Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Admins of Rofl InstantGib and Rofl allrockets  (Read 34255 times)
BlankBruno
Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2010, 07:08:12 PM »

Thanks RMF.  Actually, my wife has been doing some freelance writing, and some other things to make a little money.  It's just really hard right now to find a good, steady job here.  Sad
Bane

Cakes 5

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2010, 06:17:37 AM »

Thanks Black Bruno I hope your wife finds a good job soon . Also RMF thanks for the well wishes. Starting a company could be a could idea but I don’t feel I can take on more debt the college loans I got are nearly killing me although I have been selling stuff on eBay which is ok but not a job . But I am paying them down although at times it feels like throwing money in a bottomless hole
Bungle
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2010, 02:35:01 PM »

haha, the topic has completely evolved away from it's original intention  Grin Nice to see some familiar faces here Smiley

GoD|Bungle
BlankBruno
Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2010, 03:09:53 PM »

Good point...sorry about that Bungle and everyone else.  I'll try to stay on topic.  Smiley
Bane

Cakes 5

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2010, 03:34:56 PM »

yeah sorry about that it just tends to happen here
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2010, 06:21:50 PM »

On our clanforum we often get hugely offtopic, like start about something to bind to say in teamchat and end with someone's activity for the next day punched. But noone really minds, and we just get back ontopic whenever someone has something usefull to add about the original subject Smiley
abused
Nub

Cakes -17

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2010, 05:25:13 PM »

oh cute story RMF... thanks for sharing..

btw alot of players are getting OWND(!!) by assrape..

hopefully more players will learn to think like Cacatoes.

this is actually an opportunity to learn something.

a ban is just another wall.. we dont need that.

Tiny
Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2010, 03:34:42 PM »

How nice that looked... lol

Fear the Tiny's fire!! ( or bring some water! )
Pain
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2010, 05:02:05 PM »

lol

btw alot of players are getting OWND(!!) by assrape..

ownd? don't you mean ASSRAPED? ^^

GAYWHORE!

lol *joke*

Instantgib is serious business ... I guess.
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2010, 07:12:53 AM »

* RMF is trying to figure out why we are actually still replying to him
abused
Nub

Cakes -17

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2010, 08:25:52 AM »

aaaw RMF.. a tad upset now are we? heh.. if i recall things correctly u started bashing me for no reason in other threads, without me even being aware of your existance.. then again i rarely remember players who bind cute colorful smileys and spam "gg" after every round (no matter how it actually turned out) u little innocent girl u.. im in it for the rush, the speed and pure pwnage as well as for the technical aspect.. this is why YOU want players like assrape banned, and i dont.. (see previous page for your own words.) OA (in this stage of development) NEEDS players on the edge of the game mechanics, SO WE CAN LEARN, not more ppl like you who just go with the flow and think everything is just fine as they are and maybe, just maybe, has a nice little chat about what mommy made for dinner last night..

u see i'm actually trying to teach you something.
stfu and listen instead of being a upset little boi.
more bans is nor can never be the solution here.
if that happens the OA-community is in decline.
Thor001
Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2010, 04:25:30 PM »

I and cocotero are admin about ROFL INSTANTGIB, and i want write here all ban and kick that i will do (i hope not so much).
Today i have banned a player called akuma because some days before christmas i played with him, he called me cheater all game and few seconds to get out from server he has heavyly insulted me. Now i want ban him all time that i will see.
My meter is:
ban for cheaters and for who insult other people
kick for insane campers and for disturbers
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2010, 05:13:07 PM »

Yeah, I understand you can be quite pissed off in these cases.
List of actions (kick/ban/every command) made by admins is stored in a log file in the server.

Todo: Walk the cat.
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2010, 03:36:04 AM »

Hmmm cacatoes, you say in another topic that a ban isn't right for players who insult others, but some newb who can't tell the difference between cheating and being good is okay to ban?

Not really meant offensive, but I don't see where you draw the line.
Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2010, 07:33:54 AM »

Nothing offending no worry. (sorry if I was a bit on the other topic)
I'm mostly thinking one has to do the best s/he can not to ban/kick.
I think fuzziness is better than being able to draw lines. That means you won't know how to react when you are in a certain situation, that means you won't systematically rely on admin powers.
I also think it's a good experience to play on non-moderated servers (server admins aren't necessarily players, so these cases can happen).

Thor001
Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2010, 08:16:45 AM »

Sorry for my last post. I were very angry with him. For me the word "cheater" is not an insult and i normally don't ban for this cause, but if a player use bad words for parents to another player i have attempted to ban him. I think that oa is a game so if i play, i do for have fun not for have insults. This is my meter but if is wrong i don't use. Let me know Smiley
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2010, 08:31:39 PM »

@Cacatoes, I think it's better to set some limit/line. Else players will say 'but he did this or that', and you get discussions about what exactly is allowed and why.

Sorry for my last post. I were very angry with him. For me the word "cheater" is not an insult and i normally don't ban for this cause, but if a player use bad words for parents to another player i have attempted to ban him. I think that oa is a game so if i play, i do for have fun not for have insults. This is my meter but if is wrong i don't use. Let me know Smiley
Seems like a good meter Tongue
Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2011, 10:04:05 AM »

...and you get discussions about what exactly is allowed and why.
... which is pointless only with admins who have already taken their decision before engaging the talk.
The point is to make the talk useful, you won't solve conflicting views if you don't even try, there has to be persons who are open-minded enough to change their mind, starting with ourself.

Thoushaltdie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2011, 10:59:46 PM »

why not present assrape with and ultimatum? shape up or get banned. I dont think he has an account on these forums so i dont think he is aware of this discussion about him. and i think that even as immature as he is, he deserves a chance to defend himself before his fate gets decided for him

Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none!
Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2011, 04:53:14 AM »

His fate was already decided in my case, I won't ban, so he probably doesn't need to be aware of that.
Hello assrape ! You can silently read us no worry Cheesy

abused
Nub

Cakes -17

« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2011, 11:59:04 AM »

players like assrape is not the problem for real ppl.. look around the community.
i see clan mentality and established players scripting stuff like rocketjumps ffs.
PLAYING someone is still a game.. while KICKING someone is the end of game.
btw there is a conflict while being admin on the server you play. guess how.

TwEeK!
Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2011, 08:58:30 PM »

What the heck, I'll chime in my 4 cents here (I'm a chatterbox, so 4 cents, not 2 cents, LOL).

We used to have similar problems/discussions way back in my Interstate '76 gaming days (if any of you ever played that game, perhaps you're familiar with Ax-L, my handle back then). There were hacks, and a-holes, and a-hole hacks, who all seemed to want nothing other than ruining others' games.

A formal solution never coalesced (sp?). But, maturity won out in the long run. Me, personally, I think I stand about where Cacatoes does - I'm not a huge fan of the ban, but will use it if necessary. Only used it once so far here in OpenArena, and that was probably for less than a minute (turned out that the offender was actually someone I had met a couple nights prior and who had just let a squirrelly attitude get the better of him on my server - I let him back in and good game was had by all).

I agree with Bane (I think he's the one who said it) that pwn-ing the offenders usually works the best, although it can be tough. Back in my I'76 days I became a bit of a legend, and during the great "Hack Crisis" I tried to do my part to smooth diplomacy between opposing camps: I held 3 "Hacks vs. Ax-L" nights, LOL! I was known for using one of the crappiest cars in the game, but being able to best nearly anyone. I was able to beat most of the "undefeatable" hacks who came to the events (and who at first thought they'd make a fool of me, ha!). I think one of those nights was the first time anyone ever saw my patented air-fire-drop - normally, your droppers just layed fire or oil on the ground behind you. Knowing that the cars in the game only had armor on their sides and bottom (the designers never foresaw people doing shit like I would, LOL), I would sucker a hack to the base of a cliff or such, I'd quickly scramble up top (my car was tiny little AMC Gremlin knockoff - almost no armor, very light and quick), and before they knew it, I launched off the cliff, spinning a 360, 720, however-many-rotations-I-could-pull, all the while stompin' my firedropper. Firedropper-from-above + No roof armor (not even hackably) = Ax-L 1  : Hack 0. :-)

The people who attended my events were all enlightened, participants and spectators from both sides. Later in the game's life, when someone finally figured out a way to implement hacked paint jobs (who wouldn't want their own paint job?!?!), it was a lot easier for those who were formerly staunch anti-hacks to accept that they wanted (and would use) a "hack" in one of their own games. And, for the most part, hacks and non-hacks created servers for both types of games and generally stayed outta each others' hair.

So, my bottom line? Try to make peace, be creative, but regardless, things will probably reach equilibrium at somej point acceptable by all. Heck (shameless self-promotion coming on, LOL), take a break and visit my OpenArena server, MeTaLNET! You'll find a friendly crowd there, several of which I've granted  admin access to (and which have never abused said privilege, I want to add). N00bs, pr0s, all are welcome as long as everyone's having fun. Variety is the spice of life, and I'm slowly working toward making my server as unique as possible while not veering far from the base game. So far just trying to build a solid, but deep map cycle featuring a mix of gametypes, with bots that are a little harder to beat than the usual (future plans include really tuning the bots to provide an even fight against any human, while also giving them much more distinct and probably humorous personalities). I'd say the average player that has stuck around (even though my server's only been up a few weeks) has found that their skills and camaraderie have enjoyed a welcome boost. Oh, and did I mention that the MeTaLNET free wallpaper giving is STILL going on? ROFL, check the MOTD upon joining my server (hope you like Shakira, too, haha!).

Love ya all, thanks for making this game and making my gaming more entertaining! I'm out for a frag, and then a map cycle update, I think....

-- TwEeK!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: