Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ultrav 1on1/small ffa map coming to OA (pics)  (Read 7865 times)
skag
THIS ONE POST HERE SHOULD DO IT.

Cakes 0

« on: May 13, 2011, 10:05:18 AM »

Hi all

I used to map for quake many years back and Im suprised at the lackof decent 1on1 maps for OA.  So I plan to bring my old maps back into OA, aswell as some 1on1 classics (which work well with OA).

First map is Ultrav, a well balanced, small, fast paced map with brand new textures.  Im having a little trouble with texturing the teleports and also using the teleports.  Cant quite figure out yet how to get the tele's to work.  I used to use worldcraft and gtkradiant is completely new to me, but I'm getting there.  If anyone can lend a hand and take a look at the .map file I'll be glad to send it!.  Anyway heres some pics, and a download link for the pk3 for anyone who wants to run around this clasic map!. Remember teles dont work, and they kind of make the map!.  Weapons have been placed, just missing the 2 light armours and  few ammo packs

DL link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7JS8WXXT
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 10:15:05 AM »

Nice.

BTW, do you want your maps to get included into OA? Check this.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
andrewj

Cakes 24

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 07:51:20 PM »

The destination of teleporters should be "target_position" entities (not "info_teleport_destination" like in Quake).

Also the teleport trigger uses "common/trigger" as the texture (I'm guessing you already changed that though).

Otherwise they work the same as Quake (AFAIK), with matching target and targetname  entity fields.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 09:42:06 PM »

Casually found this one while cleaning up the HD. Reuploaded.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qiodfeoz9k6s15q/ultrav.pk3?dl=0

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: