Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Texture Error In Editor.  (Read 9587 times)
Epifire
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: February 07, 2011, 10:33:27 AM »

Well I have little to say about this problem because its takes little to explain, but basically I can't get any textures to show up in my map editor. I just get a Red and Black checkerboard image that says shader image missing.

So there is my problem, I have tried to change the directory for where I get textures from and it did nothing, just got the same error. Now if I am not mistaken the blue and black checkerboard one, is the basic no texture image. What bugs me is I guided the search directory for game textures of my Jedi Knight Outcast, so I am not trying to use my own textures.

Maybe I installed the Radiant tools wrong and the program is missing some thing, cause I installed it a long time ago and smacked it into the game directory as well. I am thinking I can try that, because I can think of little else that could substantially fix it. 
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 10:48:37 AM »

EDIT: Didn't looked at the image. -.-

Check in the folder where you have GTKR installed, the folder games. There you should find the jk.game file. Change the path of enginepath_win32 to the folder where you have installed the game, for example "C:/Program Files/Jedi Knight Outcast/" or "C:\Program Files\Jedi Knight Outcast\"

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Epifire
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 02:14:07 PM »

For some reason I am not able to locate that. But the folders are all mixed around from JK files to Radiant, so my best bet is reinstalling both I think.

I'll see how this goes when I get both programs re-installed. It should help, and I hope it will resolve the problem.

EDIT: Well alright I got both the GtkRadiant, and JK Outcast re-installed so now I am wondering exactly where it is you change this engine path you were talking about. I have the two programs separate finally, so it will be easier to locate things.

As long as I have good direction I can do as you state.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 07:16:47 PM by Epifire » Logged
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 07:41:41 PM »

You need to write in <gtkradiant>/games/jk.game in the enginepath_win32 variable the full path of your JKO installation.

For example, if you've installed JKO in C:\Program Files\Jedi Knight Outcast, you have to leave enginepath_win32 this way:

enginepath_win32=C:/Program Files/Jedi Knight Outcast

Then restart GTK/NetRadiant and check if you can see the textures.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
VortexHU
Lesser Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 08:47:05 PM »

enginepath_win32=C:/Program Files/Jedi Knight Outcast

I remember having issues with the final forward slash in setting up GTKRadiant, but I don't remember if it was here. Anyway, if what Knight said doesn't work you could try adding a slash (oa.game and jk2.game both have it for me).

— VortexHU —
Epifire
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 12:27:46 PM »

Ok I got to the game file, and opened it with note pad and found what you were speaking of. However when I edited the game paths and was testing several of the methods you mentioned, I believe I did it wrong the first time and now when I try to launch GtkR, JKO is not under the game selections the game selections.

Even when the paths are set the way they were previously, it still is not in the options when I launch the map editor.

EDIT: Still learning here, so bare with me if you can. I found the error I made by mistake in the game file so I fixed it and now JKO appears in the selection list again.

I also tried every thing you listed and some of my own ideas, but then it occurred to me that I should probably copy and paste the game file text as to be certain.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- generated by Radiant setup, modify at your own risks -->
<game
  name="Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast"
  enginepath="D:\Program Files\LucasArts\JK Outcast 2/"
  gametools="D:\Program Files\LucasArts\JK Outcast 2\Radiant Tools-1.4/"
  basegame="base"
  engine="jk2sp.exe"
  shaderpath="shaders/"
  default_scale="0.25"
  gamename="jk2"
/>
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 12:41:57 PM by Epifire » Logged
VortexHU
Lesser Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 03:26:17 PM »

enginepath="D:\Program Files\LucasArts\JK Outcast 2/"

did you try all forward slashes ("/", not "\")?

— VortexHU —
Epifire
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 11:10:43 AM »

I tried forward slashes on the enginepath but not the entire txt file if thats what you mean.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 08:09:37 AM »

enginepath="D:/Program Files/LucasArts/JK Outcast 2/"
  gametools="D:/Program Files/LucasArts/JK Outcast 2/Radiant Tools-1.4/"

He means this.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: