Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Optional "fighting game"-style bars for Overload  (Read 7959 times)
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« on: November 10, 2011, 09:50:15 AM »

Not for now, but for a later version.

I don't know how to explain it, so I've attached an image.

The health bars refer to the obelisks.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 11:30:33 AM »

Since I don't know it... does the game allow to place two obelisks in each base? That would make the game harder...
I was wondering how that fighting-style bars would behave in that (hypotetical) case.

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
christooss
Lesser Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 03:21:59 PM »

I think he ment for obelisks the way they are just health of them always displayed as health bars.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 03:49:09 PM »

I think he ment for obelisks the way they are just health of them always displayed as health bars.

Yes, I know it. I was just wondering about what would happen to those health bars in case of more than 2 obelisks?
I've never seen a such map, but who knows...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 03:53:37 PM »

Since I don't know it... does the game allow to place two obelisks in each base? That would make the game harder...
I was wondering how that fighting-style bars would behave in that (hypotetical) case.
Well, yes, it is possible to have two obelisks. Tried with a testmap.

In that case, the normal counter above the score, down-right, shows the status of both bases by switching them, as in, 1 second shows base A's status, 1 second, shows base B's status, then switches back to base A in the next second, and so on. These bars would behave the same.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 09:22:54 AM »

So, it is possible to place two obelisks per base, uh? Interesting.

In the future, we could try it in a real map (I fear it would need some test time to be sure that bots would act correctly, and more important that the effective gameplay would still be good and funny... and there isn't time before 0.8.8).
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 05:24:29 PM by Gig » Logged

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 09:58:46 AM »

There's a lot of time for OA3. And it will be better to focus all the energy and resources there.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: