Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: KillerWeb Bot + FireGun  (Read 30297 times)
P . Scimmia
Nub

Cakes 2

Grrrr...ciao

« on: June 09, 2011, 10:38:42 AM »

I propose adding the character to me Skizzato Killerweb (face to webcam) and add the 'weapon shoots flames bagful, of course, is not obligatory backpack, the cylinders are placed on either side of the gun : http://i53.tinypic.com/mc9rmp.jpg
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 02:41:23 PM »

About the firegun, I suppose it may fit in some DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Mods]mods... but probably not in the standard game, since base Quake 3 and Team Arena did not contain a flametrower, and a goal of OA is to keep the same gameplay as the original game...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 07:00:55 PM »

Quake 3 Arena, however, originally planned to have a flamethrower. It was modeled and had a icon, but it was never coded. It was taken out around June 1999 (according to .plan files), and its model was gutted for the incomplete grappling hook model used in the final Q3 game (it's the same model sans fuel tanks)

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github

Cakes 7

Is 7 up?

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 06:45:42 AM »

No offense, but I think fire gun weapon mechanics don't work out very well for fast paced shooters. It's like spraying someone with lava, it just takes too long to kill your opponent, giving him a big chance to retaliate before he dies, so the weapon won't be used very much.

I'm on the ten most wanted list, I've got it dead in the groove.
My face is on every wanted poster in town, for the way I move.
P . Scimmia
Nub

Cakes 2

Grrrr...ciao

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 06:55:13 AM »

Quake 3 Arena, however, originally planned to have a flamethrower. It was modeled and had a icon, but it was never coded. It was taken out around June 1999 (according to .plan files), and its model was gutted for the incomplete grappling hook model used in the final Q3 game (it's the same model sans fuel tanks)
but apart from that quake 3 has been released http://ioquake3.org/ ... particles do not have to be okay ... even a mesch that extends to the flame and then if it hits the target it becomes a circle that it might run like the sketch ....
P . Scimmia
Nub

Cakes 2

Grrrr...ciao

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 07:00:29 AM »

No offense, but I think fire gun weapon mechanics don't work out very well for fast paced shooters. It's like spraying someone with lava, it just takes too long to kill your opponent, giving him a big chance to retaliate before he dies, so the weapon won't be used very much.
then remove LIGTNING that part is almost equal to burning without electrocute

Cakes 7

Is 7 up?

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 07:26:01 AM »

No, the difference between the two is that the lightning gun is basically a medium range weapon because it's a hitscan weapon, while a fire gun is a short distance weapon because it fires very slow "projectiles" in the form of burning gasoline so it will be extremely easy to dodge at medium range. If you're using a lightning gun at close distance and your opponent uses a (good) short distance weapon like a shotgun you're dead meat, and that won't be much different if you're holding a fire gun.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 08:08:58 AM »

Plus, this:

About the firegun, I suppose it may fit in some DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Mods]mods... but probably not in the standard game, since base Quake 3 and Team Arena did not contain a flametrower, and a goal of OA is to keep the same gameplay as the original game...

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
P . Scimmia
Nub

Cakes 2

Grrrr...ciao

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 08:24:32 AM »

No, the difference between the two is that the lightning gun is basically a medium range weapon because it's a hitscan weapon, while a fire gun is a short distance weapon because it fires very slow "projectiles" in the form of burning gasoline so it will be extremely easy to dodge at medium range. If you're using a lightning gun at close distance and your opponent uses a (good) short distance weapon like a shotgun you're dead meat, and that won't be much different if you're holding a fire gun.
Who told you to? WolfanCastel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSlPEl5ypIQ&feature=related  (3,30 minut) ever played ... but they are weapons of imagination and the power is determined by the programmer as the range ... but I just proposed! I do not say anything else ... the question is: piacel'idea us or not? nothing more and nothing less!
Note: If a question of labor can create with Blender but righing sure this is better than I do
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 11:10:23 AM »

though the flamethrower was fun to use on public servers in return to castle wolfenstein, it wasn't that useful in more organized matches. scimmia, you should get enough return to castle wolfenstein lovers and create an open version of that game (the source is out there). that way you can have the flamethrower back Smiley

imo it just doesn't fit the quake 3/openarena gameplay.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 11:30:11 AM »

I played (mostly in campaign mode) Return to Castle Wolfenstein years ago, and the flamethrower there seemed nice, but not so useful to me (e.g. if I remember correctly, it goes out of fuel quickly, and consider that non-human enemies had a lot of health-points...).

However, I've seen that there is a "flamethrower" weapon in the DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/ModCompat/Rune_Quake_3]Rune Quake 3 mod, but at that time the only way I found to get it was to use cheats (maybe there is some other way... if you know it, please tell me). PS: in that mod, other weapons have alternate fire modes available (e.g. rocket launcher can be used like a mortar, if I remember correctly).

I don't know if other mods include flamethrowers... DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/ModCompat/Generations_Arena]Generations Arena includes a napalm launcher that may interest you and DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/ModCompat/Bazooka_Quake_3]Bazooka Q3 includes a napalm missile....
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 11:41:35 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Epicness48
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 11:42:34 AM »

There is some possibility here.  Perhaps in a more cramped map this could be used to spray burning gasoline, and have the gasoline stick around burning for say, five seconds or so.  It could be sprayed into a camper spot, over a wall, at a corner where they can't see you, etc.

I'll just be sure to keep a nice good grenade launcher on me, or perhaps a shotgun.

In-game, I'm WeepingAngel.
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2011, 01:12:31 PM »

Playing the pyro is maybe the hardest you can do in TF(C/2).
But if you can handle the flamethrower, it is _realy_ a deadly weapon.
and no trouble for the gameplay of existing mods/maps: they do not have this weapon included Wink
P . Scimmia
Nub

Cakes 2

Grrrr...ciao

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2011, 02:30:20 PM »

However, I proposed a character and a weapon ... see you! I am interested in only the final decision.
Note: I did not say wolfancastel to copy, then I usually play in the flag of the multiplayer ... if you say the servers are the exhaust them if they make a full house . Roll Eyes do not ask me anything except that I do not read the final decision

Cakes 7

Is 7 up?

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2011, 02:51:49 AM »

However, I proposed a character and a weapon ... see you! I am interested in only the final decision.
Note: I did not say wolfancastel to copy, then I usually play in the flag of the multiplayer ... if you say the servers are the exhaust them if they make a full house . Roll Eyes do not ask me anything except that I do not read the final decision

We're not trying to offend you or to put you down, it's just that there's a very delicate weapon balance in quake-like shooters and if you start messing with it in any way you have to go through rounds and rounds of fine-tuning and rebalancing the damage, speed, range and accuracy of all weapons involved. In QuakeLive for instance it started out by increasing the rocket speed to 1000, then they changed the lightning gun damage from 8 to 7, then the railgun damage was nerfed from 100 to 80, then they buffed the plasma, nerfed the shotgun, and now after years of change the QL gameplay is very different from the original Q3 gameplay that OA provides, while (at least in my opinion) the weapon balance in QL is still off and less perfect than it is in OA.

Can you imagine what introducing a completely new weapon would do to a game that has a small user/tester base and a slow development cycle compared to QL? Ten years would pass before the weapons would be reasonably rebalanced, and in the mean time most people would have given up on the game all together because of the bad weapon balance (or because it's just getting too old).

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2011, 06:04:17 PM »

One thing i don't get, is that every flamethrower in a q3 mod is crappy

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2011, 07:07:42 AM »

One thing i don't get, is that every flamethrower in a q3 mod is crappy
I remember a LG mod for Q3 which replaced it with a flamethrower. The icon was OK, but the weapon... lol.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
WingedPanther

Cakes 4

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2011, 09:46:23 AM »

The only flamethrowers I've seen have been the lightning gun with new graphics.  I'd just as soon stick with the lightning gun as it is.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: