Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: There will be no swords.  (Read 66229 times)
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« on: September 13, 2011, 03:22:46 AM »

Period.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 03:42:57 AM »

nada

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 03:45:07 AM »

there will also be no targesbooster shields, sticky bombs and hats.

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 03:50:14 AM »

and the couch will not have a server

PopeJo
Lesser Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 04:11:12 AM »

there will also be no targesbooster shields, sticky bombs and hats.

Tony is wearing a hat. Kyonshi and Beret, too.

...so what is your point exactly?

Cakes 7

Is 7 up?

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 04:21:39 AM »

Awww come on, no Nodachi, no Flambard Zweihänder, not even a tiny Claymore? You've got to be kidding!

A hardcore FPS isn't complete without some heavy swashbuckling. (Preferably involving mass decapitations of couches!)

I'm on the ten most wanted list, I've got it dead in the groove.
My face is on every wanted poster in town, for the way I move.
WingedPanther

Cakes 4

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 08:42:38 AM »

How about light-sabers?  Or stilletos?

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 03:16:08 PM »

the only thing i've seen that actually implemented swords and lightsabers into q3 is Superheroes Arena

I should really use the news forum more often for little things like progession of content updates. Mods used to do that all the time. We haven't.

Pxtl
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 09:25:53 PM »

Wait, there are updates??  I'd assumed that, since the final public form of the project was old version + a patch (never releasing a single installer) that this project was dead and abandoned.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 10:58:00 PM »

It aint' dead, but it is super stagnant since the co-artist got tied up in RealLife(tm) years ago, leaving me as a lone modeler.

Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2011, 04:31:44 AM »

I should really use the news forum more often for little things like progession of content updates.

that would be very nice.
back to topic: maybe a flame thrower? Grin
Haverford
Nub

Cakes 1

make it work...

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 10:25:13 AM »

There is a mod of the lightning gun which is indeed a flamethrower complete with SFX, changed ammo pickup items, blooms, and the bolt it fires. Well I mean it looks like red lightning but okay.

So...frankly I'm more interested in what future versions of the game WILL have. Perhaps a solid and reliable admin system a la Urban Terror (!mute player 5d spamming) or something else seen in other similar-ish games.

Not saying we should follow the crowd, just that they sometimes have decent ideas. And I know, I know, a full dev team...

If you do something right...no one has to know you did anything at all.

</atrophy>
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2011, 03:33:20 AM »

So...frankly I'm more interested in what future versions of the game WILL have. Perhaps a solid and reliable admin system a la Urban Terror (!mute player 5d spamming) or something else seen in other similar-ish games.
And we already have that in OA 0.8.5+, though that specific !mute command doesn't work, !disorient doesn't either. Others do work.

Todo: Walk the cat.
TwEeK!
Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2011, 07:32:10 PM »

I smell shades of Red Eclipse (swords and sticky bombs, I think) and MegaFrag (flamethrowers implemented and coming soon, to a Knomi-arcadish version of OA, LOL!), which by coincidence are all hosted on the growing empire of MeTaLNET, rofl!

Sweet!

But, seriously, give the OA devs a break, thanks, and a compliment, dangit! Without them, we'd have none of this. This is a fun life thing for them, not real life, just as hosting and growing MeTaLNET is for myself, the Founding Fraggers of MeTaLNET and a few others. Pitfalls and bitching line the road, but we do it for the pebbles of goodness we find tossed as thanks from those who participate and care. :-)

I'm drunk. I hope that came out right.... LOL!

Thanks, fromhell, FromHell, Graion, Gig, and all the numerous others I'm failing to mention. We love you. You rock.

-- TwEeK!
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2011, 07:53:06 AM »

REMOVE ME FROM THAT THANK-LINE IMMEDIATELY.

I did nothing. Not even less.

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2011, 09:27:34 AM »

To say the truth, I'm not a developer. I did nothing that is in the SVN. I expanded the wiki, and did some bug reporting, but technically I'm no developer.

Anyway, thank you for the thanks! Smiley
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 12:27:39 PM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
TwEeK!
Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2011, 11:53:44 AM »

Okay, Gig and Graion, I hear what you're saying, but you are a part of the larger whole that has made this a great project. Why is it that YOUR names were the ones that came to my mind first? Because of the many knowledgeable and helpful posts I've read from you guys (and there are other people, too, but you guys came to mind first).

Hosting MeTaLNET (I don't like to say "running" it, since I don't, really, anymore, which is kinda the point of this whole post), I've come to learn that EVERYONE plays a role in making something work well, and oftentimes some of the key people may not get the recognition they deserve.

That always bugs me. So, I'm just trying to spread some love around and make sure that y'all know you're appreciated, from developers, to end-users, to hosts, etc. :-)

-- TwEeK!
Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2012, 02:40:38 PM »

Such changes, it looks like a great release!

After checking out the new version, I've found out something which pleasured me: Open Arena stays Open Arena. As far as I noticed, it's meant to be enjoying and not for playing seriously; which it does that job very well.
The models aren't realistic, while they often still have some realism but also some cartoonish flavour. The specular- or environmental-mapped shaders make them look pretty great now, but where are those bump- and parallax-mapped shaders staying Cheesy?
Anyway, I noticed several "bugs":
- The "attack" animation of Angelyss (and any other variant on that mesh) is getting overriden by the "idle" animation after a very few milliseconds (it sometimes shows up for just a frame, while it sometimes doesn't show up at all). This also counts for Neko.
- Gargogyle seems to run a bit too fast for it's animation, as it looks like he's being pushed forward. Maybe a putting the animation little bit faster would fix that?
Couldn't find any other unusual bugs that quick, so great job!

« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 11:09:54 AM by Suicizer » Logged

I'm good at everything but can't do anything...
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2012, 07:12:55 PM »

- The "attack" animation of Angelyss (and any other variant on that mesh) is getting overriden by the "idle" animation after a very few milliseconds (it sometimes shows up for just a frame, while it sometimes doesn't show up at all). This also counts for Neko.

Due to the way the model's made (the entire body and head is on lower.md3) there is no actual attack frames. Not a bug, just a design side effect.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: