Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: OA players  (Read 64542 times)
!mp4ct
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: January 28, 2012, 05:43:38 AM »

Why the hell are there more people on this forum than in game ? How attract people to play OA ?? cause OA seems dying ... less clans than before etc etc :/

House of the hunters :http://oa-chs.warsforum.com/         chs/clan
GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 06:12:44 AM »

There are more contributors than before, but there are much less active people in this forum than in the game, believe me.

The community isn't dying (this has been said for years and years and never happened), but it just needs some emulation, either competitive or by a new release. The latter one will happen soon enough.
Bane

Cakes 5

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 08:35:42 AM »

The games is just fine it’s not dying, it’s just that most of the people on the forum seem to enjoy the creative aspect of OA a little more that playing so they mostly create stuff we can enjoy such as maps, models or textures.
WingedPanther

Cakes 4

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 08:11:55 PM »

Speaking strictly for myself: I rarely play on the public servers, I mainly play private games.  Now that I have my new laptop up, I may change that.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
!mp4ct
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 05:11:24 AM »

There are more contributors than before, but there are much less active people in this forum than in the game, believe me.

The community isn't dying (this has been said for years and years and never happened), but it just needs some emulation, either competitive or by a new release. The latter one will happen soon enough.

hm true maybe there will be a little more people when the new release is out .

adriano

Cakes 4

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 11:37:17 AM »

hm true maybe there will be a little more people when the new release is out .

Maybe a short video about 0.88 and OA gameplay&models&officialmaps on  this homepage would be cool but also like an invitation for newbies to attract them...
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 05:44:55 PM »

Does someone know a good conversion tool to convert to ogg/ogv format?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 06:07:12 PM »

Not for mass conversion, but Audacity can do it, and probably mediaconverter.org.
christooss
Lesser Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 06:58:04 PM »

Probably the best tool for video conversion is avidemux, for CLI option ffmpeg.
GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 08:54:40 PM »

Media Coder

Opensource, multiplatform, optimized, and easy to use. (there's an AudioCoder version to only convert audio files)
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 01:55:20 AM »

I'll take a look when I have some time. OGV would allow to host a video directly on Wikia...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 08:30:44 AM »

Why the hell are there more people on this forum than in game ? How attract people to play OA ?? cause OA seems dying ... less clans than before etc etc :/

true...

look at the clans list ..

theres basicly no clans active anymore

OpenArena Clan Book

Mega Rules The World ! Mega Rules The World
!mp4ct
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2012, 10:25:43 AM »

OA is really better than QL or so :/ don't understand why there are less people  Huh

swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2012, 02:56:20 PM »

anyone in for helping me promote?

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2012, 05:37:26 PM »

Media Encoder: maybe it's me that missed some conversion settngs... but the output ogg file makes my Windows Explorer (to crash if I open the folder).

Avidemux: it encounters an error and it does not start.

swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2012, 09:38:39 PM »

how about we give a copy of our oa's to people in our home towns?

The more people you give it too the more they will try to test it

Tell them to give it to there friends too!

GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2012, 05:01:11 AM »

Media Encoder: maybe it's me that missed some conversion settngs... but the output ogg file makes my Windows Explorer (to crash if I open the folder).

Avidemux: it encounters an error and it does not start.

If Avidemux can't start then you certainly have a big problem, you should take a look on this before continuing.

Anyway, media encoder can be pretty tricky to use since it does not safeguard anything, every parameter is accessible.

If you want a simple encoding software, you can try AutoGordianKnot, it encodes videos well but only in either DivX or XviD, but it's really almost fully automatic.

And as a last resort there's also VirtualDub, but this is also complicated to use but pretty efficient.

Also, did you install the codecs? I don't think media coder installs them.
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2012, 08:40:56 AM »

VirtualDub and complicated in one sentence? O_o

You might try ffdcodec as codec, it can open everything (well, everything I tried and even some I didn't knew would be complicated).

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2012, 09:13:56 AM »

Or K-Lite Mega Codec Pack (only for Windows):

http://www.codecguide.com/download_mega.htm

For Linux, just use your package manager to download every required codec.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2012, 03:48:01 PM »

I'm quite sure I already have k-Lite codec pack...

GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2012, 06:23:02 PM »

I'm quite sure I already have k-Lite codec pack...

Then check that it's the Mega codec pack and that you checked Full installation with encoders in the installer.
Half-Nub

Cakes 10

Also known as Dots & cookies

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2012, 05:13:46 PM »

There are still quite a few clans (atleast from my observation) just that most of them are EU clans. Granted OA being a small populated game you can't expect many :p.

Now in NA there aren't really many NA based clans. You only really have /N/. But they don't play competively anymore.
swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2012, 06:04:55 PM »

There are still quite a few clans (atleast from my observation) just that most of them are EU clans. Granted OA being a small populated game you can't expect many :p.

Now in NA there aren't really many NA based clans. You only really have /N/. But they don't play competively anymore.

there the only FULL north american clan left

but there not fully NA either they have a few from argentina or at least 1 and 1 from spain i believe

MY CLAN (Mega Clan)

is NA but not fully either alot of NA players dont play openarena

5 USA players

lets face it europeans rule the population of OA

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2012, 06:21:30 PM »

lets face it europeans rule the population of OA
or any game for that matter really. Counter-Strike and TF2's much bigger in Europe than NA believe it or not lol

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2012, 08:15:42 PM »

true europeans love games :-)

but i think we (NA) produce better players

just my opnion

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: