Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Q3dm6ish Remix - MxDm1  (Read 14473 times)
Moixie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« on: September 28, 2011, 11:34:24 AM »

Evolution:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q3Dm6ish: map available on Oa

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

M1dm1: http://elite-of-oa.clan.su/load/0-0-0-19-20

* A new shape
* New textures (gothic theme)
* New items placement
* New parts (especially on the 2nd floor)
* Stairs replaced by ladders
* A fog on the floor

Mx2dm1: http://dl-tm.at.ua/load/0-0-0-10-20

* New textures ( Black&White, it failed)
* Jumps instead of ladders
* New items placement
* New teleporters destinations
* Levels are 1/2 times higher

Mx3Dm1:http://dl-tm.at.ua/load/0-0-0-19-20

* New light
* New textures
* Dom/DoubleDom gametypes playable
* Shape improved in some parts
* Some details added

Mx4dm1:http://dl-tm.at.ua/load/0-0-0-27-20

* New light (looks much better)
* some more details

Mx4dm1_alt1:http://dl-tm.at.ua/load/0-0-0-29-20

* Alternative look
* New textures
* New light

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shape:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 07:10:07 AM by Moixie » Logged
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 12:00:48 PM »

You could throw a preference poll up here too while you're at it

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github

Cakes 7

Is 7 up?

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 04:55:07 PM »

I played around on mx4dm1_alt1 and it's awesome and a real improvement om q3dm6ish. A few remarks:

* The placement of the MH is rather odd, it's the most important item on the map but it's fairly easy to shield it from other players and/or camp it because it's covered by walls pretty much from every side.

* Why no tourney mode? The map is virtually made for it.

* Sometimes the corners in the door jambs between the walls and the ceilings are rounded but sometimes they're straight, which visually is a little inconsistent.

* If you'ld put in some stylish wall ornaments the map would become Id-like, it reminds me of pro-q3tourney7 somehow.

* Again an awesome map, have a cake!

I'm on the ten most wanted list, I've got it dead in the groove.
My face is on every wanted poster in town, for the way I move.
Moixie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 08:23:39 AM »

Well, when I started this topic I just wanted a special place for this map, because the "New ctf maps" topic and its 5 pages started to make me sick. So I started the topic and put all the important elements about the evolution and the shape, then, during the next days or weeks, I wanted to speak about it and especially about a ctf version of it. But I couldn't because work got me and kept me out of Oa for months.   

So, Neon Knight said:
BTW, you should consider doing a CTF version of that recreation as well. I've tried it once when I've retexturized q3dm6ish, and it worked very well.

I quikly tested the ctf version you made with Q3Dm6Ish and I have to say that the 2 actual version (my remake and yours) are totally diferent about the size, the shape, the items and other details. So I wondered to myself where to put the 'midlle area' in the ctf version and I found 4 interesting ways to do it. Here they are:
1°) Like in your map, the central area is at the 'east' of the map:

an intermediary area or some common parts between each side are possible.

2°) My first idea, the central area is at the 'south' of the map:

3°) teleporters connect each base.

4°) Flags in the dm version (sounds stupid):

Even if I know that the 2 lasts proposals don't sound so serious, and that the most adapted to the map seems to be the 2nd proposal. I would like help.
VortexHU
Lesser Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 09:46:31 AM »

sorry, could you post screenshots of the places where you would put the new hallways? or you could duplicate the base and put a couple halls between them, it doesn't have to be pretty for a gameplay test.

— VortexHU —
Moixie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 03:20:15 PM »

sorry, could you post screenshots of the places where you would put the new hallways? or you could duplicate the base and put a couple halls between them, it doesn't have to be pretty for a gameplay test.

Of course, but it takes more time than to just draw something on paint. I'll try to do it before th end of the week, it shouldn't be long.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 03:30:57 PM »

I need to replay your version to get an idea about the connections you propose.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
VortexHU
Lesser Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 11:52:30 PM »

Of course, but it takes more time than to just draw something on paint. I'll try to do it before th end of the week, it shouldn't be long.

i ask because i tried running thru the map and figuring out what you meant but was unsuccessful.

— VortexHU —
GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 12:23:32 PM »

You can draw a quick draft over a screenshot of:
- The new connection points
- An overlay of the current map and the new one you propose (use cheat to fly through walls, so that you can take an eagle's view screenshot). This one should be pretty quick and give a very good idea of what your plans.

Anyway, I support your idea of making a CTF version of this map, I think it'll be great if done properly.
Moixie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 07:07:19 AM »

You can draw a quick draft over a screenshot of:
- The new connection points
- An overlay of the current map and the new one you propose (use cheat to fly through walls, so that you can take an eagle's view screenshot). This one should be pretty quick and give a very good idea of what your plans.

Anyway, I support your idea of making a CTF version of this map, I think it'll be great if done properly.

Well, here is what I quickly done:

In the 1°) case:

And in the 2°) case:

I'm going to put here a pack with the 4 diferent propositions to see really concretely how the gameplay would be.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: