Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mouse moves character rather then looking around[Solved]  (Read 7380 times)
linkmaster
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« on: December 09, 2010, 11:18:25 AM »

I'm using Kubuntu 10.10 and I wanted to post on the OpenArena boards before the Kubuntu boards with this problem, since I believe its a game problem rather then OS.

What happens is, the mouse moves my character. I move the mouse to the left, the character strafes left, I move the mouse up, the character moves forwards. Etc. I went into the key bindings and switched everything multiple times, but for some reason it is still making my character move with the mouse. I've played OpenArena before on SuSe, not positive which version, but the version I was using was a school version, thus said it was all locked up and not very fun to use. I'm the admin. of this OS, so I didn't think I would have to do anything other then install the package. Any help would be nice, and since I'm relatively new with Linux, step-by-step instructions would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be given.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 03:44:56 PM by linkmaster » Logged
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 03:18:40 PM »

Uhm... if "free look" is on, the mouse moves the look, and in any direction. If "free look" is off, the mouse moves the look only horizontally (if moved forward or back, it makes your player do few steps forward or back) and you need to press the "mouse look" button to move the look vertically with the mouse. I think usually people simply uses "free look" enabled.

As told, moving the mouse horizontally makes you move the look horizontally... but there is at least a way to have it strafing instead: holding the "sidestep/turn" key at the same time.
Is is possible that your keyboard has got the "sidestup/turn" key stuck for some reason?

Have you tried to use a "fresh" configuration file (renaming/deleting your q3config.cfg file)?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 04:37:01 PM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
linkmaster
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 03:41:31 PM »

Yup, that did it. Thanks a lot!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: