Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.8.5 on Mac: doesn't save settings  (Read 4905 times)
Ministry
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: October 18, 2011, 01:36:47 AM »

Hello,
Openarena 0.8.5 doesn't save preferences on my Mac (Osx Snow Leopard); every time I run the game it loads default settings (screen resolution, sound, input and so on).
But it saves correctly the multiplayer settings: player name, model ecc.

Moreover, Z and W keys are mapped uncorrectly (swapped): so the W key is read as Z and vice versa.
Of course my keyboard works well and the problem occours only in Openarena.   Huh
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 04:33:25 AM »

Hi,

Z and W are reversed... when you chat ingame you have to switch them too ? Which language/layout your keyboard and system are ? There are indeed similar keyboard mapping problems with OA/SDL running on different OSes.

I'm unsure of why some of your settings is preserved while others isn't, they're stored in the same file (baseoa/q3config.cfg), you may have an eye on it. Have in mind when you play on "servers with mods", it duplicates your config file in moddirectory/q3config.cfg, so some of your settings may not be consistent if you play at different places.
You can then copy your properly set up q3config.cfg file to other mods to fix that behaviour if you notice it.

Todo: Walk the cat.
WingedPanther

Cakes 4

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 09:25:32 AM »

I play on a mac, and have never had an issue with it.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: