 in the menu and 16:9 when I play the game.

That's the usual situation. Try some smaller resolution like 1024x768. Also can you give some more detailed information like your graphics card or operating system? Maybe it's an OpenGL or driver issue.

http://udionline.hu/en/projektek/openarena/
Todo list: 1. q3dm17 textures replacement (95% done)
honeybadgerman
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 11:10:44 AM »

I have an intel HD graphics card, integrated on an acer aspire dual core laptop. Windows 7. I am fairly certain that I am up to date on the drivers. I had the same problem with Quake III when I was using that.
honeybadgerman
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2010, 11:17:17 AM »

I am also running a 64-bit version of windows 7. Does that matter?
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 01:33:50 PM »

Can you try to reset your openarena config ?
It's located in your \Application Data\ ... Openarena\baseoa\q3config.cfg ; you just have to move it into some other directory, then you join a game in Single Player mode, and you see if it works.
You may also check if there are PK3s which were downloaded from OA servers inside your \baseoa\ directory, if so, they may affect the game and could explain your problem.

Todo: Walk the cat.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2010, 01:37:40 PM »

Note: the "baseoa" directory Cacatoes it talking about is under your %appdata%\OpenArena\ folder (here also known as your "homepath" folder), not the one under your installation folder.

See also DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/FAQ#Configuration_files_and_automatic_downloaded_files_path]here.

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: