Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ligtning change it from gun to sword, flying  (Read 8479 times)
P . Scimmia
Nub

Cakes 2

Grrrr...ciao

« on: January 01, 2012, 08:10:29 AM »

The gun does not shoot as appointed Ligtning but sends a band of current, which is very similar to the sword star wars, led me to thinking: replace the gun with a sword! If the 'idea ​​like, I create, or the staff Official? I propose adding a ball that's been flying for a few seconds, like the 'idea?
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 09:05:01 AM »

(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/NOTTODO

Stuff we won't do and never will
Change the core gameplay of the original game. This includes the physics, weapons, and anything that's the default gameplay. That's stuff for a mod, not for the original gameplay.

If the idea is to replace only the weapon model, then I might agree.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
WingedPanther

Cakes 4

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 10:29:55 AM »

You can create a substitute weapon model for testing purposes right now.  My concern would be how far the model would have to extend from the character to maintain the current weapon range.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 07:06:53 PM »

Do you mean a lightsaber 10-12 meters long?

Anyway, I suppose you should take a look to this thread, starting from its title: http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=4271.0
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 03:27:54 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
P . Scimmia
Nub

Cakes 2

Grrrr...ciao

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 01:21:44 PM »

Do you mean a lightsaber 10-12 meters long?

Anyway, I suppose you should take a look to this thread, starting from its title: openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=4271.0
  Afro It is a long sword! In fact it is only an aesthetic factor ... But do note: I would add 4 points that create the laser, it can be seen from the drawing! And then long swords by Sheela (sister of He-Man) to Inojasha is nothing new ... then one of the Jedi. But though and only graphics that makes more sense the continuous laser that lasts several seconds ...
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 07:28:44 PM »

So, you propose a weapon (why necessarily a sword?) that fires three beams that touch in the farthest point, to give a sort of explaination for the fact that the beam ends suddently?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 03:33:31 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 08:08:01 PM »

It's not gonna be a lightning sword. Sorry, this isn't OpenCatechumen

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
LauraNeko
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

Picky :)

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 03:30:30 AM »

i was about to say they all want a sword, give em one.but then i thought they won't use it anyways because it would have no reach.but i know what he wants he want's the lightning gun to look like a futuristic sword/saber which has a far reach as far as the current lightning beam Smiley

but it would also look strange if someone is holding a sword and isn't moving
it like one.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: