Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.8.8 Bugs  (Read 168178 times)
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #100 on: March 04, 2012, 07:22:34 AM »

If people want to know, these are the changes between both versions, taken from the Binaries thread:

Updated 2011-03-07: (20)
Synced to ioquake3 1910
Orange color in console

Updated 2010-08-30: (18)
g_humanplayers are now set by the engine with this patch (http://bugzilla.icculus.org/show_bug.cgi?id=4702#c2)

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
grey matter

Cakes 8

>9k

« Reply #101 on: March 04, 2012, 07:27:06 AM »

If people want to know, these are the changes between both versions, taken from the Binaries thread:
Updated 2011-03-07: (20)
Synced to ioquake3 1910

Are there any .diffs for the OA engine versions? I'd like to know what and how it was synced.

Edit: Nevermind, I just downloaded the two .tar.bz2 and did .diffs for myself.

This space is for rent.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #102 on: March 04, 2012, 07:31:24 AM »

Did Lupus say he tested the various mid-release binaries and found out that the problem started with version 20? Undecided Maybe that was "rm" in the thread about 0.8.8 IPv6 issues (where he found out that something changed between 18 and 20).
IIRC, Lupus has not done that test yet (I suggest him to do it, if he can).

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2012, 07:56:40 AM »

Oh, I've confused threads. -.-

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
lupus
Nub

Cakes 0

Lupus est homo homini...

« Reply #104 on: March 04, 2012, 10:32:45 PM »

tested some binaries but not all of them. problem seems to reside between the first and second one which would be 0.8.1 and 0.8.x-2

results listed below:

openarena-0.8.1                 working
openarena-engine-bin-0.8.x-2   crash
openarena-engine-bin-0.8.x-3   crash
openarena-engine-bin-0.8.x-4   crash
openarena-engine-bin-0.8.x-6   crash
openarena-engine-bin-0.8.x-7   crash
openarena-engine-bin-0.8.x-8   crash
openarena-engine-bin-0.8.x-9   crash
openarena-engine-bin-0.8.x-10   crash
openarena-engine-bin-0.8.x-11   crash
openarena-engine-bin-0.8.x-12   crash
openarena-engine-bin-0.8.x-13   crash

since i doubted there would be much of a change i stopped testing at that point.

if necessary i could keep testing the remaining ones...

again, while using 0.8.1 .exe i have got the r_gamma issue where the game wouldn't allow me to change gamma settings as well as my q3config.cfg will be rewritten every time i start the game.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #105 on: March 05, 2012, 01:55:32 AM »

About gamma not changing... I know there is a bug that you cannot change brightness in windowed mode after you switch from fullscreen to windowed mode. Not sure, but maybe someone said it's a long-known SDL bug.
I don't know if that is the same gamma problem as you mention. Of course, it should be not related with the other strange things you experience...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
grey matter

Cakes 8

>9k

« Reply #106 on: March 05, 2012, 11:09:14 AM »

You could try using something like ProcessMonitor to check which files and folders openarena.exe fails to open, in case it's really a permission issue and not something else.

I'll try OA 0.8.8 on my Win7 64/Nvidia system later, maybe I'm "lucky" and run into the same problem Smiley

This space is for rent.
lupus
Nub

Cakes 0

Lupus est homo homini...

« Reply #107 on: March 10, 2012, 03:33:44 AM »

well i read about the gamma issue during windowed mode but think it is kind of unrelated because i never start the game that way. since the gamecrash started after the 0.8.8 update after everything worked just fine and because i did a full windows reinstall i thought it would kind of go away easily.

but now it seems like the only version working would be the 0.8.1 and no other is working at all.

i guess i should test the remaining ones as well (without much hope).

to grey matter's advice: when i find out how to look up the file permissions on process monitor i will do that but i was too lazy to do a google search for it.

otherwise i am sticking to 0.8.1 version for now, even though it is a little bit of a mess
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 06:13:14 AM by lupus » Logged
GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« Reply #108 on: March 10, 2012, 05:45:47 AM »

Can you also try this binary:

http://zsensible.free.fr/openarena/oa-binaries-r2224.zip

This is the binary compiled from the very latest OA 0.8.8 merge with ioquake3 r2224.
lupus
Nub

Cakes 0

Lupus est homo homini...

« Reply #109 on: March 10, 2012, 06:50:05 AM »

tested the remaining oa binaries from the development page

went as expected. the list now looks like this:

openarena-0.8.1                 working
openarena-engine-bin-0.8.x-2   crash
openarena-engine-bin-0.8.x-3   crash
openarena-engine-bin-0.8.x-4   crash
openarena-engine-bin-0.8.x-6   crash
openarena-engine-bin-0.8.x-7   crash
openarena-engine-bin-0.8.x-8   crash
openarena-engine-bin-0.8.x-9   crash
openarena-engine-bin-0.8.x-10   crash
openarena-engine-bin-0.8.x-11   crash
openarena-engine-bin-0.8.x-12   crash
openarena-engine-bin-0.8.x-13   crash
openarena-engine-bin-0.8.x-14   crash
openarena-engine-bin-0.8.x-15   crash
openarena-engine-bin-0.8.x-16   crash
openarena-engine-bin-0.8.x-17   crash
openarena-engine-bin-0.8.x-18   crash
openarena-engine-bin-0.8.x-20   crash
openarena-engine-bin-0.8.x-21   crash
openarena-engine-bin-0.8.x-22   crash
openarena-engine-bin-0.8.x-23   crash
openarena-engine-bin-0.8.x-24   crash
openarena-engine-bin-0.8.x-25   crash
openarena-engine-bin-0.8.x-26   crash
openarena-engine-bin-0.8.x-27   crash
openarena-engine-bin-0.8.x-28   crash
oa-binaries-r2224              crash

i am seriously considering allowing remote control wo my pc by a dev member... so tell me if that helps.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #110 on: March 10, 2012, 07:25:54 AM »

Teamviewer maybe?
http://www.teamviewer.com/
But who will connect to him?

Biox1dE
Half-Nub

Cakes 3

I have my own personality

« Reply #111 on: March 10, 2012, 07:38:49 AM »

I have some free time to do it, let me read through the thread and re-read the issue

GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« Reply #112 on: March 10, 2012, 08:51:22 AM »

Either you have an issue with permissions as someone pointed out, either there is a subtle change in the code that produces a huge problem on some rare configurations.

I tried to check the sources, but the sources for 0.8.x-2 aren't available, so I couldn't check exactly the changes. Maybe Sago could provide us these sources?
lupus
Nub

Cakes 0

Lupus est homo homini...

« Reply #113 on: March 10, 2012, 09:02:06 AM »

*edit*
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 09:23:40 AM by lupus » Logged
GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« Reply #114 on: March 10, 2012, 09:04:47 AM »

You should not disclose publicly your contact informations, use PM to the one requesting your infos instead (disclosing publicly leave you open to spambots and hackbots).
Gonzo
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #115 on: March 11, 2012, 06:02:14 AM »

I've also spotted some stuff. Well, it could be present in previous versions, I dunno. You should fix the textures in following maps:

1) dm4ish map (the same corrupted texture is visible from above and below).

2) oa_dm4 (when standing downstairs beside the teleport).

3) oa_rpg3dm2 (near the megahealth upstairs, right in the corner on the floor).

Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 06:20:22 AM by Gonzo » Logged

There is always a presumption of innocence until proven guilty.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #116 on: March 11, 2012, 07:27:02 AM »

The rpg3dm2 bug was fixed.
I'll fix the others now.

EDIT: dm4ish won't be fixed. It's marked as one of the DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Cut_Content]cut maps.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #117 on: March 11, 2012, 07:48:24 AM »

I'm not sure about the relationship with "cut maps" and the future "quake tribute maps". All maps in currently in "cut content" category will not be placed even in the tribute pack, when the next major OA release will come out?

Gonzo
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #118 on: March 11, 2012, 07:53:21 AM »

Oh, my God! It's crazy to cut out such an excellent map as dm4ish Sad Lotsa people will be really upset... I've just found out a texture glitch in q3dm6ish, but after reading the answer here it'll be also dumped... Crazy... just crazy Sad Btw, what are the tribute packs and where can I find it?

Gonzo
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #119 on: March 11, 2012, 07:56:11 AM »

Quote from: Neon_Knight
The rpg3dm2 bug was fixed.

Where ?? I'm running the latest 0.8.8 OA. Btw, what about those packs which weren't added to the realease by someone's mistake as put somewhere here on the forum?

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #120 on: March 11, 2012, 08:10:36 AM »

It's not fixed in the 0.8.8 release, but the hotfix hopefully will contain said fix. I've uploaded it in the SVN Commits thread, as part of the 0.9.0 stuff, but I will upload it separately as part of the 0.8.8-2 hotfix stuff.

About dm4ish, we cannot let anymore to have bad quality maps in the game which make the game to look bad. That kind of maps makes OA to be the punchbag of FOSS games, and we don't want that anymore. I might retexturize it for the Q3 Tribute pack.

I'm not sure about the relationship with "cut maps" and the future "quake tribute maps". All maps in currently in "cut content" category will not be placed even in the tribute pack, when the next major OA release will come out?
The thing is that we couldn't cut stuff in patches, so "dummying out" stuff was the best option ATM.

About the tribute maps, IDK, these could be rescued, (I've tried to retexturize dm4ish in the past, plus some extra changes) but from my experience, it might be better to rebuild them from scratch. "Quake 1" style mapping brings a lot of problems when ported into "Quake 3" style mapping.

Gonzo
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #121 on: March 11, 2012, 01:15:05 PM »

Quote from: Neon_Knight

According to this you call czestdm a "quality map" for example? Come on, that's ridiculous to leave such a "map" and dump a really good one  Grin
All I can do here is just make a facepalm. Sorry, guys, no comments...

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #122 on: March 11, 2012, 05:50:54 PM »

dm4ish makes the game to look bad in it's current state. Period.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #123 on: May 21, 2012, 07:21:29 AM »

Hi! I've noticed that someone added a bot-related bug in the wiki, that I don't remember to have read here.
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Bugs?diff=12511&oldid=12175
Bots still cause Server Shutdown (Server crashed: netchan queue is not properly initialized in SV_Netchan_TransmitNextFragment) - AAS shutdown on dedicated servers?

Any ideas?

GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« Reply #124 on: May 22, 2012, 06:24:41 AM »

Bots still cause Server Shutdown (Server crashed: netchan queue is not properly initialized in SV_Netchan_TransmitNextFragment) - AAS shutdown on dedicated servers?

Never had this bug on the official OA build and with maps that have properly configured AAS script (on dedicated or normal game server).

So I think either this guy was using an unofficial and unstable build (eg: old versions of the server-side demos patch), either used a mod that do not handle properly or handle differently bots, either the map used for his test hasn't got bot support.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: