Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just wondering (void4-related)  (Read 10998 times)
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« on: December 01, 2011, 01:38:07 PM »

I was thinking... void4 on it's own it's certainly a "bad" map (opinions vary on it, though)

But what would happen if the entirety of it (and by extension, void2 and void3) is (are) included into an actual map? I mean, as a structure in an actual map, such as the central area of a CTF-based non-space-platform map.

What do you think?

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 01:45:59 PM »

I don't know void2 and void3. But this is interesting concept and might work. Tho TBH, the sole way I could image this are two void4 bases in CTF.

EDIT: Typo.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 04:34:12 PM by Graion Dilach » Logged

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 02:27:19 PM »

HadnĀ“t played the voids Sad
BlankBruno
Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 02:33:26 PM »

Void4 is one of the first maps I played often in OA--good memories for me.  I am one of the few I guess who sort of like that map.  Smiley
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 05:29:32 PM »

yeah, i can't believe some have a guilty pleasure out of that trainwreck of a level

If you want to enjoy the void series in their original habitat you can still find openquartz somewhere. It's a long dead Q1 OA-ish, with an even worse mishmash feeling than ours and it even has some nonfree sounds here and there

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 05:45:13 PM »

Well, a retexturing of the entire area is a must, ofc.

Let's wait until 0.8.8 is released to see how to do this.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 05:59:59 PM »

Excuse me, where can I find that void4 map you mentioned?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 06:08:37 PM »

A version of the map (compiled by Sago) is listed in the unofficial maps thread.

Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 06:40:30 AM »

i usualy do not care about optical effect, i just care about the gameplay of a map.
so is it worth to give void4 a try?
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2015, 09:05:17 AM »

As part of my rekindling (going back to NetRadiant after a LONG time) I've decided to put this theory to test. Here's two void4 inside one oa_bases3, first pass, a.k.a. pre-alpha.

I'll be very busy with RL things, but I'll be back in December. Meanwhile, I have to relearn again about how to properly do maps. :/

P.S.: If anyone wants to compile it, here's the .map file. Be aware, though, I haven't made map changes to bases3 and haven't moved entities out of place, so there will be errors which must be fixed manually.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 09:09:18 AM by Neon_Knight » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: