Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WIP] CTF Map "Pretzel"  (Read 73590 times)
christooss
Lesser Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2011, 08:04:36 AM »

First of it's great to see new CTF in development. I played it with bots so no real play commenced on it jet. If it's not to late I have few ideas:

1. Adding some water (don't know if it fits in to the textures) in RA room so defenders can hear stacked up attackers cumming
2. This map feels really attack centric. Would there be any possibility to add YA or some shards directly in the base (under the wire balcony). It will take long time for defender to stack up to properly defend the flag.
3. Has anyone tested how long it takes FC to come around the map (both ways) and across the middle to cap. Way around the map feels fastest. When you come around the corner (number 1 on pic) strafe jumping will make you unstoppable. This was my initial feel. There are how ever few options other team can make but still could you try to put some obstacles on the outer wall or make it tighter.

But overall this map is great Smiley
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2011, 08:19:45 AM »

so defenders can hear stacked up attackers cumming
thats it, the voices need to be redone.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
christooss
Lesser Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2011, 08:44:07 AM »

LOL

Spelling gone bad.  Evil Openarena has to be redone cause of that.
VortexHU
Lesser Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2011, 09:11:54 AM »

1. Adding some water (don't know if it fits in to the textures) in RA room so defenders can hear stacked up attackers cumming

or maybe clanging metal? moixie also wanted water... maybe outside should be water instead of snowy? i can make a fish shader. Tongue

2. This map feels really attack centric. Would there be any possibility to add YA or some shards directly in the base (under the wire balcony). It will take long time for defender to stack up to properly defend the flag.

the base always seemed a bit empty to me.

3. Has anyone tested how long it takes FC to come around the map (both ways) and across the middle to cap. Way around the map feels fastest. When you come around the corner (number 1 on pic) strafe jumping will make you unstoppable. This was my initial feel. There are how ever few options other team can make but still could you try to put some obstacles on the outer wall or make it tighter.

a few versions ago, i adjusted the outer ways so it took me the same amt of time going either outer way and the inner way.

— VortexHU —
christooss
Lesser Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2011, 05:58:02 PM »

or maybe clanging metal? moixie also wanted water... maybe outside should be water instead of snowy? i can make a fish shader. Tongue

Maybe water is better option cause it slows the RA taker. But Clanging metal is great sound que too

a few versions ago, i adjusted the outer ways so it took me the same amt of time going either outer way and the inner way.

Good to know. As I said it feels faster. Maybe its just easier to take that route against bots Smiley

Keep up the good work. Hope to see more maps from you.
VortexHU
Lesser Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2011, 06:34:00 PM »

Maybe water is better option cause it slows the RA taker. But Clanging metal is great sound que too

so u cant rly strafe in shallow/walkable water? or u mean swimming deep?

— VortexHU —
christooss
Lesser Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #81 on: March 03, 2011, 04:35:34 PM »

I think swimming is a bit to much Smiley but "disabling" strafing would be nice. Any other thought on this subject?
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #82 on: December 26, 2011, 07:24:30 AM »

Bump! The fileserve link is not working anymore, and only the previous attached versions are available.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
VortexHU
Lesser Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2011, 01:32:13 AM »

Bump! The fileserve link is not working anymore, and only the previous attached versions are available.

beta 1 and source attached. source is a split up 7zip archive.

— VortexHU —
VortexHU
Lesser Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #84 on: December 29, 2011, 01:45:25 AM »

beta 1 and source attached. source is a split up 7zip archive.

rename to ctf_vhupretzel_b1_source_split.7z.001 etc and have all four pieces before decompressing.

— VortexHU —
VortexHU
Lesser Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #85 on: December 29, 2011, 01:52:07 AM »

pieces 3 and 4. sry for triple post, upload probs.

— VortexHU —
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #86 on: December 29, 2011, 05:33:20 AM »

For some reason I can't open the 7z source. :S

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
grey matter

Cakes 8

>9k

« Reply #87 on: December 29, 2011, 08:24:59 AM »

Did you rename the files after downloading, like VortexHU's post says?
I can extract them perfectly well.

This space is for rent.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2011, 08:36:15 AM »

Ouch. -.-
Forgot that line.

EDIT: Success.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 08:58:34 AM by Neon_Knight » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: