Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Modifying model geometry + Compilation problem  (Read 10328 times)
breizh_nerd
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: May 27, 2011, 01:27:41 AM »

Hi everyone, I would like to solve one little problem I have since 3 days.
I'm working on the OA SDK (on Windows) and I need to modify model's geometry, I want to retrieve all vertices of a model in a table in order to rebuild this model differently. I know that I have to edit the"tr_model.c" file in the renderer directory.

When I compil the source with make command, everything work, I obtain the qvm files and I put them inside the pak0.pk3/vm directory. Then I launch the game but their is no modification on the screen. Though, a function has been programmed and normally models must appear distorted. I don't understand why?
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 03:14:22 AM »

If you have 0.8.5, then the patch has it's own vms and those loads earlier.

Not to mention, you should never modify a base pak, since it breaks MP compatibility. Use a new pk3 with a name starting from q onwards. (usually z_pakname)

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
breizh_nerd
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 04:13:02 AM »

I created a new pack called "z_packdeform.pk3" and I put the baseq3 files (from the compilation using make) inside.
But it doesn't work.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 04:42:05 AM »

You don't even need to compile QVMs if you intend on doing engine-side changes like in the renderer.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
andrewj

Cakes 24

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 04:51:46 AM »

Yes, the rendering code is part of the engine EXE (openarena.exe), so if you modified that code then you need to compile a new openarena.exe
breizh_nerd
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 06:02:06 AM »

Ok thanks! I'm currently compiling the mod-SDK and if I want to compile a new openarena.exe I need to compil the OpenArena Engine instead of the OpenArena modSDK? If I try to compile binaries I obtain this error message with Msys :

which: pkg-config: unknown command
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 07:33:20 AM by breizh_nerd » Logged
breizh_nerd
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 03:50:24 AM »

No one to help?
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 06:41:21 AM »

Sorry, I never had luck to compile OpenArena... The sole result I had from my tries was to break my Dev-Cpp. And that's all.

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
breizh_nerd
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 09:12:45 AM »

ok I found the problem, one line was missing in the mingw32 section : CC = gcc and the part related to pkg-config has to be commented, now it works!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: