Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: blender to gtkradiant  (Read 15545 times)
endtheunion
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: January 28, 2007, 10:19:51 AM »

hello everyone,

i'm interested in doing some gpl maps. i know that i'll have to use gtkradiant at some point, but since i'm familiar with modeling in blender what i'd like to do is model the map in blender and then transfer the model to gtkradiant to finish the job there. i've installed gtkradiant and it seems will only open/import .map and .reg files. i've found a thread on blender artist forums that mentions blender .map exporters, but neither of them will show up in blenders scripts/export menu.

so, what i'm looking for is a way to get a model from blender to gtkradiant. any suggestions on this would be really useful.

thanks.
kit89

Cakes 6

Shoot him..

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 02:48:28 AM »

There are 2 ways of doing this:

Export to .md3 then import into GtkRadiant, this is what you would usually do for models. e.g. trolleys, statues etc
Export to .map then open in GtkRadaint, this would be suggested if you want to load a Blender map into GtkRadiant.

I don't have links to these scripts, but if you go here: www.blenderartists.com, and do a search in the python scetion you should find plenty. Smiley
endtheunion
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 05:15:35 AM »

thanks for the advice kit89,
at some point i'll have another crack at getting blender to export .map files and i'll use the blenderartists forum if i hit any snags.

part of my problem was i thought that gtkradiant could only import .map or .reg because that was all i could find in the pulldown menus at the top of the screen. i've since found that you right click on the screen and use misc/misc_model to import models. gtkradiant can import md3, ase, lwo, obj, 3ds and something called picoterrain, so i'll have plenty of file formats to choose from when exporting from blender.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: