Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Concept Art/Themed Skin Packs  (Read 9764 times)
CallMeBees
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

Steam Support sucks.

« on: April 12, 2011, 09:04:46 PM »

Hey guys, this is my first post here (so if i posted this in the wrong board, sorry in advance  Rest In PEACE! )

I have an idea for future patches. Every month or two, come out with a skin pack for most characters* that has a common theme for the models (Ex. a Space themed pack with a futuristic costume like an astronaut based suit for Angelyss ,and Penguin)
If im not making myself clear, there would be a single skin idea that could be modified to fit each character's model. For instance, a cowboy skin for Merman might be a brown vest with a Sheriff's badge, but if worn by Arachna, would be a tied-up Daisy Duke shirt and blonde hair. You see?

Also- here's some concept art for Angelyss's Space themed suit. I know i made it a little too realistic and the quality isn't great; My scanner's broken

*maybe alternate sets of characters in order to reduce the amount of work needed to come up with costume sets
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 12:17:54 AM »

I like the idea of theme skins, in fact that's basically how the 'clans' in Missionpack work as uniforms.
though i haven't done any new player models for oa in a while. did manage to convert angelyss to a split model for missionpack functionality testing, though, by sheer coincidence here. Tongue

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Bane

Cakes 5

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 07:40:07 AM »

First off I would like to say nice drawing. Smiley Also while looking at you drawing I noticed that you starched out the torso of Angelyss I think that would make a cool robot type skin something like the aerosmith robot(see pic below ) would be cool or a type of art deco robot woman design like Mari from Metroplis ( see pic below ) would be cool
CallMeBees
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

Steam Support sucks.

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 04:19:42 PM »

Phooey! i love the idea, Bane. Also, i dont know what "starched out" means, so I'll assume its bad :/
You mean the way i shortened the midriff?
and, Cpt. Administraitor, I havent even started to mess around with the mission pack? Is it a WIP or am i just doing something wrong, as basically none of the menu items work for me
(Hah, this Thread was also totally my sneaky way of bringing up the "Help Wanted-Concept Art" notice, I want to be as involved in this game as possible. Long live Quake 3!)
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 08:17:37 PM »

It's still wip because the menus are still broken, mainly Options

i've been trying to fix it myself in the past few days by doing new menu scripts from scratch but in a simple design that can be humanly maintained

The single player menu and controls menus are the biggest jerks to menu script making ever. it's unfortunate that there's no usual 'ladder' play support in the missionpack :/
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 08:38:40 PM by fromhell » Logged

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Bane

Cakes 5

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 09:54:21 AM »

CallMeBees

Sorry about the misspelling I meant “Scratched out”
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: