Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Gametype] - Hide and seek  (Read 8220 times)
Moixie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« on: September 17, 2011, 02:33:22 PM »

let's imagine 2 kind of players.
there would be monsters, whom would be composed of 1 player who would have the quad, every weapon, 200H/200A and whom would have to hunt others before the timelimit hits !!! Whereas the others (non-monster) would start with only nothing (!) and their only way to win would be to stike down the big ugly monster(s) or to stand alive untill the timelimit ends. Everybody has only one live.

ps: we would also be able to do a gang-bang with everybody as monsters against only one litlle non-monster...

pps: to anyone who doesn't know what's hide and seek, read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hide-and-seek

ppps: if you don't know what gang-bang means... there are a lot of really professionnal articles about it on the web, I let you search by yourself.

pppps: yes.. I changed a bit the message...

« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 10:14:11 AM by Moixie » Logged
WingedPanther

Cakes 4

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 02:52:06 PM »

The first version sounds like fun.  Then the one who lasts longest, or kills the monster, could become the new monster next round Smiley

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
BlankBruno
Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 07:03:20 AM »

Personally, I like the Hide-and-Seek idea.  I think that could be worked into something that would be fun sometimes for something a bit different.  The GB idea, not so much, but that's just me.   Grin
Bane

Cakes 5

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 08:24:32 AM »

ok one question when you say every weapon do you be the BFG as well becuase then I can see a very very unkillable monster.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 08:47:20 AM »

Something like this?

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Moixie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 10:09:06 AM »

Correct me if I'm wrong.
In the UT4's mutant gametype, the only way to have point is to kill the mutant or people when we are a mutant but there is only one "mutant" and he is ultra-cheated ! So everybody tries to become THE "mutant" and to become it there are 2 ways: to be chosen because there are no mutants (when the party starts or when the mutant suicides, volontarly or not) or to kill the "mutant".

What I propose is much more stupid:
_ everybody has only 1 live (like in LastManStanding, at least traditionally)
_ there would have monster(s) chosen among players. (ultra-reinforced, Admins would chose what they have and how many monsters there would be)
_ the round ends thx to a timelimit.

don't ask me: "and how to count points ?" because I wouldn't be able to answer
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 10:24:18 AM by Moixie » Logged
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 11:02:07 AM »

There are three ways to score kills in Mutant:
- Being a Mutant, you can kill everyone.
- Being a Bottom Feeder, this is, the last in the scoretable, and the only one aside of the Mutant who can kill everyone. Once he moves on the scoretable, he's no longer the BF.
- Not being any of them, the only one you can kill is the Mutant.

At the start of the match, everyone is BF. Once someone scores the first kill, everything changes.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
adriano

Cakes 4

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 07:54:13 AM »

It sounds like fun. Smiley
But there must be good balance between monster and non-monsters. You have to consider that when you have more non-monsters (with same healthpoints) than it gets easier to kill the monster. So e.g. you could do more non-monster -> less HP for each of them.

It would be also cool if the monster isn't just 'sarge' but maybe an extra model which is high and just like a monster. punched
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: