Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OPENARENA not indpmaster.deathmask.net  (Read 19957 times)
chris121
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: September 09, 2011, 08:09:45 AM »

I has read a lot of tutorials, but i can't get openarena listed in http://dpmaster.deathmask.net/?game=openarena&sort=name.

This are my files:

cmd: d:\oa\oa_ded.exe +set dedicated 2 +set net_port 27960 +exec server.cfg

Microsoft Windows [versie 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. Alle rechten voorbehouden.

C:\Users\Chris>d:\oa\oa_ded.exe +set dedicated 2 +set net_port 27960 +exec serve
r.cfg
ioq3+oa 1.36_SVN1759M win_mingw-x86 Jan  3 2010
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\OpenArena/baseoa
d:\oa\baseoa\pak6-patch085.pk3 (559 files)
d:\oa\baseoa\pak6-misc.pk3 (229 files)
d:\oa\baseoa\pak5-TA.pk3 (139 files)
d:\oa\baseoa\pak4-textures.pk3 (1753 files)
d:\oa\baseoa\pak2-players.pk3 (669 files)
d:\oa\baseoa\pak2-players-mature.pk3 (231 files)
d:\oa\baseoa\pak1-maps.pk3 (100 files)
d:\oa\baseoa\pak0.pk3 (1042 files)
d:\oa\baseoa\mxl_school.pk3 (446 files)
d:\oa/baseoa

----------------------
5168 files in pk3 files
execing default.cfg
execing q3config_server.cfg
couldn't exec autoexec.cfg
Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
--- Common Initialization Complete ---
Winsock Initialized
Hostname: L500_1R3
IP6: fe80::d0db:482c:8e1:9cf%12
IP6: fe80::28d3:1be1:a9ac:3c%14
IP: 192.168.2.100
IP6: 2001:0:5ef5:79fd:28d3:1be1:a9ac:3c
Opening IP socket: 0.0.0.0:27960
execing server.cfg
------ Server Initialization ------
Server: aggressor
Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\OpenArena/baseoa
d:\oa\baseoa\pak6-patch085.pk3 (559 files)
d:\oa\baseoa\pak6-misc.pk3 (229 files)
d:\oa\baseoa\pak5-TA.pk3 (139 files)
d:\oa\baseoa\pak4-textures.pk3 (1753 files)
d:\oa\baseoa\pak2-players.pk3 (669 files)
d:\oa\baseoa\pak2-players-mature.pk3 (231 files)
d:\oa\baseoa\pak1-maps.pk3 (100 files)
d:\oa\baseoa\pak0.pk3 (1042 files)
d:\oa\baseoa\mxl_school.pk3 (446 files)
d:\oa/baseoa

----------------------
5168 files in pk3 files
Loading vm file vm/qagame.qvm...
...which has vmMagic VM_MAGIC_VER2
Loading 1564 jump table targets
VM file qagame compiled to 1745067 bytes of code
qagame loaded in 3000544 bytes on the hunk
------- Game Initialization -------
gamename: baseoa
gamedate: Jan  3 2010
------------------------------------------------------------
InitGame: \g_lms_mode\0\elimination_roundtime\120\g_voteGametypes\/0/1/3/4/5/6/7
/8/9/10/11/12/\g_doWarmup\0\videoflags\7\g_maxGameClients\0\g_delagHitscan\1\g_v
oteMinFraglimit\0\g_voteMaxFraglimit\0\g_voteMinTimelimit\0\g_voteMaxTimelimit\0
\g_allowvote\1\capturelimit\10\sv_fps\25\sv_maxclients\16\g_gametype\0\timelimit
\60\fraglimit\35\dmflags\0\sv_floodProtect\1\sv_maxPing\1000\sv_minPing\0\sv_max
Rate\25000\sv_minRate\0\sv_hostname\buren121\version\ioq3+oa 1.36_SVN1759M win_m
ingw-x86 Jan  3 2010\protocol\71\mapname\aggressor\sv_privateClients\0\sv_allowD
ownload\1\sv_master1\dpmaster.deathmask.net\gamename\baseoa\elimflags\0\voteflag
s\0\g_needpass\0\g_obeliskRespawnDelay\10\g_enableDust\0\g_enableBreath\0\g_rock
ets\0\g_instantgib\0\g_altExcellent\0
Info: ServerInfo length: 747 of 1024
!readconfig: loaded 0 levels, 1 admins, 1 bans, 0 commands, 0 warnings
Sprees/Kills: loaded 1 killing sprees, 0 death sprees, and 0 multikills.
dom_controlpoint doesn't have a spawn function
runematch_spawn_point doesn't have a spawn function
0 teams with 0 entities
17 items registered
-----------------------------------
------- BotLib Initialization -------
loaded weapons.c
loaded items.c
loaded syn.c
loaded rnd.c
loaded match.c
loaded rchat.c
------------ Map Loading ------------
trying to load maps/aggressor.aas
loaded maps/aggressor.aas
found 29 level items
-------------------------------------
24 bots parsed
52 arenas parsed
AAS initialized.
-----------------------------------
Resolving dpmaster.deathmask.net (IPv4)
dpmaster.deathmask.net resolved to 64.22.107.125:27950
Sending heartbeat to dpmaster.deathmask.net

My Port Mapping:
(Port 2100 is for other game.)

My admin.dat file:

[admin]
name    = buren121
guid    =
level   = 5
flags   = 1

[ban]
name    = test1

My defaulld.cfg file:

sets sv_hostname "buren121"
    sets sv_maxclients 16 // Total players slots enabled, for both bots and humans. How many human players you can support is related with your connection bandwidth (especially upload bandwidth) and your sv_maxrate value.
    sets sv_master1 "dpmaster.deathmask.net"
    seta sv_maxPing 1000 // Clients with ping higher than this cannot connect.
    seta sv_minPing 0 // Clients with ping lower than this cannot connect.
    sv_pure 1 // If enabled, prevents clients from loading pk3 files that are not present on the server to guarantee compatibility. This should ALWAYS be 1.
    //sv_maxRate is number of bytes per second. 25000 is the maximum that can be set through the gui. The integrated VoIP protocol requires 25000 to work. Setting sv_maxrate to more than 25k has no effect.
    seta sv_maxRate 25000
    //Tip: If g_delaghitscan is used sv_fps should be 20 for best results
    sets sv_fps 25
    sets sv_allowdownload 1 // allow clients to automatically download from your server additional files that they may need to play on it
    //sv_dlURL "http://www.yourwebserver.com/folder" // Path of a web space that contains pk3 files that clients can get with fast downloading.
    //g_password "1234" // Set if you want a private server (everyone will need the password to be able to join)
    //sv_privateClients "2" // slots subtracted from sv_maxclients (slots reserved for private clients). Not needed for a completely private server.
    //sv_privatePassword "1234" // Password required for reserved slots. Not needed for a completely private server.
    seta capturelimit 10
    seta timelimit 60
    seta fraglimit 35
    seta bot_minplayers 0 // If there are not enough human players, bots are automatically added or removed to have the specified number of players in the arena (or in each team).
    //seta g_spskill 1 // Sets the skill level for the bots added by bot_minplayers. 1 = Hurt me plenty, 5 = Nightmare.
    //seta rconPassword "123456" // for remote ingame servercontrol: comment this line if you don't want to remote control your server. If you enable this, remember to customize the password!

//seta g_warmup 20 // Sets the time of the warmup at the beginning of the match.
    //seta g_dowarmup 1 // Enables (1) or disables (0) the warmup time at the beginning of the match. Default is 0.

//seta g_motd "<message of the day>"
    //seta g_quadfactor 3 // Modify the damage when using "quad damage" (default value is 3)
    seta g_inactivity 0
    seta g_allowvote 1

//Special vote restriction since 0.8.0
    //The next three variables holds the allowed vote options, gametypes, and maps that can be voted for.
    //seta g_voteNames "/map_restart/nextmap/map/g_gametype/kick/clientkick/g_doWarmup/timelimit/fraglimit/shuffle"
    //seta g_voteGametypes "/0/1/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/" // Gametype 2 is not meant for multiplayer
    //seta g_voteMaps "/ctf_inyard/oa_ctf4ish/hydronex/oasago2/" // No longer available in 0.8.5; if you want to specify a list of maps available for callvote, create a text file called "votemaps.cfg" instead
    //If you want to allow every vote option, all gametypes, and all the maps you can write it like this:
    //seta g_voteNames *
    //seta g_voteGametypes *
    //seta g_voteMaps *
    //You can prevent the server from getting unrealistic time or fraglimits here (0 = no limit)
    seta g_voteMaxTimelimit 0
    seta g_voteMinTimelimit 0
    seta g_voteMaxFraglimit 0
    seta g_voteMinFraglimit 0

//If you want to use unlagged functionality (since 0.7.6)
    seta g_delagHitscan 1

//You might want to count pushing players over the side of a map as kills. In that case:
    seta g_awardPushing 1
    //seta g_awardPushing has been modified many times but as of 0.8.1 is still not that reliable. Rather reliable in 0.8.5 and default there.

//Special modes since 0.7.6:
    //seta g_instantgib 0 // If enabled, players will have only railgun, with instant kill. If set to 2, also gauntlet is available.
    //seta g_rockets 0 // If enabled, players will have only rocket launcher.
    //seta g_vampire 0.25 //25% of Vapiric health (players will gain health when will hit their opponents)
    //seta g_regen 5 //5 health per sec. (health will automatically renerate)

//Gametypes
    // 0 = Free For All
    // 1 = Tourney
    // 3 = Team Deathmatch
    // 4 = Capture The Flag
    // 5 = One Flag Capture
    // 6 = Overload (Obelisk)
    // 7 = Harvester
    // 8 = Elimination
    // 9 = CTF Elimination
    // 10 = Last Man Standing
    // 11 = Double Domination
    // 12 = Domination
    seta g_gametype 0

set d1 "map aggressor; set nextmap vstr d2"
    set d2 "map oa_dm1; set nextmap vstr d3"
    set d3 "map oa_dm2; set nextmap vstr d4"
    set d4 "map oa_dm3; set nextmap vstr d5"
    set d5 "map oa_dm4; set nextmap vstr d6"
    set d6 "map kaos2; set nextmap vstr d7"
    set d7 "map oa_dm5; set nextmap vstr d8"
    set d8 "map oa_rpg3dm2; set nextmap vstr d9"
    set d9 "map oa_shouse; set nextmap vstr d1"
    vstr d1 // start loop at d1
    //you can change gametype or any other variable like this:
    //set d10 "g_gametype 5; g_instantgib 0; map oasago2; set nextmap vstr d1"
    //"g_gametype" should always be before "map" or the map might load twice.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 10:31:19 AM »

Nothing very wrong from what I see,

You may try to set your internet public network address (WAN) and see if it helps, though I doubt.
Code:
cmd: d:\oa\oa_ded.exe +set dedicated 2 +set net_port 27960 +set net_ip 123.985.666.000 +exec server.cfg
Edit: I wonder if order matters with command line arguments, may be better to leave these +set prior to the +exec

You may also try to change the value of set dedicated to other values, though that's not very coherent either. (I've seen the value 8 though I don't remember what it means).

I feel like several people had problems with making visible their servers running Windows.

Or maybe that's because your router does things with ports, again I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 03:34:12 PM by Cacatoes » Logged

Todo: Walk the cat.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 10:51:10 AM »

Are you using IPv4 or IPv6? There is a bug in OA that prevents IPv6 OpenArena servers to be shown in dpmaster.
More info here (and here you can find a modified dpmaster server that works with IPv6).

For other problems that may prevent your server to be shown on dpmaster, I've already written what I know here: (DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Multiplayer#IPs.2C_routers_and_firewalls

.. can you post a screenshot of the "modify" window of your router port mapping? Can you post a link to your router's user manual? Have you enabled OpenArena ports on both port mapping and firewall/services sections of your router? Even if it is not shown on dpmaster, is it possible to connect to your server from outside (specifying its address)?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 11:09:13 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
chris121
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 12:13:27 PM »

.. can you post a screenshot of the "modify" window of your router port mapping?

Can you post a link to your router's user manual?

https://sourceforge.net/projects/buren121/files/router.txt/download

Have you enabled OpenArena ports on both port mapping and firewall/services sections of your router?
I think so, this are the pot mapping I made:

Even if it is not shown on dpmaster, is it possible to connect to your server from outside (specifying its address)?
No, i tried with a friend but it didn't work.

Any Idea how I can fix this?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 02:41:10 PM by chris121 » Logged
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 02:51:50 PM »

It is a modem/router, right? I mean, phone line is directly connected to the router, and not to a separate ADSL modem, right?

A router manual in a txt file? D'oh! I hoped in a pdf manual full of screenshots...
Could you please post some of them, with the NAT/Port Mapping/Special application/Firewall screens?

I don't know exactly what they mean in the "NAT - Special application" section, the difference with "normal" port mapping: they talk about "applications that require multiple connections"... what do they mean? Port ranges instead of single ports? And they mention "trigger ports"... that seems to imply the "port triggering" techinque (AFAIK, it means that the ports are not always open, but only when there is an outcoing connection that activates (triggers) the selected incoming port... and maybe it is not the best for game servers).

Are there some firmware updates for your router?

Can you try to completely disable both router's firewall and windows firewall?
Does the game that uses port 2100 work? Is that an incoming connection for a game server, too, right?

PS: why did you delete your router model and firmware version from the screenshot? It's not a privacy issue.

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 03:27:18 PM »

I may have misunderstood your problem.

You (and other people) should be able to connect to your server if you specify manually its IP address.
If not, then it's more likely a firewall problem, as you seem to have set up your router correctly.
Other reason could be your LAN address changes (if you're using DHCP), you have to check that under windows with ipconfig.

You may give us your WAN address, that could help us to test, while I suppose you're not running the server 24/7.

And finally, can you connect to your server locally ? (/connect 192.168.2.100)

FYI, I think you don't need to redirect port 27950, since it's an outgoing (not incoming) port which is used to contact dpmaster. But keep it the way you did as I'm unsure, that costs nothing.

chris121
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 02:19:10 AM »

Gig:

It is a modem/router, right? I mean, phone line is directly connected to the router, and not to a separate ADSL modem, right?

Yes, the phone line is direcly connected to the router.

A router manual in a txt file? D'oh! I hoped in a pdf manual full of screenshots...
Could you please post some of them, with the NAT/Port Mapping/Special application/Firewall screens?

I found a pdf: https://sourceforge.net/projects/buren121/files/router.pdf/download

I made some screenshots:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/buren121/files/router%20screens.pdf/download

Are there some firmware updates for your router?
There are no firmwareupdates.

Can you try to completely disable both router's firewall and windows firewall?

Does the game that uses port 2100 work? Is that an incoming connection for a game server, too, right?
Port 2100 is for the game warzone2100 The port needs to be open to host a game

PS: why did you delete your router model and firmware version from the screenshot? It's not a privacy issue.
I don't know, you can see it now Smiley

Cacatoes:

You (and other people) should be able to connect to your server if you specify manually its IP address.
If not, then it's more likely a firewall problem, as you seem to have set up your router correctly.
Other reason could be your LAN address changes (if you're using DHCP), you have to check that under windows with ipconfig.

We tried to use specify manually, but that didn't work. I don't use DHCP.

You may give us your WAN address, that could help us to test, while I suppose you're not running the server 24/7.
My wan adres:86.83.255.195 . I try to let my server on but I can't be sure.

And finally, can you connect to your server locally ? (/connect 192.168.2.100)
Yes I can connect locally my sever.
Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2011, 03:49:32 AM »

I get a timeout on your UDP port, it looks like some firewall.
What antivirus / firewall softwares do you use ? (and which Windows version you run ?)

Also check the "Firewall" tab of your router, see if it blocks UDP traffic.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2011, 04:21:08 AM »

About port mapping, have you tried testing with the tool that is linked in the Manual/Multiplayer page of the wiki (in the section about testing)?

And does your warzone server work or not?

And did you turn off your windows firewall or not?

PS: when you quote someone, please use "quote" and "/quote" tags.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 05:32:27 AM by Gig » Logged

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2011, 05:43:58 AM »

From your screen, I see that "Data-Firewall-Access control" has the filtering function enabled, but with no rules configured. This sounds strange, it seems it may block all traffic generated from outside. Try to disable that filter checkbox, or to add a rule to allow traffic to your machine.

If, after trying the above, it turns out it's not enough, you may try to set 27960 port also in that NAT/Special application screen (even if I supposed the standard "port mapping" should have been enough).

RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2011, 10:45:03 AM »

I haven't read the entire topic, but if you type this in the console:
net_port
What port does it say it's on? You set it to 27960, but it doesn't always take the desired port.
Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2011, 11:27:57 AM »

IP6: fe80::d0db:482c:8e1:9cf%12
IP6: fe80::28d3:1be1:a9ac:3c%14
IP: 192.168.2.100
IP6: 2001:0:5ef5:79fd:28d3:1be1:a9ac:3c
Opening IP socket: 0.0.0.0:27960

chris121
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2011, 08:10:29 AM »

I get a timeout on your UDP port, it looks like some firewall.
What antivirus / firewall softwares do you use ? (and which Windows version you run ?)

Also check the "Firewall" tab of your router, see if it blocks UDP traffic.

I use avast free edition and I use windows 7 home 64bit.

In the firewall tabb are no port setthings.

Quote from: Gig
About port mapping, have you tried testing with the tool that is linked in the Manual/Multiplayer page of the wiki (in the section about testing)?

And does your warzone server work or not?

And did you turn off your windows firewall or not?

PS: when you quote someone, please use "quote" and "/quote" tags.

When I test the program say's this:

Warzone works fine online.

I tried with windows firewall off, but I got the same message as my first post. But now this on the end:

Resolving dpmaster.deathmask.net (IPv4)
dpmaster.deathmask.net resolved to 64.22.107.125:27950
Sending heartbeat to dpmaster.deathmask.net
Resolving dpmaster.version6.ru (IPv4)
dpmaster.version6.ru resolved to 109.200.20.211:27950
Sending heartbeat to dpmaster.version6.ru
Hitch warning: 591 msec frame time

Quote from: Gig
From your screen, I see that "Data-Firewall-Access control" has the filtering function enabled, but with no rules configured. This sounds strange, it seems it may block all traffic generated from outside. Try to disable that filter checkbox, or to add a rule to allow traffic to your machine.

If, after trying the above, it turns out it's not enough, you may try to set 27960 port also in that NAT/Special application screen (even if I supposed the standard "port mapping" should have been enough).

I tried everything you said but nothing work.

I think my computer/router or anything else blocks the connection to the internet but I/we can't find what.
chris121
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2011, 09:45:03 AM »

It works!
I had after all these sethings restart my computer, then mulitplayer works!

Now I have two more question:

1: Is it possible to add bots when I'm in the game? (As admin)

2: How do I change the server name collor in dpmaster.deathmask.net

EDIT: I add one more question.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2011, 09:53:42 AM »

Wait... to do the best thing, you should figure out which is the thing that made it work, and re-enable other options. Probably, you should work on firewall rules! Anyway, the simple fact of being behind a NAT already gives some protection, blocking traffic generated from outside.

Of course, it is possible to remotely manage your server using "rcon" commands: see DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Remote_control]Remote control for instructions.
You will be able to use all commands with it, including bot-related commands like "addbot", "kick", "g_spskill", "bot_minplayers"...

For text colors: (DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual%2FText_colors
Example: set name "^2My^3Server"
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 12:26:03 PM by Gig » Logged

chris121
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2011, 11:25:00 AM »

Het werkt!

Voor iedereen die heeft geholpen heel erg bedankt! Grin
Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2011, 11:58:22 AM »

Miam miam cassoulet !

chris121
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2011, 12:10:52 PM »

Sorry I said it in Dutch.

It works!

Everyone who helped thank you!
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2011, 03:20:19 PM »

Het werkt!

Voor iedereen die heeft geholpen heel erg bedankt! Grin
En de enige andere nederlander hier (iig, ik kan me zo geen anderen herinneren) heeft niet eens veel kunnen doen Tongue

(I said that the only other dutch here, afaik, me, hadn't even been able to do much).

Cakes 7

Is 7 up?

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2011, 04:00:46 PM »

Er hangen hier nog wel meer Nederlanders rond. Smiley

(More Dutch alert.)

I'm on the ten most wanted list, I've got it dead in the groove.
My face is on every wanted poster in town, for the way I move.
chris121
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2011, 09:36:09 AM »

Er zijn denk ik nog wel een paar Nederlanders op het forum, maar die spreken hier alleen Engels.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: