Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: OA Dedicated Server Config  (Read 32099 times)
Akts^Itachi
Nub

Cakes 0

http://oa.akatsuki.ro/

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2011, 03:52:20 AM »

Do you mean placing homepath\baseoa\oaxb48\oax.pk3 or homepath\baseoa\oax.pk3 ?

yes, on the server

itachi is the only guy in the universe who can paint his nails in black and still look like a bad-ass
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2011, 04:20:39 PM »

Okay, I've done some tests.
First, I've checked that the script that changes g_gravity at the end of the line works with the "elimination_warmup", but NOT with g_dowarmup (related with g_warmup). I've updated the Wiki mentioning this further limitation.
I fear we cannot change g_gravity with the script in classic CTF mode with warmup active.

And for OAX, if I place oax.pk3 in baseoa like you suggested (a thing I do not suggest at all), launch a server and then connect from a client with a different path (that does not contain that oax file), I can see that server does not know "g_gravitymodifier" and it does not work even if I set it using "set" command... while the client does not try to download any file. I think the reason is quite simple: pak*.pk3 files are loaded after oax.pk3, and the game logic stored in that file is then ignored (overridden?): the server works like a classic "stock" 0.8.5 and the clients do not download that pk3 since it does not contain anything actually used by the game.

Things change if I rename oax.pk3 to zzzz_oax.pk3. In this case, OAX game logic is really loaded, the game recognizes and uses g_gravitymodifier. Clients that connect try to download the zzzz_oax.pk3, in order to play on that server (I have to enable sv_allowdownload 1 to allow the clients to join). This means that there is the problem I feared since the beginning: clients download the zzzz_OAX.pk3 directly in baseoa, messing up their game when playing offline! Well, at the moment probably it is not a great problem since OAX simply adds new features, but the problem is general: they have an unofficial version placed in the folder (baseoa) that should contain the official version of the game logic (plus user-customized maps, obviously), and they will use such unofficial version when playing offline, probably without having idea about it. OAX tests should be placed in a different folder (like all pk3 files that change game logic).

More, I have to say that g_gravitymodifier should be limited to do not allow people to use values that may "crash" the game, like 0, -1, 10...
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 04:46:11 PM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Akts^Itachi
Nub

Cakes 0

http://oa.akatsuki.ro/

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2011, 01:22:52 AM »

wow

ty gig for the time you took to see this all through.

itachi is the only guy in the universe who can paint his nails in black and still look like a bad-ass
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: