Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help needed on railjump & faster rail reload time  (Read 10779 times)
TRiLLeNNiuM
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: December 27, 2011, 10:09:27 AM »

Hi all,

I run a instagib server but i would like to add railjumping and/or faster rail reloading time.
Yesterday i tried the insta-rj mod, but that mod also have some negative sides.
Can someone help me with this?

Gr, TRiLLeNNiuM
grey matter

Cakes 8

>9k

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 10:18:24 AM »

Are you looking for an existing mod or do you want to program your own? In the first case I'd recommend you try E+

This space is for rent.
TRiLLeNNiuM
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 10:53:08 AM »

Im just looking for an existing mod, i will take a look at E+ Smiley
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 10:57:32 AM »

Do DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Mods/Insta-RJ]Insta-RJ railguns allow railjumps? Huh I didn't remember of it... I will have to try...

Anyway, DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/ModCompat/CorkScrew]CorkScrew mod allows railjumps (if you enable its option), and to customize reload time.

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
WaspKiller
Bigger member

Cakes 8

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 03:00:48 PM »

Are you looking for an existing mod or do you want to program your own? In the first case I'd recommend you try E+

+1

-----------

TRiLLeNNiuM, if you do try E+, make sure you get the download from here: http://oa.goquake.com (The Official Site for E+ on OA).

Two tips: Since you seem interested in modifying weapons and possibly things like physics, damage, knockback, etc., please be sure to take a good long look at the default.cfg file and then use it as a template to design your own Game Style Config.  It's sad when E+ Admins just use the configs that I or others design.  The beauty of E+ is in its scripting system which opens up everything for Modification.

Second, seriously consider not using custom maps.  Personally, I love them and won't change.  But, not using them will bring some additional players to your server as E+ can be played Server Side Only (i.e., without the Mod) and with Auto-Downloads disabled.  Furthermore, if you use custom maps you will probably need a Q3A/Q3TA texture pack since OA doesn't have good q3 texture support and isn't scheduled to until OA 3.

Calm is for LOSERS!  ANGER fuels my game and btw you're NEXT!
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 04:31:24 PM »

I did a try with Insta-RJ (DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/ModCompat/Unlagged_Rocket_Rail]Unlagged Rocket-Rail), and it seems to not allow rail jumps. Maybe there is a cvar to enable them?

Anyway, probably you may need DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/ModCompat/CorkScrew]CorkScrew or DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Mods/Excessive_Plus]E+ for your goal, as previously stated...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 06:53:35 PM »

I used the oanage mod for railjumping and modified rail reload time. It was very easy, but the download doesn't seem to be available anymore. I reuploaded the mod here:
http://g2f.nl/pynpiu
Topic with some documentation here: http://www.team-oan.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=155

Sample config I used on IO^Clan server a while ago:
http://g2f.nl/e7ev1g

ExcessivePlus is probably overkill for just those two features.
WingedPanther

Cakes 4

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2011, 08:30:04 PM »

+1

-----------

TRiLLeNNiuM, if you do try E+, make sure you get the download from here: http://oa.goquake.com (The Official Site for E+ on OA).

Two tips: Since you seem interested in modifying weapons and possibly things like physics, damage, knockback, etc., please be sure to take a good long look at the default.cfg file and then use it as a template to design your own Game Style Config.  It's sad when E+ Admins just use the configs that I or others design.  The beauty of E+ is in its scripting system which opens up everything for Modification.
Speaking from experience, it is a LOT of fun to play with E+ configs.  My personal favorite is using the lightning gun as a jet pack.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 02:03:23 AM »

Oanage sounds interesting.
RMF, the version you linked (by the way, do you have a classic link for that, instead of a shortened one?), oanage_2010-03-05.pk3, is based upon 0.8.1; I see here that its author made a version based upon 0.8.5 (in his post dated 2010-03-17), that should include a readme file. Seeing that you are registered on that forum, can you try to contact its author "BillGates" (interesting nickname) to get the latest version of the mod?

Speaking from experience, it is a LOT of fun to play with E+ configs.  My personal favorite is using the lightning gun as a jet pack.
This sounds funny. I'd like to test it. How to enable?
PS: another mod which includes a jetpack is DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/ModCompat/Bazooka_Quake_3]Bazooka Quake 3.

UPDATE: I created DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Mods/oanage]the wiki page for oanage.
Tip: try setting g_rocketspeed to values like 10, 0, -10 or similar... ^_^
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 03:17:42 AM by Gig » Logged

RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 07:16:10 AM »

Seeing that you are registered on that forum, can you try to contact its author "BillGates" (interesting nickname) to get the latest version of the mod?
I just sent him a message Smiley
GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 07:45:08 AM »

ExcessivePlus is probably overkill for just those two features.

I would also advise E+ as you can do pretty much whatever you want, and is no overkill: it can be as simple or as complex as one wants. I tried many Railjump mods and E+ did fit the bill the best, because you can configure things pretty accurately and independently (eg: railjump but with self-damage, as with rocket jumping - to my knowledge, no other mod permits this configuration).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: