Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: More server questions  (Read 14005 times)
MilanFIN
Nub

Cakes 1

« on: January 17, 2011, 07:23:24 AM »

So I have two questions:
1. I have an ctf-server and it have sometimes only bots on it, and bots are sometimes quite bad ctf-players.
When my 15min. timelimit comes up, and each team has 0 captures the game continues, sometimes as long as 30 hours in same map.
Could it be possible to make this kind of thing to config:
When the timelimit hits, players are not respawning anymore, they have only 1 life to play in map.
And if all players from other team die, the other team wins, this should be only after a timelimit hit when is still in tie.

2. I would like to make few things to serverconfig that are not real settings, but that should be seen from server settings, like admins and website.

Thanks for all who will help.

http://arenafinland.tk a finnish OpenArena server and clan.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 07:40:58 AM »

1. I don't know (I'm not a dev). Anyway, I wouldn't care too much of what happens when there are only bots in a map...
2. Not sure I understood your question... maybe the answer is using "sets" command? But anyone would read them, not only admins. (DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Command_console#Set_variables

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
WaspKiller
Bigger member

Cakes 8

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 09:21:34 AM »

...1. I have an ctf-server and it have sometimes only bots on it, and bots are sometimes quite bad ctf-players.
When my 15min. timelimit comes up, and each team has 0 captures the game continues, sometimes as long as 30 hours in same map.
Could it be possible to make this kind of thing to config:
When the timelimit hits, players are not respawning anymore, they have only 1 life to play in map.
And if all players from other team die, the other team wins, this should be only after a timelimit hit when is still in tie.

Are you using both timelimit and capturelimit?

I'm not very familiar with baseoa (Regular OA) but in Excessive Plus (E+) the server simply rotates to the next map when using a Rotation File if you use the following:

timelimit: 10
    capturelimit: 0

or use the set command if you enabled these from server.cfg

set timelimit "10"
set capturelimit "0"

I'm not sure if baseoa (Regular OA) has a SuddenDeath server variable like E+ but if it does you must set it to 0 or the map will ignore the timelimit until the next flag capture.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

...2. I would like to make few things to serverconfig that are not real settings, but that should be seen from server settings, like admins and website.

Instead of the q3config_server.cfg file you can enable information like the following on any OA Server in its server.cfg file regardless of the Mod:

// Custom Server Flags
 sets Owner "MilanFIN"
 sets E-mail "MilanFIN@gmail.com"
 sets Location "Miami, FL, USA"
 sets CPU_&_RAM "Quad 2.0 Ghz & 4.0 GB RAM"
 sets web_site "http://your-server.com"
 sets Download_Maps@ "http://your-server.com/maps"

Calm is for LOSERS!  ANGER fuels my game and btw you're NEXT!
MilanFIN
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 06:46:35 AM »

Thanks Waspkiller, now i can put few things to server info.

MilanFIN
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 02:01:24 PM »

I have some new "problems", how can i setup a working votingsystem for maps in 0.8.5

Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 03:19:57 PM »

Selecting maps is also a standard in vote menu when you press Esc, call a vote, the server will list its available maps.
Search for "CustomVotes" on this forum, or maybe on the wiki, if you need more specific stuff with votes.

Todo: Walk the cat.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 03:32:21 PM »

(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Servers#Server_config_example

In OA 0.8.5, to select the maps for callvote, create a "votemaps.cfg" file.
For the next releases of the game, I suggested a more flexible solution, but Sago has a little different view, using separate files.

For custom votes, you can take a look here (there isn't yet a page about them in the wiki).

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
MilanFIN
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 11:29:04 AM »

Still one question left Grin

What kind of lines do  have to add to config to make the server private, must be done cause of clan matches.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2011, 11:37:25 AM »

I'm not completely sure, but I suppose they could be these two lines:
sv_privateClients "2" // slots substracted from sv_maxclients
sv_privatePassword "<privpass for privclients>"

(Taken from the server configuration example linked above)

MilanFIN
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2011, 01:16:49 PM »

Not that I meant.

I mean how I can make the whole server as private, password needed from all who want to connect

sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2011, 01:30:47 PM »

g_password = yourpassword

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011, 03:42:10 PM »

Oh, I thought to set sv_maxclients equal to sv_privateclients... would that have worked anyway?

Sago, do you want to write about g_password in the wiki (a whole section of the page about password-protected servers would be better, but at least a line in the server config example!)?
Does it work the same way as rconpassword (meaning that you have to set the same variable both when acting as server and when acting as client)?

sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2011, 04:26:58 PM »

Oh, I thought to set sv_maxclients equal to sv_privateclients... would that have worked anyway?

Sago, do you want to write about g_password in the wiki (a whole section of the page about password-protected servers would be better, but at least a line in the server config example!)?
Does it work the same way as rconpassword (meaning that you have to set the same variable both when acting as server and when acting as client)?

g_password will set g_needpass that will (at least for 0.8.5 clients) result in a "Enter password"-screen while connecting others need to set "password". g_needpass also works as a filter in the ingame browser hiding the server from people who are looking for a public server.
the server uses "g_password", the client uses "password"

MilanFIN
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2011, 11:43:57 PM »

thx

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2011, 04:43:37 PM »

Okay, I've updated the Wiki, DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/index.php?title=Servers&action=historysubmit&diff=8138&oldid=8089]here and DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/index.php?title=Servers&action=historysubmit&diff=8138&oldid=8089]here, starting from your info.

Sago (or anyone else), could you please take a look and fix if I did mistakes? Thank you!  Smiley

sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2011, 04:49:03 PM »

I added that setting the password to "none" also removes the password.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2011, 05:07:07 PM »

Ok, thank you!  Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: