Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: No more missing textures in other maps  (Read 34705 times)
sittingduck
Half-Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2008, 01:03:01 PM »

Maybe I did something wrong, but for some reason I could not get clients to dl the texture pk3 from base. Putting it in the mod folder worked right off the bat.
fufinha
stop making alt accounts and self-termination

Cakes 7

retired

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2008, 01:18:07 PM »

The download thing can be strange sometimes as it can let you connect then will start downloading only after a /reconnect

If you have that file anywhere in the clients game or mod folder then it might not download at all (depending where it is as they paks/mods load in alphabetical order).

What I normally do is set fs_game to something and if I'm changing the contents then I just delete the entire folder.. which is the only guantareed way to force it to download. I've had old files there at times and sometimes doesnt download from the server.

I think it's similar to the issue where you can have media loaded in ram and the sounds and stuff stay even if you connect to another server Sad I highlighted this in the dev section.

Another thing you sometimes find, if you have a mod folder in the games location with the same name as the one in the home folder then the file will download twice. If the download repeats over and over again then it means the file being downloaded is different from the one that is referenced in the mod/game folder Cheesy Easy mistake to make
rear
THIS ONE POST HERE SHOULD DO IT.

Cakes 0

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2012, 05:58:15 PM »

Hello!
Does anyone have this gpl-q3a2oa-textures_v4.zip file, the rapidshare link is down, unfortunately.
So if someone could re-upload the file please?
Thanks in advance!
adem
Nub

Cakes 0

Lost in the DeathMatch

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2012, 07:04:54 AM »

Hello!
Does anyone have this gpl-q3a2oa-textures_v4.zip file, the rapidshare link is down, unfortunately.
So if someone could re-upload the file please?
Thanks in advance!
http://oa.goquake.com/servers/z-gpl-q3a2oa-textures-v5.pk3 - i guess it is the latest pak.
also, you can try this - xcsv_bq3hi-res.pk3 – A High Resolution Texture Pack for Quake III, ioQuake3 and games that can use Q3 maps, as well as, their Mods.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: