Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Might be getting back to mapping for OA, under one condition:  (Read 23489 times)
VortexHU
Lesser Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2011, 01:56:17 AM »

Check your lightmapped models and map's patches for these. If you compile from GtkRadiant with BSP monitoring enabled, then Q3Map2 will instruct Radiant to select the offending patches.

so maybe just press backspace to delete after the compile fails?

— VortexHU —
PsYthe
Lesser Nub

Cakes 8

Obey 37.

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2011, 06:39:17 AM »

It's not selecting anything, but I think I've isolated the cause, somewhat...

For whatever damn reason, some of the evil8 textures that generate light (the pretty light trims like in ps9ctf) cause a LOT of those 0 axis errors. I replaced every evil8 trim with a dsi trim and the map can compile with lighting just fine. I found this out because I tested a compile on a very simple map with the same textures, same results when changed on the big map.

The new trims look pretty anyway. Looks like it's going to be a nighttime map.
Gotta finish lighting, then weapons/entities/spawns/etc. Then it should be good to go!

... thought I'd include a preview:

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2011, 06:52:10 AM »

Talk about DM-DarkMatch from Unreal Tournament III. Tongue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5isTDLizNE

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
PsYthe
Lesser Nub

Cakes 8

Obey 37.

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2011, 07:07:44 PM »

Okay, so maybe I'm just lazy, but I'm starting to not like this map I'm making very much... it seems too complex for CTF and just doesn't seem to be my "style" of consistency across the map. The flag areas are pretty bad. I was very deprived on sleep when I went about making the layout of the map, anyway, lol.

... however, I am back into it (mapping for OA). There will be some content from moi, and whenever it's done is when it will be seen.

But yeah, I'm certainly lazy, so it could be a little while. There will be a new thread when I do make the new map.

SooKee
Nub

Cakes 5

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2011, 03:38:24 AM »

Okay, so maybe I'm just lazy, but I'm starting to not like this map I'm making very much... it seems too complex for CTF and just doesn't seem to be my "style" of consistency across the map. The flag areas are pretty bad. I was very deprived on sleep when I went about making the layout of the map, anyway, lol.

... however, I am back into it (mapping for OA). There will be some content from moi, and whenever it's done is when it will be seen.

But yeah, I'm certainly lazy, so it could be a little while. There will be a new thread when I do make the new map.

That's a shame  Cry because the styling looks awesom! But I'll keep my eyes peeled for the new thread when it arrives  Cool .

For those curious, I made a simple graph of the accumulated OA player usage data that I have been collecting:

http://sookee.dyndns.org/oatab/oaplayers.png

EDIT:

Looking at it, it reminds me of a sound wave. Some time I will look into converting it into WAV format just to see what it sounds like  Grin

- SooKee QuakeNet: #openarenahelp
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2011, 04:03:57 AM »

Nice. Having some hour indication in the graph would be nice, too.  Smiley

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: