Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I made a map :3  (Read 20710 times)
ratix
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: January 21, 2007, 02:05:13 PM »

This is my first (second) map made with gtkradiant. It's a 1vs1 map called "duel" and it's not done yet, but I thought I'd post the current version here for a little feedback and possibly help Smiley

http://www.vktv.no/~zero/stuff/openarena/maps/duel_wip.bsp
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 02:13:39 PM »

hehe almost reminds me of the mobius strip

it's probably too linear though

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
tw3k
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 03:32:45 PM »

heh, fun!
Ryan450
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 03:54:01 PM »

looks interesting Smiley, but I'd have to wonder how well two people bounce around without getting blown off by a rocket. I'd suggest maybe something without a heavy blowback Tongue. Railgun/Plasma etc come to mind Smiley.
ratix
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 05:09:54 PM »

looks interesting Smiley, but I'd have to wonder how well two people bounce around without getting blown off by a rocket. I'd suggest maybe something without a heavy blowback Tongue. Railgun/Plasma etc come to mind Smiley.
Well. That's the point, being pushed off the map :p
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 05:49:08 PM »

Hmm...

You could use a no-drop brush/texture just above the trigger-hurt so dropped weapons don't appear to be floating in space after people fall to their death.  Also people should scream when they plunge.  (trigger_multiple > target_speaker > noise *falling1.wav )

Looks like it would be a challenging map as people going up also have to pay attention to jumping on the next step.

ratix
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 06:06:01 PM »

Hmm...

You could use a no-drop brush/texture just above the trigger-hurt so dropped weapons don't appear to be floating in space after people fall to their death.  Also people should scream when they plunge.  (trigger_multiple > target_speaker > noise *falling1.wav )

Looks like it would be a challenging map as people going up also have to pay attention to jumping on the next step.
Yeah, it can be tricky to get the stair-climbing right, but that's nothing compard to how many times I died before getting the stairs safe enough by testing and tweaking :p
Thank's for the tip, this map needs some effects to compensate for the small size, maybe I should add a jump pad beside the lowest platform so the one who's at the upper platform don't get the benefit of height.
sylux
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2007, 11:50:06 AM »

How do I use that map?
ratix
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2007, 07:54:59 PM »

How do I use that map?
You download it, place it in the baseoa-directory (unix: ~/.openarena/baseoa , windows: openarena/baseoa), start openarena, bring down the console (tilde, ~) and type \sv_pure 0, enter, \devmap duel_wip, enter
DeathByGuitar
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2007, 09:53:52 AM »

i like it. very clever idea.
Logan

Cakes 2

I'm one of those Canadians you've heard about

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2007, 02:49:39 PM »

I think that map sucks. Reminds me of Void4 a bit, which also sucks. You wanted feedback and you got it. :p

*Logan*

Let Me Kill You In Open Arena--> Digichalk 0.8.5
Let Me Kill You In Quake Live--> Logan26
ratix
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2007, 04:05:40 PM »

I think that map sucks. Reminds me of Void4 a bit, which also sucks. You wanted feedback and you got it. :p
Hehe. I haven't actually played it against someone yet, so I wouldn't really know. It was my first compiled map and I guess I was just excited to post it here just for the kick of it :p, you should have a look at my other map.
And by the way, I like void4, for its simplicity and the joy of railing others "into the void" Smiley
ratix
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2007, 04:06:08 PM »

i like it. very clever idea.
thanks
Logan

Cakes 2

I'm one of those Canadians you've heard about

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2007, 07:46:39 PM »

Ya, I just don't like maps that are so easy to fall off. I'm all over the arena when I play, and not being able to jump all over the place without risking a suicide is craptastic.

Other map? Hmmm, I'll take a look.

*Logan*

Let Me Kill You In Open Arena--> Digichalk 0.8.5
Let Me Kill You In Quake Live--> Logan26
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: