Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: textures and GTKRadiant  (Read 11776 times)
me
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: March 04, 2011, 09:34:41 AM »

Hey guys so basically im using MacRadiant on an intel mac. For some reason when I load up textures 90% of them don't load up. It just fills with some kinda shader error image. Not only on the Quake 3 mode and stuff. and when I test them on OA the textures i do have just show up as those white squares  Sad
any suggestions?

-me

If you're reading my signature maybe you should play some OA or something with all this free time.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 09:45:29 AM »

I'm not a Mac user, but I'll try to help if I can...

Do you have the paths set? Go to Edit => Preferences => Paths and check that the path is pointing to the game's folder.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
me
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 06:45:29 PM »

So i checked the paths in MacRadiant..they were both empty Sad so I set it the Prefab Path and the User INI path to the Quake 3 folder. I reloaded the stuff but it still just said Shader Not found..darn i wish i had an ubuntu computer! I love ubuntu...

-me

If you're reading my signature maybe you should play some OA or something with all this free time.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 06:53:26 PM »

You should point those to where you have the pak*.pk3 files (without including baseoa/baseq3) which comes with the game, not the home folder or the executables.

For example if your path is /.../games/openarena/baseoa, the fragment you need is /.../games/openarena/.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 08:16:28 PM »

also sorry about the real late approval. loaaaaaaaaads of spambots had to be culled

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 06:07:32 AM »

also sorry about the real late approval. loaaaaaaaaads of spambots had to be culled
[sorry for offtopic]no news about something like some semantic bot and ID-107 filter to apply on forum registrations ?[/offtopic]

Welcome @ me.

Todo: Walk the cat.
me
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 10:42:41 AM »

so i need some clarification- so i got the quake files from the packs downloader thing that comes with GTK..should i point it to the quake 3 folder that i got from the packs thing or a folder that is part of the open arena stuff?

also there is a q3ut4 folder in the q3 should i route the prefab to the folder labeled prefab inside? cause the folder is empty...

also thanks for the welcome! gotta say open arena makes me remember all the years of playing id stuff. its great! Smiley

-me

me
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 09:50:52 AM »

so i tried messing around with textures that don't show up in GTKRadiant right? turns out that a ton of the textures that don't work in GTK work awesome in OA. thanks for your help but looks like i can get started on some maps! thanks!

-me

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: