Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Openarena Name Changer??  (Read 107046 times)
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2011, 05:48:47 AM »

how about a version for the web?
i wouldn't download and install a program if i could just as easily go to a webpage and tinker with my playername.

the output could be a textbox that would be manually pasted into the correct config-file.
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2011, 06:55:43 AM »

erf, lol.

The web version I did could still be much improved (if I improve it I'll take into acount your remark, Gig already told me the same).

---

Anyway, I plan to host oanc here: http://download.tuxfamily.org/openarena/other/oanc/

---

Edit: ran oanc under Linux, it works very fine (it found my config file, cool Cheesy)

When started from console I have a few outputs which we may ignore:

Code:
~/Desktop$ ./oanc 

(oanc:3772): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_pixbuf_get_from_drawable: assertion `gdk_window_is_viewable (src)' failed

(oanc:3772): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_pixbuf_get_from_drawable: assertion `gdk_window_is_viewable (src)' failed

I only copied the binary and the chars/* files
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 07:08:35 AM by Cacatoes » Logged

Todo: Walk the cat.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2011, 07:10:47 AM »

how about a version for the web?
Link to Cacatoes' test web tool:
http://openarena.tuxfamily.org/namecreator/

@ DBX, i was thinking... the background of the "preview" field is black... that means that black text will not be visible, I suppose. What about making the background of that field of a colour different from any of those available for the text? For example, a dark grey, or something else...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2011, 11:47:53 AM »

i've seen cacatoes name changer before (nice), but i was thinking about the colours too.

swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2011, 08:59:56 PM »

Hey for some reason it opens the commaqnd prompt on windows idk why

Mega Rules The World ! Mega Rules The World
dbX

Cakes 11

Shazpaca!

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2011, 12:24:37 AM »

Hey for some reason it opens the commaqnd prompt on windows idk why

I forgot to disable a switch during compilation. I'll try to make a new version today with some fixes and mod selection. I'll also change the name preview background color.

In defeat we learn.
swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2011, 03:53:12 PM »

Yeah your pretty good at this man, and you see your bugs and mistakes fairly quicly.

Really appreciate the polishing Cheesy

BTW you should make the background gray ...GRAY

dbX

Cakes 11

Shazpaca!

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2011, 03:16:31 PM »

Ok, I've uploaded a new version. Should have some bugs fixed, and the background color for name preview is dark gray. It is now also possible to select mods to which you want the name saved. The command prompt on windows should no longer appear.

You can get it from my site.

In defeat we learn.
Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2011, 04:56:11 PM »

Updated. From your previous readme, I considered current version to be 1.0.4, though that may be wrong.

dbX

Cakes 11

Shazpaca!

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2011, 05:25:58 PM »

Updated. From your previous readme, I considered current version to be 1.0.4, though that may be wrong.

The current version is 1.1.0, I just forgot to change it in the readme :/
I've uploaded a new archive with updated readme. I always forget something Cheesy

In defeat we learn.
swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2011, 07:57:02 PM »

Getting Better On Every Update @Dbx Cheesy

Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2011, 09:30:59 AM »

For future versions, any way you make "oanc" linux file executable ? We need to chmod +x it otherwise.

dbX

Cakes 11

Shazpaca!

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2011, 02:26:52 PM »

For future versions, any way you make "oanc" linux file executable ? We need to chmod +x it otherwise.

It's probably because I create the archive on a windows system, and the executable attribute gets lost. I'll see if I can make an archive that would preserve the x attribute.

EDIT: Ok, I've created a new archive which has oanc with the executable attribute, so no chmod+x is no longer required.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 02:43:39 PM by dbX » Logged

In defeat we learn.
swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2011, 02:47:41 PM »

I have no idea what you meant by that. but im glad you did it  on windows

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2011, 03:26:10 PM »

Man, your program rocks!  Smiley
You just earned a cake for that!  Smiley

PS: Maybe the green "block" may be a little lighter...
PPS: I see that the window is not resizable, and that (at least on my system) the preview field can show up to 26 (printable) characters at the same time (over this limit, the first characters are out from the screen). Just wondering: are they enough or it would be better to use smaller fonts (or a bit larger window) to allow some some characters to be shown, e.g. 32 or 40?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2011, 07:49:53 AM »

Dbx I have detected a problem with the openarena name changer ,as you select a name and choose to save it ,IT DOSENT save to all mods.

by the way is it possiable to add more symbols such as >>ひ ..would openarena regonize these types of symbols

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2011, 08:57:08 AM »

no it wouldn't

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2011, 09:39:44 AM »

Dbx I have detected a problem with the openarena name changer ,as you select a name and choose to save it ,IT DOSENT save to all mods.
Wait, what "save" button did you press? "Save to Config" applies the name to the configuration file selected from the "config" window (by default, the one in "baseoa" folder/mod) only. "Save Select", instead, allows to select the mods you wish to update. What did you try exactly?

swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2011, 10:58:30 AM »

I have tried to use "save select"..to save to ALL MODS and it wont do it..i'll go to a server and it will have my old name and then ill go to another it will say somthing else.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2011, 11:11:53 AM »

You are right... other mods are not affected....

dbX

Cakes 11

Shazpaca!

« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2011, 01:00:45 PM »

You are right... other mods are not affected....
All other mods, or only some? I'll investigate this further. I've figured out where the problem lies, while a correct filename for each mod config is determined, I still use the selected config one Embarrassed I'll fix this in a few hours, once I'm home.

PS: Maybe the green "block" may be a little lighter...
PPS: I see that the window is not resizable, and that (at least on my system) the preview field can show up to 26 (printable) characters at the same time (over this limit, the first characters are out from the screen). Just wondering: are they enough or it would be better to use smaller fonts (or a bit larger window) to allow some some characters to be shown, e.g. 32 or 40?

I'll see to make some changes to improve this. But first I'll make a fixed version for the mod issue.

In defeat we learn.
swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2011, 03:14:54 PM »

i beileve the files name is q3config something like that its supposed to save to all of the "q3config files"

dbX

Cakes 11

Shazpaca!

« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2011, 05:12:38 PM »

- Ok, fixed the mod saving bug. Uploaded a new archive to my site.

In defeat we learn.
swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2011, 08:19:41 PM »

Ive Feel In Love With It Again Cheesy Btw what about the extra symbols?? can you add some... or would it be a waste ..Would Openarena identify some of the new additional symbols

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2011, 03:50:06 AM »

Premise: I'm not a game coder.

I fear that may further break compatibility. I'm not sure, but probably it is already that orange color would be shown as black when running Quake 3 mods... adding additional symbols may bring to unexpected results, I suppose...

PS: Just a curiosity:
I see that are some little differences in the symbols table in Quake 3 Name Changer and OpenArena Name Changer.
Compare them... Q3NC with OANC. dbX, do you have "blanked" some symbols that did not work?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 04:08:38 AM by Gig » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: