Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Desura  (Read 87922 times)
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2011, 09:06:54 AM »

But what OA miss the most is not the quality, but a centralized community platform, and mainly a chatting system.

The development does not need a community platform.
This is what the community needs.

regarding the mac os port: you shouldn´t forget, that oa also has a freebsd port.
Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2012, 12:30:25 PM »

It's open, and hosted on Github.

http://udionline.hu/en/projektek/openarena/
Todo list: 1. q3dm17 textures replacement (95% done)
GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2012, 04:02:06 PM »

The development does not need a community platform.
This is what the community needs.

regarding the mac os port: you shouldn´t forget, that oa also has a freebsd port.

I didn't say that it was related to dev, on the contrary, I pointed out that it was for a better community support, and this is what OA miss the most.

Thank's Udi for the link, very useful. So the software project is called Desurium? Does it contain everything or just a subpart of the whole system that Desura proposes?
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2012, 03:54:36 AM »

I didn't say that it was related to dev, on the contrary, I pointed out that it was for a better community support, and this is what OA miss the most.

I know and i agree that a stronger community would be good.
I just wanted to clarify, that the dev team not necessarily needs a community to do their work.
If you like to have a strong community (as part of it), you potentialy have to organize it by your own without the help of the dev team.
GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2012, 08:57:14 AM »

If you like to have a strong community (as part of it), you potentialy have to organize it by your own without the help of the dev team.

That's also what I said earlier. There are too few contributors actively watching and participating in the official forums, compared to the whole userbase, and that is only because the whole community is cut accross many subcommunities.

Anyway, dev can also help about that by implemeting such features as a chatting system, and maybe Desura? But this can also be implemented by players as well. The game is opensource.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: