Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome to the Moixie's dojo !  (Read 9993 times)
Moixie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« on: June 18, 2011, 11:43:18 AM »

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if I stole you some precious minutes of your life, if it can make you happy, I lost minutes too =)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yersteday, I worked on a weird concept of map (as excuse, I would say that I wasn't really sober...).

Well. You start on a tatamy and every 20s, doors open. it lets you join another tatamy where there is maybe an enemy. it continues like that till it ends.
The map is intended to be played on Elimination or Last Man Standing where it's really exciting !

link: http://dl-tm.at.ua/load/0-0-0-25-20

ps: thx to VortexHU, I don't know what to say so I don't say anything.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 01:09:28 PM by Moixie » Logged
WingedPanther

Cakes 4

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 08:56:11 AM »

I like it.  The only thing I noticed is that the doors sometimes don't close if you're too close to them.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
Moixie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 03:21:27 PM »

to be honest, the best way I found to open doors every 20 sec, with an alternative group of doors that "close" every 20s, was to use a button. So I put a button in every room, on the tatamy. I think that this is where people wait there ennemy once they are in Multiplayer.
So, if you aren't on the tatamy, the door won't open... and the oppened ones won't close.
VortexHU
Lesser Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 12:45:32 PM »

i like the concept. my only issue is that sometimes you can't find the other players before the time runs out once there are only a few left, but otherwise it is pretty exciting. what about having one set of doors open and close after 10 seconds, the second set after 20 seconds, then the first set again after 30 seconds? for example, east-west doors at n*2+10 seconds and north-south doors at n*2 seconds.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 01:04:30 PM by VortexHU » Logged

— VortexHU —
Moixie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 09:14:56 AM »

what about having one set of doors open and close after 10 seconds, the second set after 20 seconds, then the first set again after 30 seconds? for example, east-west doors at n*2+10 seconds and north-south doors at n*2 seconds.

The concept is to organize some kind of mini-duel between players. So I asked myself on how much time I needed to kill somebody with a rocket and shotgun in my hands. and I got 20 seconds. I guess that if I'd make a set of doors which opens every 10 secs, the ennemy could run away or 2 doors could open in the same time in the same room and it's not what I was expecting of it.
But I still can do much alternative versions of it... what about a ship where doors are separed with a "laser" wall ? or a medieval castle where rooms are separed with harrows ? or even a haunted house with wood doors which opens with a malicious laught... where I could adapt thousand diferent combinaisons.

my only issue is that sometimes you can't find the other players before the time runs out once there are only a few left

yap, that's what I hate the most in... but luck is a part of the game I guess.. and in a last man standing, you are really lucky if you don't meet anybody.
Moixie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 09:36:33 AM »

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
doors open every 20 secs, so it opens at least 6 times during the 2 minutes a round lasts in LMS.
there are 8 rooms.
let's tell there are 2 players only, because even if there are 4, 5 or 6 it still finishes by a final duel.

well:

how much odds have they to meet each other at the beginning ?

there are 3 respawns points a room it means there are 24 respawns. then, when we start a door is already oppenned, it's like if there were only 4 rooms. on the 24 respawns, on is already used by the first who spawns, so there are more odds to spawn somewhere else than to spawn in the "big room" (composed of 2 rooms) where the first player is.
there are so 5 usable spawns here against 6 anywhere else.
they have so 5/23 odds to meet the ennemy when we start, and so 18/23 odds to respawn somewhere else.

they don't meet at the beginning, and they join the room delivered by doors, how much odds have they to meet each other ?

if they don't meet at the beginning, there are only 2 senses so there are only 2 possibilities, they run in the same sense, and they never meet at each other, or they run in a diferent sense and they meet at each other. 1/2 odds so

how much odds have they to meet each other if they join the room delivered by doors every 20s?

1/2 + 5/23 = 23/46 + 10/46 = 33/46

now, one decides to stay in the room of the begginning whereas the other still joins other rooms... how much odds they have to meet each other?[/b]

1 / 2 --> 3 --> 4 --> 5 --> 6 --> 7 --> 8 --> 1...

So, let's imagine the first players (who moves) is on the "room 1" and the other (who stays in his room) is on the the "room 5", there are 2 senses so 2 possible scenarios.

he can naturally join the room 8 from the room 1.
in the room where we start, one set of door is already openned, so he can join directly the room 2, he hasn't to wait 20s to open like he'd do to join the room 8.

First: 2 --> 3 --> 4 --> 5, he does 3 displacements where he waits the doors' oppening 20s, this way lasts 1 minute !

Second: 1 --> 8 --> 7 --> 6 --> 5, he does 4 displacements, this way lasts 1 minute and 20s

in any case he joins the other. 1/1 !!!

But ! if the ennemy was in alien and if he decided to take the first way (1-->2 -->3..) he would get there on 6 displacements (so 2 minutes), what happens at the end of the count happens, he meets the ennemy but he loses his health in the same time. (but he joins it.. anyway..)

the 2 players decide to stay on their room, how much odds have they to meet at each other?

After some long and boring calculation I got at the conclusion that they would never meet at each other if they wouldn't start in the same room, it means 5/23 odds to...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, in the case of a 2v2, or a final duel where players wouldn't change their way to move. there would be 3 diferent possibilities:

they joins rooms when doors open: 33/46
only one moves, the other waits: 1/1 (yup !!)
no one moves: 5/23

it happens rarely so, that they never meet each other.

ps: it's a bit paradoxal, because the best way to play this map is so, doing anything, but if the 2 players don't do anything they have almost no odds to finish it... if we want to finish it we must know so how the ennemy will move... it's all an art punched

WingedPanther

Cakes 4

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 10:46:30 AM »

To be honest, I've played Elimination with a buddy versus 6-8 bots, and I found that with two people, we could eliminate all the bots about 70-90% of the time.  That's a pretty acceptable rate, in my opinion.  If EVERYBODY was rotating clockwise, it would be easier to miss some people, but it doesn't take a lot to realize that you need to go the opposite direction of the enemy to meet the enemy.

Would it be possible to put the triggers in an inaccessible room, so the players couldn't accidentally close them?

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
Moixie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 12:54:45 PM »

but it doesn't take a lot to realize that you need to go the opposite direction of the enemy to meet the enemy.

yes, it doesn't take a lot of time but, it's almost impossible to know where the ennemy is running, like it's almost impossible to know where we are on the map because rooms are all the same. In fact, when people respawned they use to go (cause there is always a set of doors open) in the other room and to continue by here, but they have as much odds to respawn where they did like to respawn where they are just going, I don't understand myself but I continue, so it's almost impossible to know in which sense they are going. The best way to meet them is too wait, and to pray that nobody else is waiting like you =)

Would it be possible to put the triggers in an inaccessible room, so the players couldn't accidentally close them?

what triggers are you talking about? I just made a system with buttons and I alternate the doors thx to the "start open" option. Then, you can close a set of doors, I don't remember which ones... you can close them when you shot on...
VortexHU
Lesser Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 03:30:37 PM »

odds

this board needs more probability computation.

But I still can do much alternative versions of it... what about a ship where doors are separed with a "laser" wall ? or a medieval castle where rooms are separed with harrows ? or even a haunted house with wood doors which opens with a malicious laught... where I could adapt thousand diferent combinaisons.

something like lasers or clear walls would increase the chance that there indeed is only one man standing at the end of the round, but i do like the surprise of finding out what's on the other side of the door. it's good as is. Smiley

— VortexHU —
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: