Since we don't have a GOOD MD3 exporter for Blender 2.5x (NOTE: THE COOL 2.49 MD3 EXPORTER DOES NOT WORK IN 2.5X) we'll have to settle with an alternative pipeline
What you'll need
- Blender 2.59!
- This IQM exporter!
- A crapload of memory is saved
- A crapload of disk space is saved
- Potential future skeletal endeavors (CAN YOU SAY HARDWARE TRANSFORM & LIGHTING
- unlike the IQM format, this works and functions in the engine currentlyDISADVANTAGES
- Requires a build with RAVENMDR enabled.
- No LODs yet as MDR has the LODs in one model file (saves plenty of animation bytes) and our pipeline can't get to that right now
- No vertex animation, so if you made a slime thing or a softbodied something..... you don't. Stick to bones.
- Tags are defined by being bones, and therefore are harder to create.
- Bone heirarchy isn't saved into the MDR, so it's not a very import friendly format
- Blender doesn't export it directly (yet)STEP 1: YOUR MODEL, YOUR TAGS AND YOU
I don't want to go through the long winded creation of a player model so i'll use everyone's favorite, modelname. First off, STEP 2: EXPORTINGSTEP 3: CONVERTING
Open your IQM in Noesis and check if you have animation anomalies first.STEP 4: TESTING