Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: suggestions of textures  (Read 10304 times)
seven
Half-Nub

Cakes 2

« on: March 04, 2012, 09:30:59 PM »

suggestions of textures
seven
Half-Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 09:33:46 PM »

space_panel_alt.jpg
in textures\base_wall2\
new and old
the new and old are not seamless. Old version are not seamless. I don't know why?. Last row has 8 pixel less. Someone knows why?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 10:01:50 PM by seven » Logged
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 09:34:30 PM »

Not acceptable quality.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
seven
Half-Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 09:35:58 PM »

textures\base_wall2\space_panel_alt2.jpg
 old and new version
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 09:47:26 PM by seven » Logged
seven
Half-Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 09:38:52 PM »

textures\base_ceiling\metceil1d.jpg

new and old version
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 09:50:40 PM by seven » Logged
seven
Half-Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 09:44:25 PM »

Not acceptable quality.
it is a version from open arena, It is on list to do textures. Textures from OA has not "new" in name.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 02:08:01 AM »

A question: it is reported DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/DeveloperFAQ#Textures.2FGraphics]here that
The art direction of Open Arena is about "double" as Quake III Arena:
quadruple texture resolution, i.e. 512x512 as opposed to a 256x256
But is that to be followed only when creating new (OpenArena-specific) textures, or also when creating textures for Q3 compatibility?
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/List_of_missing_textures
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/List_of_missing_textures_and_shaders_of_Q3_and_TA_maps
I mean, if an old map uses a certain Q3 texture with a certain scale (and a certain offset), and we re-create a texture with the same name and similar colors/shapes (e.g. the border of a door?), but different resolution... will it fit correctly or will it appear out-of-scale or de-centered? Q3 compatibility textures should keep the same resolution as the originals?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
grey matter

Cakes 8

>9k

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 11:12:10 AM »

I mean, if an old map uses a certain Q3 texture with a certain scale (and a certain offset), and we re-create a texture with the same name and similar colors/shapes (e.g. the border of a door?), but different resolution... will it fit correctly or will it appear out-of-scale or de-centered? Q3 compatibility textures should keep the same resolution as the originals?

It shouldn't matter, otherwise all the Quake 3 compatible HD texture packs would not work properly (at least I never had any texture problems with those).

This space is for rent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: