Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Gametype] Tackle  (Read 9728 times)
EmeraldTiger
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: June 26, 2011, 02:51:52 AM »

I like how OpenArena seems to expand upon itself with gametypes that were not found in stock vq3 or Team Arena, and a lot of people are suggesting new gametypes, and I had an idea for a new gametype which takes inspiration from UT`s Bombing Run and would probably be very fun, IMO. The name is just something I quickly thought of for lack of something better, you can contribute a better name if you`d like. Wink

Tackle takes place on standard DM maps, and is a team gametype. Basically there`s a ball that spawns at a random spawn point, or the middle of the arena. Your team must attempt to grab the ball and hold onto it for points, much like Domination. But contrary to Domination, this is more of a run-and-gun affair than a camp-and-defend one. The enemy team will try to frag the ball carrier and gain control of the ball. If you`re low on health, etc. you can pass the ball to another person with better stats, maybe with a new Ball Launcher weapon. (which can use a re-textured prox launcher as a placeholder) How far the ball is thrown depends on how long you hold the fire button, though there should be a limit.

What do you think?
Bane

Cakes 5

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 05:34:07 AM »

Sounds like a futuristic game of football I like it.
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 06:38:46 AM »

... though you wouldn't goal like in speedball Wink

Todo: Walk the cat.
WingedPanther

Cakes 4

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 07:42:31 AM »

It kind of reminds of the Super Heroes mod gametype, where you catch and hold a chicken.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 08:51:34 AM »

Sounds like a mix of Unreal Championship 2's Overdose, plus UT200X's Mutant...

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 02:17:50 PM »

Sounds like a mix of Rabbit for Tribes, and Action Hero for Elite Force.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 01:22:04 AM »

Or also a mix of "Team Possession" (from Q3 Revolution, a gametype where your team gets points until one of its member holds the flag) and DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/ModCompat/QPong]Qpong (a mod -played on specific maps- where you have to push -or pull- huge balls into a specific area in the enemy's side of the playground, hitting balls with weapons or a hook to move them)

And it remembers a bit DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/ModCompat/Q3_Catch_the_Chicken]Q3 Catch the Chicken (a mod where you/your team has to catch and keep a chicken, in order to score. When you have the chicken, you cannot attack, and in team mode, players of the team that holds the chicken cannot kill enemies, but only pushing them away with the "egg gun"), too...

Anyway, it could be nice. I added it to the "wishlist" DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Wishlist#New_gametypes]here. But there is still the same problem: lack of game logic programmers around here...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
VortexHU
Lesser Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 01:17:50 PM »

Anyway, it could be nice. I added it to the "wishlist" DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Wishlist#New_gametypes]here. But there is still the same problem: lack of game logic programmers around here...

we need to get metro to work on things other than megafrag. Smiley

— VortexHU —
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 01:20:22 PM »

What?  Huh

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
VortexHU
Lesser Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 11:21:46 PM »

What?  Huh

a player named metro is making a mod called megafrag. he's apparently able to manipulate game logic to some degree and has at least a little time to do so. i need to get him here. sry it wasn't clear.

— VortexHU —
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: