Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FragFest - Captured and Tagged 4 Xmas!  (Read 7429 times)
WaspKiller
Bigger member

Cakes 8

« on: December 10, 2011, 04:44:27 AM »

Season Greetings to all,

The WASP Clan would like to invite you to a 2 hour FragFest on Sunday, 18 December 2011.

Details posted at our web site owing to some formatting requirements:

http://oa.goquake.com/?page_id=1034

Even if you're not interested in Excessive Plus, it should be an interesting read.

If you have been to at least one of our previous 3 FragFests and enjoyed it, then we would be grateful if you would paraphrase our info and re-post at your social networking account particularly FaceBook, ModDB, Desura, etc.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 01:07:38 AM by WaspKiller » Logged

Calm is for LOSERS!  ANGER fuels my game and btw you're NEXT!
WaspKiller
Bigger member

Cakes 8

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 01:24:27 AM »

Please note that the FragFest is today (Sunday).  Even though the full details are at the WASP Site, players are still asking me about the time, so I will re-post the time and maps below.

FragFest ~ Captured and Tagged 4 Xmas!

/connect 173.198.211.111:27920

WHEN: Sunday, 18 December 2011.

TIME: 3:00 PM (15:00) (GMT - 5:00) --  New York, USA.

Eastern European Time: 10:00 PM (22:00) (GMT + 2:00)

Central European Time: 9:00 PM (21:00) (GMT + 1:00)

Western European Time: 8:00 PM (20:00) (GMT + 0:00)

Atlantic Standard Time: 4:00 PM (16:00) (GMT - 4:00)

Eastern Standard Time: 3:00 PM (15:00) (GMT - 5:00)

Central Standard Time: 2:00 PM (14:00) (GMT - 6:00)

Mountain Standard Time: 1:00 PM (13:00) (GMT - 7:00)

Pacific Standard Time: 12:00 PM (12:00) (GMT - 8:00)

Time Conversion Link: http://www.worldtimezone.com

You must download the maps or enable AutoDownloads:

Please note that CRAZY CTF and Impact Score Match are not game types even though they are listed as such.  They are mutators that modify an underlying game type.

WaspKiller
Bigger member

Cakes 8

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 02:59:19 AM »

Captured and Tagged 4 Xmas! was an OpenArena (0.8.8 RC (engine v26)) FragFest hosted by the WASP Clan to showcase some game types and mutators on Excessive Plus 2.2b.

The event featured sixteen (16) matches, comprising of eight (8) maps, five (5) Game Types, two (2) Mutators, and two (2) Game Styles within a two (2) hour period.

While we had a weird issue with map changes which forced most players to reconnect for each map (most likely due to my over-the-top settings of some new E+ variables), more than enough players attended, as evident by the scoreboard screenshots, to make this event a success.

On behalf of WASP, I would like to thank all those who attended or tried to attend.  We know you could have spent your time elsewhere, and so we very much appreciated your support.

For those who did not attend the event, but are curious to see who attended, all scoreboard screenshots are available by clicking the image below.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 03:42:52 AM »

088 RC? But RC was expressly NOT to be used in any internet server... Undecided

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
WaspKiller
Bigger member

Cakes 8

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 04:30:34 AM »

088 RC? But RC was expressly NOT to be used in any internet server... Undecided

The full 0.8.8 RC is supposed to be tested off-line.  The v26 engine modifications can and (should?) be used on production servers according to this Thread: http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=4391.0

I referred to it not as 088 RC but as (0.8.8 RC (engine v26).  I wasn't sure how else to refer to it.  I apologize if I confused you and others.

In any event, the FragFest Server was setup on Sunday and deleted the same day.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 04:41:05 AM »

As 088 RC I supposed you meant this, the patch pk3 RC1. And from your text, it seemed to mean "088 RC pk3 + binaries 26".

If you were referring to binaries 26 only... there is no problem!  Grin It's all okay!

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
BlankBruno
Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 06:22:19 AM »

On behalf of WASP, I would like to thank all those who attended or tried to attend.  We know you could have spent your time elsewhere, and so we very much appreciated your support.
I would like to thank WASP for hosting a very fun event!  I just wish that I had practiced more, since I had never played E+ until I think it was the day before, and you can tell by my scores.  Wink  I also wish that I had been able to play all rounds, but it just didn't work out.

Hopefully WASP will have another similar event soon, and if so, I definitely plan to be there!

Thanks again WASP!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: