Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Texture Question  (Read 10897 times)
LauraNeko
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

Picky :)

« on: February 19, 2012, 05:34:32 AM »

don't know if this belongs in technical snafus, but could someone
probably tell me the name of the texture i posted under this text?
i need to know the name because i have some problems with a map.

sorry for double picture post.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 08:02:08 AM by LauraNeko » Logged

GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 07:49:56 AM »

(offtopic: you can remove an attached file when editing your post.)
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 07:56:15 AM »

If it's an official OA map, you may tell its name (and where is that texture)... so it should be possible to open the .map with the editor and check that texture name...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
LauraNeko
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 08:01:46 AM »

no it's not an official OA map.
and i don't have a working map editor the one i have didn't work(as i expected)
isn't there any ingame command to find out what textures a map is using or on which object?oh and the texture is on the wall.so i checked different oa packs with the folder name
wall or files named wall also others but i couldn't find it.i also checked the maps folder(pk3)
but couldn't find the tetxure inthere either...

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 08:03:58 AM »

/shaderlist, I guess.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
LauraNeko
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 08:05:35 AM »

thankies i will try this out Smiley

LauraNeko
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 08:08:38 AM »

hmm no it only gave me the textures the models and guns and stuff are using

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2012, 08:23:57 AM »

The map textures are at the very top of the list, and sometimes aren't visible at all, due to being many. Sometimes it's better to use that command in a map run with devmap.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
LauraNeko
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2012, 08:47:12 AM »

ah yes thats one thing i thought

LauraNeko
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2012, 09:31:19 AM »

ok viel konnt ich jetzt nicht in erfahrung bringen aber es könnte sein das zwei texturen übereinander gelegt wurden.
wer einen editor hat kann sich ja mal die map japanese castles aus dem inet runterladen
und in der ctf(nicht dm) map von japanese castles nachschauen was da für ne textur in der blauen base auf der äusseren haus wand drauf liegt.nur wenn ihr sonst grad nix zu tun habt Cheesy

Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2012, 10:18:40 AM »

ROFL
GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2012, 10:19:20 AM »

ok viel konnt ich jetzt nicht in erfahrung bringen aber es könnte sein das zwei texturen übereinander gelegt wurden.
wer einen editor hat kann sich ja mal die map japanese castles aus dem inet runterladen
und in der ctf(nicht dm) map von japanese castles nachschauen was da für ne textur in der blauen base auf der äusseren haus wand drauf liegt.nur wenn ihr sonst grad nix zu tun habt Cheesy

PS: I very much like Germany, but this is an english forum...
grey matter

Cakes 8

>9k

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2012, 11:12:46 AM »

Here's a stripped down translation;

Maybe it's two textures combined (via shader)?
It's in the Japanese castles CTF map, in the blue base on the wall of the house

On a sidenote; Are you interested in the Quake 3 texture or the OpenArena one? Maybe it's even in some of the third-party texture packs?

This space is for rent.
LauraNeko
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2012, 01:08:41 PM »

i'm sorry for talking german.it seems that i made this mistake because i am tired.
and trust me i tried everything and every pack which is available but nothing worked.
really i tried everything.currently i am using a custom texture pack which puts
some random textures on texture missing objects.and please if someone has a map editor
and knows how to use it then could you please download the map japanese castles
from the internet.it comes named as japanc.pk3.open the pk3 with winrar(pk3 files are renamed winrar archives)and extract the file japanctf.bsp which is the actual japanese castles ctf map.
and then find out what the name of the texture from the outside of the house from the red base is.
this tetxure needs to be on the blue bases house too but isn't.in quake live the outside texture is the same in both bases.only some parts of the houses have team colors like red and blue.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: